Fanzone cancelled.

Escobar

I’ve lived in the area all my life so feel I can speak for some of the locals. 

The complex was one of the first ones built, and it’s now ageing. The indoor facilities are awful as is the pitch. 

Rangers helped pay for the pitch and get use of it when we run our soccer schools.  

GCC can overrule the local community and go ahead with the plan, but probably won’t. 

What Stephen said in his interview probabaly won’t go down well as if he looked at the facts he might feel he’s made an arse of himself. 

1 Rangers can not have any more than 4 home fixtures on Sky TV, one of them is v Tarriers with a 12pm kick off in the 2 weeks that the complex is closed for the Christmas break. 

2. He mentions burgers and beers , but in the proposal it pointed out that the Fanzone would have a football pitch withRFC coaches there to advise and coach the kids who turn up to it.

3 actually having this would be a benefit to him and his council who are trying to put in this parking restrictions , by having up to 7,500 people on the doorstep of the stadium then it would significantly reduce the amount of fans travelling to Ibrox later in the day. 

4. Ive seen this Fanzone at Man City and although it’s not for me, I prefer doing my drinking in real pubs, it’s fantastic always very busy , they have a live band on every game, ex players being interviewed and anyone I know who I get tickets for games all say it enhances their matchday experience.

Im hoping I can get down to Dornans surgery in whitefield road at some point as I wouldn’t mind a word with him regards the parking scheme as my house is just outside the zone and it’s going to be chaotic on matchdays as we are just pushing the issues further outside.