Rangers touch down in Spain

MattyBlue

15 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

They would have dozens of pictures, do you think it was just by chance they decided to use that particular snap?

Considering the shop is right at the fucking security gate it’s hard not to get it in a shot. 

Anyway my post was in reference to “pedo F.C.”. 

Haven't a clue were FF got it from but this interview is a great read

The new boss has made it clear his side must drastically improve their fitness if they are to harbour any hope of closing the gap on celtic.

Prior to his appointment, Gerrard took in the derby clash at Ibrox when celtic had Jozo Simunovic sent off with the score at 2-2 and more than half an hour left on the clock.

The Liverpool legend fully expected the team he was about to inherit to make the numerical advantage count and steamroller the champions.
Instead, he watched in disbelief as ten-man celtic got a second wind and Rangers ran out of steam.

Gers were then blown away in two subsequent meetings by an aggregate scoreline of 9-0.

In the final game of the season at Easter Road they went from 3-0 down to 5-3 ahead, only to concede twice late on as Hibs salvaged a point.

For Gerrard, who prided himself on his impressive athletic prowess and stamina during a distinguished career, it was nowhere near good enough.
That’s why he has made fitness levels a priority over the next ten days at the club’s pre-season training camp in southern Spain.

He said: “The fitness is the thing that struck me most when watching them last season.

“If you want to play at the top end and fight for trophies, be in the running when the big prizes are given out, compete against the best, the first thing you have to do is be fit.

“You need to be ready for the challenges at the top level. If the fitness is not there, where do you go?

“You look at the group and where you can improve it and fitness is one of those areas.

“I watched Rangers close up in the Old Firm game at Ibrox and it was glaringly obvious to me that celtic were fitter and stronger on that occasion.

“It’s the easy thing to say ‘We didn’t get the luck’.

“But when you go into it in a bit more detail, if you’re a man up with that amount of time on the clock, I’d expect my team to run all over the opposition physically.

“I could also see signs of it in the last four or five games when I watched them as well. That’s probably a good reason why celtic have been quite successful.”

Gerrard has charged ex-Liverpool strength and conditioning coach Jordan Milsom with the task of knocking his squad into shape.

Milsom takes up the role as Rangers head of performance after spending the last eight years at Anfield.

Gerrard said: “It would have helped if they were fitter, stronger, in good shape, finely tuned and ready for the demands of football at the top level.

“If you’ve got all your squad finely tuned and in shape, it will help you.

“I’ve a lot of confidence in Jordan, who is an expert in that field. You can’t get any more qualified. Not just the qualifications but the way he goes about it, his mannerisms in the one-on-ones with the player and the dynamics in the gym and outside on the pitch. His delivery is spot on.”

While Gerrard will be working to get his players in peak physical condition during the Spanish trip, he will also assess whether those already at the club have the mental strength to cope with life at Rangers.

He said: “We all have to carry the burden of working for Rangers. I do, my staff do and the players have been told that’s the reality of it.

If you can’t carry the burden of playing for Rangers you’ll be found out pretty quickly and not just by the fans, but everyone looking in.

“You have to take that responsibility and the weight the badge brings. Nobody can escape that.”

Gerrard insists he will give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

He said: “What’s important for me is that I’ll judge everyone with a blank piece of paper.

There are places there up for grabs and I’ll know pretty soon who wants them.

“You have to earn them. It won’t just be given to them any more.

“Reputations and names, it’s not about that. It’s about the best players who are going to get results for us.”

The hard graft starts this morning in Spain, with Gerrard and No2 Gary McAllister anxious to start bonding with a squad which fractured under predecessor Graeme Murty.

Gerrard said: “The most important thing is for the players to get used to me and my staff and for the staff to get used to the players and start building relationships.

“We said to the players it is important we become one, we become a group and there are no cliques

“We are all after the same thing and that is success.

“The best way for us to do that is to fight for each other and pull in the right direction.

“Togetherness and team spirit, all these buzzwords you hear most pre-seasons, are what we’re looking for."

33 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I think he’s wrong tbh, we were beat because they’re a better team and our players bottled it

He never said fitness was the only reason we lost. He is right, that 3-2 game our players were blowing out their arse yet theirs kept going even at 10 men, every man in that stadium expected us to run over the cunts but we just physically couldn’t.