Murphy

2 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Putting it out there,

I don’t rate Murphy at all. He’s a hard worker and all that but for me he isn’t creative enough to unlock defences and can’t really beat a man. I couldn’t tell you his natural position but it isn’t in this current system.

i would rather Middleton and candeias either side of Morelos with a proper midfielder in the middle 3 like jack Rossiter and Arfield.

take it you all like Murphy?

96C8498D-3F3E-46AC-A0A2-8E68B6E5DB26.gif

Interesting comment, there was a player on the field that looked like Murphy, wearing his number 7 shirt who was beating players all night and scored a goal.

Young Middleton has all the hallmarks of being a good player, solid build doesn't get knocked off the ball, can beat defenders and puts in good crosses. But will need more time to develop.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We don't get along much on here but I find myself agree with you a lot 

I don't get along with anyone much on the internet. I think it's because I'm so thouroughly agreeable in the real world, it's nice to blow off steam online and be the cunt I'm too scared to actually be.

11 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Goldson was motm by a country mile.

Same here. The standard of opposition aside he looked calm and composed on the ball, don't think he broke sweat all night. 

Still very early days and much bigger challenges to come but liking the look of Goldson so far.

12 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Showed little last season. Has showed the same at his previous clubs.

In 16 league games last season he contributed to 12 goals (4 goals and 8 assists)  which is a pretty good return for me considering the dross we had in our team!

12 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Putting it out there,

I don’t rate Murphy at all. He’s a hard worker and all that but for me he isn’t creative enough to unlock defences and can’t really beat a man. I couldn’t tell you his natural position but it isn’t in this current system.

i would rather Middleton and candeias either side of Morelos with a proper midfielder in the middle 3 like jack Rossiter and Arfield.

He absolutely can beat a man. He can beat loads of men. My issue with him is that he doesn’t look up enough when he’s doing it, meaning he doesn’t know what to do with it once he’s beaten them.

12 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Putting it out there,

Madness.

I'm still not convinced by him either but he's nowhere near our worst player. If Middleton continues to excite, I'd push Murphy to the wide right and get rid of Windass or Candeias (I don't like either) or have him off a front man. He seems to have had more influence in games for longer spells when he's not wide left.