Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, backup said:

Alfredo is in London for a medical, Palace it would seem.

Surely if he’s at the stage of having a medical, then some sort of fee would have already been negotiated and agreed, yet there has been not one thing reported on it from either us or Palace. 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Surely if he’s at the stage of having a medical, then some sort of fee would have already been negotiated and agreed, yet there has been not one thing reported on it from either us or Palace. 

Of course.....

2 minutes ago, Goldy boy said:

Unsure why everyone is getting touchy and upset.

Selling Alfie is a necessity imo if we want to go for the league. Interest from a rich club like Palace is a positive.

I’m no saying it’s not a positive or even that it’s no likely, my point is, if he was actually down there getting a medical, there is no chance the media wouldn’t have picked up on the deal by this point. It honestly does not just jump from somecunt being interested to a medical 

21 minutes ago, Goldy boy said:

Selling Alfie is a necessity imo if we want to go for the league. Interest from a rich club like Palace is a positive.

Losing the best player in the country and you expect party hats and wee bits of buntin. 

26 minutes ago, Goldy boy said:

I would like you in detail to explain that

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I would like you in detail to explain that

Our football is far less cohesive when Morelos plays, we tend to resort to just lumping it up to him and relying on him doing something. He doesn’t have any great link up play of note with any other player in the team. We were worked out last season in this regard.

If we sell Morelos for 15-20m then we have money to boost the quality across the whole of the attacking line. As long as your striker can find the net and work well with other forwards, you don’t need an all action one man battering ram like Morelos.

If it comes to January and we’re in a title race, we will need that cash from Alfie (and his wages off the bill) to make the necessary strengthening in order to take it to the wire.

if we’re hamstrung in that regard, and god forbid Morelos gets injured or his head is turned, whilst the Yahoos strengthen, then we are up shits creek.

I’ll be genuinely concerned if we don’t sell him, for a decent fee.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Losing the best player in the country and you expect party hats and wee bits of buntin. 

Don’t recall saying that? I just said there’s no need for be upset. If we get a decent fee for him it will be a net positive.

1 minute ago, Goldy boy said:

Our football is far less cohesive when Morelos plays, we tend to resort to just lumping it up to him and relying on him doing something. He doesn’t have any great link up play of note with any other player in the team. We were worked out last season in this regard.

If we sell Morelos for 15-20m then we have money to boost the quality across the whole of the attacking line. As long as your striker can find the net and work well with other forwards, you don’t need an all action one man battering ram like Morelos.

If it comes to January and we’re in a title race, we will need that cash from Alfie (and his wages off the bill) to make the necessary strengthening in order to take it to the wire.

if we’re hamstrung in that regard, and god forbid Morelos gets injured or his head is turned, whilst the Yahoos strengthen, then we are up shits creek.

I’ll be genuinely concerned if we don’t sell him, for a decent fee.

This 15-20 million you are talking about won't all be spent on the forward line and I'd be surprised if all of it was even put back into the team. 

To say that selling a striker that got us 30 goals last season is a necessity to winning the league is utter bollocks. No reason why we can't strengthen our forward line and still keep Morelos. Shift cunts like Grezda and Lafferty out the door and use that money.

I'll be genuinely concerned if we sell Morelos and go into the season with unknown strikers and Defoe on loan 

1 minute ago, Goldy boy said:

Don’t recall saying that? I just said there’s no need for be upset. If we get a decent fee for him it will be a net positive.

Potentially Morelos’s goals over 3 seasons and the income our success would generate because of that - would out way any fee. 

We would be stupid to cash in on him. Our last 30 goal striker was Kris Boyd 10 years ago.  10 fucking long years 

Losing him terrifies me. Hard, hard player to replace and although we’ll have targets identified it’s a huge risk. We could spread quality all throughout our attack with the money or blow it on clowns like Grezda and end up regressing. 

Archived