Morelos red rescinded

RangersMedia

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

If it was always a yellow how could he have given them an option?

By not kicking out the last game he stepped on a players ankle he could have got us out of that competition as well with his stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

By not kicking out the last game he stepped on a players ankle he could have got us out of that competition as well with his stupidity.

It's not Morelos' fault Scottish referees don't know their own fucking laws.

16 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

So what happens to the referee does he get marked down or does it not really matter that we had to play 80 minutes with 10 men?

As well as we played with 10 men I reckon with 11 we would have won with a bit to spare so the referee has cost us two points, in the big picture at the end of the season that decision might have  massive implications.

4 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

If the linesman says 'hey ref that wee Morelos just booted fuck out of that centre back' there's not much a ref can do other than send him off whether he saw it or not

The Ref should have consulted his linesman for more info and surity,  thus giving him time on his decision.

As for seeing things,  Clancy was right on top of the penalty (red), the thug on Arfield (red) and the Jack incident (red) but still managed to see nothing.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

This is my major concern with him as well tbh. Just so easily wound up and will have even more players trying to get a reaction now. Should never have been a red but if he doesn’t kick out then no action would have been taken. It’s his inability to control his reactions that could cost us over the season. He has to learn to control his temper and do so very quickly.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Opening game of the season, a high profile game between two teams who don’t like each other, loud atmosphere, in front of a large watching audience  and a couple of physical players have a bit of tit-for-tat in the opening stages. What is it they say: “play the game, not the occasion” Surely that applies to referees too?

I mean i’m no referee but even a blind man could see that the sensible thing to do would be to pull both players aside and have a word with them because what he did there could easily have led to temperatures boiling over and him losing control of the game.

It was awful, awful officiating.

Yes it was awful, but it was also bias.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Still the decision most likely cost us 3 points, just like last season, are refs and linesman corrupt or incompetent

Reminds me so much like the Hivs game 

Sinister decisions all day yet as going against us in important game  

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes it was awful, but it was also bias.

2 calls in amongst many that says it was 

1 linesmen says he seen Alfredo's kick but not the lunges .Lies

2 The ref could not wait to get his red card out after 9mins of the start of a season 

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

So last August Ryan Jack had a red rescinded after being wrongly sent off against Hibs in a game where John Beaton misses the assault on Tav, Morelos somehow gets booked for being dragged by the neck to the ground and more. Cost us the game in my opinion big time.

Then in December, against Kilmarnock, a second appeal won for a red against Jack. This red was actually a fucking yellow IN THE GAME originally, and the ref Alan Muir consulted with his fourth official and upgraded it wrongly to a red. That whole thing royally fucked the penalty we were about to take. Cost us the game again.

He was then sent off for the tackle on Stevie May which was May's own fault for being a pussy and pulling out the 50/50. Collum was on a mission that day to send one of our guys off in my opinion. We appealed, no chance the SFA would look this fucking stupid so we lost that and he gets an extended ban for our trouble.

Clear to see Jack was the target last year.

They've painted Morelos as some wee petty violent short fused thug already so it's pretty clear he's this seasons target. Even though the red at the weekend was his first ever red...

It's fucking bullshit and the bias is clear cut.

Still baffles me and pisses me off Halliday was sent off for pumping one fist in the air to celebrate a goal to our away fans whilst standing in the middle of the fucking pitch! 

Speaking of Halliday there was also another red we won against hibs where that wee cunt Fyvie faked being headbutted.

All of these incidents and yet there's countless times players of opposing teams were freely allowed to assault and maim our players without even being spoken to, let alone fucking carded!

We need to speak out on this bullshit and put pressure on them.

Fucking great post mate, and so many more that can be added, however, according to some one here  it’s all just honest, genuine mistakes and incompetence. 

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Am amazed by that tbh. Not because it's the wring decision, but because they've accepted a further officials error straight after Gerrard criticises them. Honestly thought they'd have closed ranks.

They didn't close ranks because at this point in time the Gerrard Factor is bringing this Mickey Mouse league prestige and money.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Reminds me so much like the Hivs game 

Sinister decisions all day yet as going against us in important game  

Happened twice to Jack and now once to Morelos in important games, bias or an honest incompetence it needs to be investigated and/or we need VAR

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

It's not Morelos' fault Scottish referees don't know their own fucking laws.

He's a loose cannon we cannot guarantee he won't react this way in another big game players and refs will target him now.