Morelos red rescinded

RangersMedia

Didnt know you could deliberately kick a player and only get a yellow for it. Good that he isn't going to be suspended, but he really needs to control his temper before he costs us more points needlessly. 

1 minute ago, BF1 said:

Didnt know you could deliberately kick a player and only get a yellow for it. Good that he isn't going to be suspended, but he really needs to control his temper before he costs us more points needlessly. 

Did he actually kick him though?

I also didn't realise you could deliberately shoulder barge a player off the ball with one of them verging on assault and not be punished for it

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I also didn't realise you could deliberately shoulder barge a player off the ball with one of them verging on assault and not be punished for it

Watching it back it clearly looks like a kick to me.

As for the shoulder, defenders do it all the time and you never really see it go punished. It's part of the game in the Britain. Morelos gets it more because defenders know they can get a reaction out of him. If anything players will just target him more after this.

7 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Watching it back it clearly looks like a kick to me.

As for the shoulder, defenders do it all the time and you never really see it go punished. It's part of the game in the Britain. Morelos gets it more because defenders know they can get a reaction out of him. If anything players will just target him more after this.

The worst comment in the thread. Did you not see the refs rescinded it because it wasn't a red?

Shoulder to shoulder is ok when you're going for a challenge for the ball but not when an opposing player is simply passing by you (twice) and the ball is quite a few yards away in another play.

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

The worst comment in the thread. Did you not see the refs rescinded it because it wasn't a red?

Shoulder to shoulder is ok when you're going for a challenge for the ball but not when an opposing player is simply passing by you (twice) and the ball is quite a few yards away in another play.

And did getting the card rescinded get us 3 points? No.

The fact is Morelos needlessly put the ref in a position where he had a decision to make and we ultimately got punished for it. You can blame the ref, Morelos, the SFA or anyone else, it doesnt make a difference. Away to the sheep is one of the toughest games we will play in the league and we dominated them a man down for basically the whole game. I have no doubt we would have trounced them if it was 11v11. 

I'm not disagreeing with your shoulder to shoulder comment. It was cheap. But it happens week in week out in the British leagues and after a year here Morelos should know that.

41 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

If that incident happens on the street, the sheep-botherer gets a night in the cells and Alfredo gets a lift home. Don't know why it should be reversed because they're running around on a football pitch.

1 minute ago, BF1 said:

And did getting the card rescinded get us 3 points? No.

The fact is Morelos needlessly put the ref in a position where he had a decision to make and we ultimately got punished for it. You can blame the ref, Morelos, the SFA or anyone else, it doesnt make a difference. Away to the sheep is one of the toughest games we will play in the league and we dominated them a man down for basically the whole game. I have no doubt we would have trounced them if it was 11v11. 

I'm not disagreeing with your shoulder to shoulder comment. It was cheap. But it happens week in week out in the British leagues and after a year here Morelos should know that.

Wasn't part of your original point and the rest of your answer is simply shit. We all know the importance of the game and how we dominated it. Shoulder to shoulder ffs, it was 2 distinct fucking barges on wee fred. Get a grip dolly.

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Wasn't part of your original point and the rest of your answer is simply shit. We all know the importance of the game and how we dominated it. Shoulder to shoulder ffs, it was 2 distinct fucking barges on wee fred. Get a grip dolly.

Nice taig-esque response.