***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Two of Spain's group games were excellent, Iran match was okay as well, not Spain's fault Russia are parking the bus in Mourinho style!

Nah mate. Russia are getting deep because Spain are slowly forcing them back by passing the ball between the midfield and the defenders then progressing their back line up. Russia when they get possession are high enough up the park. Watch next time the Russian keeper has the ball.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

I read that first sentence as I had to take the wife shopping ?  Really enjoyed both games and results yday, hopefully the Croatia game will be better

:lol: We went in to a couple of shops but mostly in the search of violet gin. Was a genuine pub crawl. Oor anniversary so a wee celebration.

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Might as well be watching Baseball. Expected so much more from Spain, but they’ve been asleep from the off. 

I don't think they're asleep. I think they're all over-coached in to playing the same rigid style of football. Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass. Where's the freedom to just play football? Take your man on and make something happen. There's been arguments that Russia are parking the bus but it's the slow build up play of Spain that's progressively forcing the Russians to get deeper and deeper.

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I don't think they're asleep. I think they're all over-coached in to playing the same rigid style of football. Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass. Where's the freedom to just play football? Take your man on and make something happen. There's been arguments that Russia are parking the bus but it's the slow build up play of Spain that's progressively forcing the Russians to get deeper and deeper.

Rodrigo just opened them a bit.

Spain are so so slow. Pass after pass after pass. Why is nobody willing to just have a fucking pop. Even if they get through this I can't see them winning the whole thing. They're just as bad as Germany.

Fair play to Russia who have just kept them at arms length.

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Roy of the Rovers no more.

Ticcy tacky football got sussed a few years ago by the Germans, who played wide around the midfield instead of through it. Football moves on, as far as I can see it's now a midfield battleground, with a good goal taker up front making the difference. 

Saying that though, the Argentinians, who I had as favourites fucked it. 

Archived