F$$k your coefficient

magic8ball

17 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I wish Carol Vorderman could come on here and explain this. My head is scrambled.

I wouldn’t worry too much.

i made a bit of c@@@ of it ?

I wasn’t far away mind you.

It’s 3 years not 5 IF the 4 Scottish teams can repeat the same level of success I’ve mentioned for EACH of the 3 years.

Its all hypothetical because there is no danger they can do it.

ma heid was burstin trying to work it out. Had a kid running around making a fucking racket all day long as well ?

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Us and cellic getting into the group stages would be a start. Then we look to build on that.

But honestly, if its a choice between watching them getting fucked out of Europe or the coefficient - I'll take watching them getting fucked out of Europe every time. I dont recall anybody in Scotland being bothered with the coefficient when they voted us out, though I do remember us getting the blame in the press BECAUSE we couldn't qualify for Europe - and therefore the coefficient was somehow our fault

Sorry  @gogzy

That's fine. You're entitled to be wrong :p

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

If you read all the thread , it was someone having a go at my IQ however low that is, that merited my reply .

Plenty of people agreed with my shite Gogzy  lad :p:

:lol:  plenty people have agreed with all sorts of mental shit throughout history mate ?

I don't care about the coefficient because we can't control how pish or not Aberdeen, Hibs or the spuds are. We should think about the qualifiers as an early cup tournament and set up for that. See how we go as Rangers and not a, we are all in it together, type nonsense. We should only care about what we can control and that is our performance, not Aberdeen, Hibs or the spuds.

7 hours ago, ZZed said:

I don't care about the coefficient because we can't control how pish or not Aberdeen, Hibs or the spuds are. We should think about the qualifiers as an early cup tournament and set up for that. See how we go as Rangers and not a, we are all in it together, type nonsense. We should only care about what we can control and that is our performance, not Aberdeen, Hibs or the spuds.

Doesnt really matter what any of those fuckers do.  I thought the Co efficent changed so it was only your own clubs results that mattered??

At some point Scottish football is simply going to have to bury the hatchet. It’s essential if we are ever going to grow again. Otherwise we will be a welsh league or Irish league standard eventually. 

For it to happen a lot of people are going to have to move on. Mostly from celtic and SPFL and SFA. But also from Hibs and if we are being honest we probably need to see the back of King as well. So we are looking at at least 7-10 years. 

There is a poison that was injected into our game about 12 years ago and we still haven’t cleansed it. Liewell needs gone as does the celtic board. We need a strong celtic but we don’t need a poisonous celtic

First thing that needs to happen is we need to win the league and get into CL. That will be step one in sorting this clusterfuck out. We can then tell the rest of the clubs that they need to up their game and sort themselves out ?

I know from a sensible head perspective it makes no sense whatsoever but to be frank I wish every Scottish club other than the famous nothing but misfortune in Europe and pray they are pumped out at the earliest opportunity. They all without exception attempted to kill my club and told us everything would be Eutopia without us therefore fuck the co efficient and fuck every other club in the SPFl.  Yes it makes it harder for us in the long term but I can live with that. Hoping Hivs are royally shafted and Savco pumped out the play offs. Am I allowed to repeat fuck the co efficient?

The OP of this thread has articulated the feeling of in my opinion the majority of the fan base. Following recent and continuing events and attitudes towards us I am in no mood for consolidation with our fellow SPFL members and when the time comes to do so I’d like us to be orchestrating things from a position of strength. Meantime I wish no success to anyone except ourselves...

16 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

At some point Scottish football is simply going to have to bury the hatchet. It’s essential if we are ever going to grow again. Otherwise we will be a welsh league or Irish league standard eventually. 

For it to happen a lot of people are going to have to move on. Mostly from celtic and SPFL and SFA. But also from Hibs and if we are being honest we probably need to see the back of King as well. So we are looking at at least 7-10 years. 

There is a poison that was injected into our game about 12 years ago and we still haven’t cleansed it. Liewell needs gone as does the celtic board. We need a strong celtic but we don’t need a poisonous celtic

First thing that needs to happen is we need to win the league and get into CL. That will be step one in sorting this clusterfuck out. We can then tell the rest of the clubs that they need to up their game and sort themselves out ?

Scottish football has no intention of burying any hatchets. The only thing they wanted buried,and still want buried,is Rangers Football Club. This will become even more apparent as we grow stronger and the beloved Saint Brenda and Savco implode. Unlike the other riff Raff who boasted they could survive and prosper without us we really can prosper without burying any hatchets. Bridge building days should he well and truly over from a Rangers perspective we have tried that particular avenue even to the extent six years ago of issuing an apology. Let that sink in. WE apologised for being shafted by a charlatan then kicked and robbed almost into the grave by everyone and their dug. Sorry but again I'm not interested in hatchet burying and I don't give a flying fuck for anything or anyone in Scottish fitbaw other than The Rangers Football Club. 

10 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I know from a sensible head perspective it makes no sense whatsoever but to be frank I wish every Scottish club other than the famous nothing but misfortune in Europe and pray they are pumped out at the earliest opportunity. They all without exception attempted to kill my club and told us everything would be Eutopia without us therefore fuck the co efficient and fuck every other club in the SPFl.  Yes it makes it harder for us in the long term but I can live with that. Hoping Hivs are royally shafted and Savco pumped out the play offs. Am I allowed to repeat fuck the co efficient?

Agree.

They all saw an opportunity to take advantage of our situation in the short term without considering the long term consequences.

Whilst they might not have liked 2 clubs having a stranglehold on Scottish football they (perhaps unwittingly, but more likely in full knowledge) choose to hand all the power to one club for the foreseeable future.

Hell fucking mend them!

An almighty and sustained effort will be required to better the coefficient by all the teams who qualify and I cannot see it improving for a very long time, if at all.

The qualifying rounds for Europe offer a fantastic opportunity to progress and more importantly provides what are essentially pre season games with meaning.

I am quite happy for Rangers to start at the very beginning of a Euro campaign.

If we can’t progress to a meaningful stage then we dust ourselves down and look to improve, year on year.

If the others share the same view, great.

If not, fuck them.

21 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I don't think anyone wants the other teams to do well, I certainly don't, but I can see the upside of any results they may get.

54 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Scottish football has no intention of burying any hatchets. The only thing they wanted buried,and still want buried,is Rangers Football Club. This will become even more apparent as we grow stronger and the beloved Saint Brenda and Savco implode. Unlike the other riff Raff who boasted they could survive and prosper without us we really can prosper without burying any hatchets. Bridge building days should he well and truly over from a Rangers perspective we have tried that particular avenue even to the extent six years ago of issuing an apology. Let that sink in. WE apologised for being shafted by a charlatan then kicked and robbed almost into the grave by everyone and their dug. Sorry but again I'm not interested in hatchet burying and I don't give a flying fuck for anything or anyone in Scottish fitbaw other than The Rangers Football Club. 

While I can more or less agree to your position. I still think we need to be more clever. 

Take 2008 as an example. They deliberately and unashamedly sabotaged our league campaign. While we are able to get on without them 99 times out of 100. There will always be occasions where we need some sort of decent treatment. Zenit got nearly 3 weeks preperation for the UEFA cup final because their FA and their fellow clubs wanted them to win. Compare and contrast with us who had to play 3 games in 5 days or some shit. 

The trick is to have unity in the SFA and SPFL with us as the alpha male of the pack. 

17 hours ago, Brubear said:

I did a quick calculation and if all 3 teams still in Europe got into EL Groups and won a couple of games and a draw, even if none got to the knockout stage we would get around 33 points plus the .5 Aberdeen got divided by 4 gives us 8.375 for this year and 3.25 drops off from 13/14 we go from 18.625 to 23.75 by next year which puts us 18th, assuming everyone else stays at similar level. That doesn't make too much difference just less qualifiers, but if you do that 2 years we could be up to 13th or 14th after 2 years. It then becomes harder to keep improving but one of the advantage of the past 5 years being so crap each year a bad score drops off and we should be able to bring a better score in for the current year. I share your view on the tarriers but a great scenario would be for us both to be in the Groups as they would need to play Thurs/Sun like us but us making the knockout and them not. 

BruBear, you seem to be genuinely interested in the figures so this one is for you ?

I looked at what the Scottish teams would earn under the previous and new scoring system on the basis Aberdeen get pumped out the 2nd round, Hibs get pumped out in the play off round and if/had Rangers and celtic progressed to the Europa/Champions League and took half the points available. I worked out what the points scored would have been before  (25.250) and now (33.000) resulting in a factor of 1.307. It is reasonable to expect the 15th placed team's average score would then rise from 5.725 under the old system to 7.480 under the new.

Dropping the 5th year score every year, the 15th placed team would have an association coefficient of 33.310 after 4 years and Scotland would have a score of 33.125.

In the 5th year we would therefore benefit (in theory at least) from a 2nd team in the Champions League qualifiers.

Only problem i can see with all that is the little matter of SPL winners and runners up making the Champs League and Europa Group stages and each earning 6 points for four consecutive years!

Coefficients and all that shite would be as pointless and irrelevant as they are boring if the financial distribution was just logical and fair.

If a larger part of the prize money was just distrbuted across the different FAs and then down to all the clubs, there would be a greater number of competitive clubs from a greater number of countries able to compete at a viable level.

Even a finer balance between the CL and EL would relieve the pressure in the qualifying rounds and domestic leagues.

I'm a pinko commie bastard, I know.

2 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Coefficients and all that shite would be as pointless and irrelevant as they are boring if the financial distribution was just logical and fair.

If a larger part of the prize money was just distrbuted across the different FAs and then down to all the clubs, there would be a greater number of competitive clubs from a greater number of countries able to compete at a viable level.

Even a finer balance between the CL and EL would relieve the pressure in the qualifying rounds and domestic leagues.

I'm a pinko commie bastard, I know.

big money comes from big countries who will only benefit if their teams are actually playing 

anomaly is .assuming throughout UK where we all share the same broadcaster and pay the same subscription the Scottish fan is being ripped off again the same way we are with Sky were a pittance is paid back into our league for the games compared to the premiership 

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye, someone agreed with you that we WOULD beat hearts and we WOULD win the league ??

Like I said.....  :lol:

I'm  pretty close to making the same type of predition for this season,  although I think it's actually more possible this season ?

8 hours ago, beararse said:

BruBear, you seem to be genuinely interested in the figures so this one is for you ?

I looked at what the Scottish teams would earn under the previous and new scoring system on the basis Aberdeen get pumped out the 2nd round, Hibs get pumped out in the play off round and if/had Rangers and celtic progressed to the Europa/Champions League and took half the points available. I worked out what the points scored would have been before  (25.250) and now (33.000) resulting in a factor of 1.307. It is reasonable to expect the 15th placed team's average score would then rise from 5.725 under the old system to 7.480 under the new.

Dropping the 5th year score every year, the 15th placed team would have an association coefficient of 33.310 after 4 years and Scotland would have a score of 33.125.

In the 5th year we would therefore benefit (in theory at least) from a 2nd team in the Champions League qualifiers.

Only problem i can see with all that is the little matter of SPL winners and runners up making the Champs League and Europa Group stages and each earning 6 points for four consecutive years!

8 hours ago, beararse said:

What a post! That must have taken some time to calculate but it’s very interesting to see that. It’s a shame that the coefficient has been scuppered the past few years by pish teams and horrific displays. 

Onwards and upwards though and some more points courtesy of us tonight!