Morelos red rescinded

RangersMedia

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

Step forward Ex St Mirren player to ref us against St Mirren on Sunday.

Only in Scotland and only against Rangers could this happen.

And one of his assistants is called Sean Carr

8 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Having part time officials in the SPFL plays it's part i think. I don't believe corruption has anything to do with these decisions going against us, but rather poorly trained officials who don't have the knowledge or the training a full time official has or gets.

It is unbelievable that in this day and age the SPFL still persist with basically amateur officials who can't keep up with the play, nor it appears,  apply the rules consistently. The SFA / SPFL need to get their act together and make fulltime officials compulsory. They bleat on continually about raising the standard (and profile) of Scottish football, yet the games are being controlled by officials that are better suited for Sunday League games on a cow paddock.

While a lot of the decisions appear to be against our team on a regular basis and make me scratch my head at what I'm seeing, I agree there's no conspiracy, just ineptness from the guys making the decisions. Whether that's caused by being part-time or being unfit mentally to get the big decisions correct is another question altogether.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

It is unbelievable that in this day and age the SPFL still persist with basically amateur officials who can't keep up with the play, nor it appears,  apply the rules consistently. The SFA / SPFL need to get their act together and make fulltime officials compulsory. They bleat on continually about raising the standard (and profile) of Scottish football, yet the games are being controlled by officials that are better suited for Sunday League games on a cow paddock.

While a lot of the decisions appear to be against our team on a regular basis and make me scratch my head at what I'm seeing, I agree there's no conspiracy, just ineptness from the guys making the decisions. Whether that's caused by being part-time or being unfit mentally to get the big decisions correct is another question altogether.

Ok as long as the pro refs are from non denominational schools...those from sectarian indoctrination academies should be excluded.

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

How many significant decisions went against the sheep on Sunday would you say Oz? Game changers, key decisions, blatant rule breaches, wrongly punished, dodgy type decisions?

Just interested as I'm sure am inept ref is inept for both teams, right?

the damage is done. the ref basically removed our striker. that dramatically changed the game. if we played the way we did with morelos then we could've won that. fuck sake we should've won even with 10 men. 

this is  starting to happen a lot. get one of our players sent off then rescind the card. either the refs are completely incompetent or are fixing the game. nothing will be done about it though.

5 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Ok as long as the pro refs are from non denominational schools...those from sectarian indoctrination academies should be excluded.

I am in agreement with that, mate although it will never happen in Scotland until these schools are either closed down or employ teachers from other religions/no religion from RC  schools.

Game one of the new league season, 12 minutes in and the bastards are at the cheating. Only in this bheast controlled cesspit of a country would  that happen. Blatant. Makes me sick to think how far we have fallen. Rescinding the card was inevitable. But Kevin Clancy should be strung up by his bollocks, the mhanky bheast cunt.

21 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Opening game of the season, a high profile game between two teams who don’t like each other, loud atmosphere, in front of a large watching audience  and a couple of physical players have a bit of tit-for-tat in the opening stages. What is it they say: “play the game, not the occasion” Surely that applies to referees too?

I mean i’m no referee but even a blind man could see that the sensible thing to do would be to pull both players aside and have a word with them because what he did there could easily have led to temperatures boiling over and him losing control of the game.

It was awful, awful officiating.

The whole game was officiated poorly.  Ball and May being the other examples.  

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How many significant decisions went against the sheep on Sunday would you say Oz? Game changers, key decisions, blatant rule breaches, wrongly punished, dodgy type decisions?

Just interested as I'm sure am inept ref is inept for both teams, right?

The answer to your question my friend is; absolutely fuck all in a game-changing sense. When I say that officials are inept, I wasn't referring to our game against the sheep in particular; I was referring to Scottish football in general. I have played in games where the officials were brilliant and I've played in games where I was almost convinced the cunts were more concerned about collecting the brown envelope full of cash than actually watching what was happening on the pitch; in fact the worst case of ineptness in a game I've played in came from a whistler who officiated at World Cup finals, but if I truly thought that officials were conspiring against a team, I would stop watching football completely.

That performance from Clancy was terrible in the extreme, and the assistants were no better, but it was no worse than what we would get from Beaton, Dallas, Walsh, Madden, Muir, Thomson etc, or cunts from the past like Brines, Conroy, O'Reilly; the list is fucking endless.

Yes they are fucking shit, but if every one of those I mentioned went on a park to deliberately fuck us up, mate, then lock them Blue gates permanently.

29 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

The answer to your question my friend is; absolutely fuck all in a game-changing sense. When I say that officials are inept, I wasn't referring to our game against the sheep in particular; I was referring to Scottish football in general. I have played in games where the officials were brilliant and I've played in games where I was almost convinced the cunts were more concerned about collecting the brown envelope full of cash than actually watching what was happening on the pitch; in fact the worst case of ineptness in a game I've played in came from a whistler who officiated at World Cup finals, but if I truly thought that officials were conspiring against a team, I would stop watching football completely.

That performance from Clancy was terrible in the extreme, and the assistants were no better, but it was no worse than what we would get from Beaton, Dallas, Walsh, Madden, Muir, Thomson etc, or cunts from the past like Brines, Conroy, O'Reilly; the list is fucking endless.

Yes they are fucking shit, but if every one of those I mentioned went on a park to deliberately fuck us up, mate, then lock them Blue gates permanently.

I hear what you're saying. But that's why to put it down to ineptitude doesn't sit well with me.If a ref is poor then he's poor to all. Decisions come and go, for and against, and you'd imagine would balance out....

The sheep game was only on a par with last season's hivs game for me, where folk were sitting simply dumbfounded at decision after decision which pretty much all went against us.

When have we benefited from the number and magnitude of blatant errors? Nah I can't think of it either.

So if there no ineptitude which balances itself out and affects us as much favourably as it goes against us, and there's games like hivs and sheep where it's breathtakingly bad, oh and we lead charts for rescinded wrongly issued red cards...   then what is it? 

It simply can't be that referees are just shite.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I hear what you're saying. But that's why to put it down to ineptitude doesn't sit well with me.If a ref is poor then he's poor to all. Decisions come and go, for and against, and you'd imagine would balance out....

The sheep game was only on a par with last season's hivs game for me, where folk were sitting simply dumbfounded at decision after decision which pretty much all went against us.

When have we benefited from the number and magnitude of blatant errors? Nah I can't think of it either.

So if there no ineptitude which balances itself out and affects us as much favourably as it goes against us, and there's games like hivs and sheep where it's breathtakingly bad, oh and we lead charts for rescinded wrongly issued red cards...   then what is it? 

Perhaps we explain things a different way in Australia, mate." Inept" is the same as "fucking pish" and you are spot on about games where we have copped a flogging from horrible decisions, but if all officials are truly corrupt against us, then it will either have to be fixed by the SFA/SPFL by some means, or we as a club refuse to participate.  Will it take a stunt like the tarriers pulled in season 2010-11 when they whined so fucking much that the referees went on strike, or do we just fucking get on with it and show these cunts we can still win no matter what they do?

If you have an answer, I would like to hear it.

8 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Absolutely right. During the World Cup there was some talk about using VAR in Scotland. Our officials struggle to cope with the technology of the whistle and the flag. 

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Perhaps we explain things a different way in Australia, mate." Inept" is the same as "fucking pish" and you are spot on about games where we have copped a flogging from horrible decisions, but if all officials are truly corrupt against us, then it will either have to be fixed by the SFA/SPFL by some means, or we as a club refuse to participate.  Will it take a stunt like the tarriers pulled in season 2010-11 when they whined so fucking much that the referees went on strike, or do we just fucking get on with it and show these cunts we can still win no matter what they do?

If you have an answer, I would like to hear it.

I don't know the answers mate, I just see the problem. Just getting on with it is difficult when we are so often wrongly punished with men sent off, or injured with no action taken. So yeah we need to work towards simply scoring more goals but that's harder still when better players are off the park, injured, suspended etc whilst the scum in particular seem to have no similar issues.

At one end of the scale refereeing is inept (fucking pish?) at the other it is corrupt as fuck out to get us.

Personally I don't think it's at either extreme, though for me it's moving significantly further from simple ineptitude following Sunday. 

Unconscious bias or suchlike perhaps.

But just being shite? Nah it's beyond that tbh.

42 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think there's a fundamental problem with incompetence and amateurism, but there could also be something beyond that. Less to do with overt, conscious bias perhaps, but to do with a more subtle mindset or conditioning on the part of the officials that comes from decades of Scottish football being dominated by an establishment that launched a vicious campaign against referees at one point, but now has them effectively on a short leash? 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't know the answers mate, I just see the problem. Just getting on with it is difficult when we are so often wrongly punished with men sent off, or injured with no action taken. So yeah we need to work towards simply scoring more goals but that's harder still when better players are off the park, injured, suspended etc whilst the scum in particular seem to have no similar issues.

At one end of the scale refereeing is inept (fucking pish?) at the other it is corrupt as fuck out to get us.

Personally I don't think it's at either extreme, though for me it's moving significantly further from simple ineptitude following Sunday. 

Unconscious bias or suchlike perhaps.

But just being shite? Nah it's beyond that tbh.

I agree with 99.9% of what you say and I certainly respect your point of view, mate, but as bad as it is, I still wouldn't say that the officials are corrupt, even although when watching our games on Rangers TV at ungodly hours of the night/ morning I get so angry that I feel like throwing my computer out the fucking window. If it was one or two officials that continually give terrible decisions against us, I would be asking what fucking school they went to, but when it's the entire lot of them, then it has to be something other than that. No matter what it is, these cunts are costing us points and players out with injuries far too much for my liking.

Keeping with the thread title, I have a theory about the Morelos Red card being rescinded. I personally think if Clancy had given both players a good talking to and possibly a yellow card each, then we could have got on with the game, but Clancy followed the advice of his linesman and by the letter of the law gave Morelos a Red, while McKenna got off Scot free; so we appeal the card, not (I think) because Morelos was in the right, but because no action was taken against McKenna for his role in the incident. I am certain this was the reason the card was rescinded, because if Clancy had given McKenna a yellow, then Morelos would be banned for 2 games.

So all it has done is throw the spotlight back on the officials for fucking up......I bet the compliance officer won't even look at the May assault on Jack, nor the lack of a card to that wee cunt who chucked the ball at Katic.

34 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Absolutely right. During the World Cup there was some talk about using VAR in Scotland. Our officials struggle to cope with the technology of the whistle and the flag. 

I can imagine the scene with the Scottish version of VAR: Ref stops the game, gives the VAR sign and rushes over to the sideline wanting the incident shown from all angles; looks at the 4th official madly drawing sketches on a sheet of A4 paper with a black pencil.....Game finishes on the 360th minute of time added on. :confused:

So we're not sure if the refs are incompetent, biased or corrupt. But I do have to question the honesty or bias of their masters at the SFA when a player who used to play for a specific team gets to referee a match with that team playing.

DK kicked off about mclennan being predjudiced or biased because of allegiances, why not the same for the ref.

Anyone listen to Talksport this morning ?

They had "thick as shit" Hartson on with "I'll sell my soul anywhere for the money" "Sam Allardyce".

Brazil mentioned Gerrard and Scottish football and Hartson comes back with "There was a wee bit of bother at the game Morelos kicked out and the  Aberdeen player was sent off leaving them playing 10 men for the rest of the game"

Allardyce then rambles on for 5 minutes how Gerrard would have been disappointed at not winning against 10 men and how we should have been able to win with an extra man. It ws really cringy as no doubt fat Brazil was "aware" that Hartson had fucked up, but in true catholic fashion said nothing about what he knew. 

Then they cut to adverts, no mention of it afterward so now the morning talksport audience believe it was Rangers fault they could'nt beat ten men. 

You really could not make up the kind of shite that is being constantly spouted o the radio about us,  along with the ignornance and self rightiousness of clowns like Brazil, Hartson and all the other media timmys