*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

I've never seen so much whining about two foul throws before I've suddenly appeared there. Fans of Moscow teams love to cry about refs but foul throws? OK, it happens, use your possession! 

Ref was just inconsistent. He didn't give a clear advantage of having the ball to us at 93 min.

It was more like 8 or 9 foul throws to be fair, is it a Russian thing or just a UFA thing. My school football team were better at them than yours for fuck sake.

2 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

I've never seen so much whining about two foul throws before I've suddenly appeared there. Fans of Moscow teams love to cry about refs but foul throws? OK, it happens, use your possession! 

Ref was just inconsistent. He didn't give a clear advantage of having the ball to us at 93 min.

I’m genuinely not whining but for a professional football team at THIS level to commit about 6 or 7 foul throws is utterly ludicrous. The referee only penalised 1 (?) but should have been many more. 

I was more just shocked that guys at that level of football were continuously doing it

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

It was more like 8 or 9 foil throws to be fair is it a Russian thing or a UFA thing my school football team where better at them than yours for fuck sake.

I don't know, they never make mistakes like that. It's our first european campaign, the lads were a little nervous. 

3 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

I only have 1 question. 

How much vodka have you drank today mate?

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

With that prick of a ref why does that not surprise me. :duh:

PS RFC Robertson said in an earlier reply it looked like a defo penalty and never mentioned any handball. 

The ref gave them a foul from outside their box. He clearly indicated it was for hand ball.

19 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

We had no centre forwards for 80 minutes. The first centre forward to come from the bench was Кротов (Krotov) #57. Our main centre forward is cup tied. 

Is Igboun not a striker? The boy on Twitter who writes on Russian football said he was your main striker.

Just now, philiprfc said:

Is Igboun not a striker? The boy on Twitter who writes on Russian football said he was your main striker.

He prefers false 9 role, well, he's not a player who could be used as a target-man. But he was our main striker for this game, where really he's an AM. 

17 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Thought we were pish tonight, worst performance under Gerrard IMO, but still won and apart from the end of the first half didn’t look under any pressure whatsoever.  Still 1-0 isn’t enough for over there we need a goal to settle things. 

Well if that’s the worst performance of a virgin manager and team we should all be happy given where we left of last season shouldn’t we? 

4 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

He prefers false 9 role, well, he's not a player who could be used as a target-man. But he was our main striker for this game, where really he's an AM. 

How did you think your team played tonight? 

Good defensively but how did you think you'll be at home ? Do you attack at home a lot?

Do teams struggle on your surface?

27 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Im up the back of the Broomloan and what I noticed was when  leaving tonight the atmosphere was a bit deflated compared to the Maribor game.

I'm sure it's because we just or only got a 1-0 win, I was expecting us to win by two or three and maybe a few others had the same thoughts and we did have a few chances, I'm still confident we will go through, actually think we will get a similar result over there.

The atmosphere was deflated compared to Maribor from before the game til after the final whistle. Don't understand why but it was.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The atmosphere was deflated compared to Maribor from before the game til after the final whistle. Don't understand why but it was.

I’m gonna blame nerves. Wasn’t the best game either to be honest 

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I’m gonna blame nerves. Wasn’t the best game either to be honest 

Aye, but Maribor have a bigger reputation, so I'd have thought we'd be more nervous for that.

I wonder if there was a sense of it not being as big a game or something. Such that the crowd wasn't as up for it. Hard to put a finger on it.

12 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

What do you make of your teams performance.

We're worse than previous season. We don't  really have much money so our transfer campaign is severely limited. And the departure of ex-head coach does not help much. 

Our previous manager was Sergei Semak who was recruited by Zenit, and it's a huge loss for the team. His assistant Sergei Tomarov is a local lad and he might do good but he is as experienced as Gerrard but he didn't have a career of world-class footballer. In fact, he never played Russian "league" football, only non-league. But he makes many mistakes here and there, with late substitutions and it seems that our quality  in opposite third significantly worsened. I don't know how to rate this performance in terms of this season because it's likely we will never be in Europa League after this season (at least for long time) because it's hard to qualify via Russian league. But in terms of previous season it's not a good performance. I didn't like how Zaseev #13 played. He's a lad who came all the long way from 3rd division to premier league and europa but that's about it. The manager seem to like him very much because they worked a lot together. Oblyakov is our top young talent but he wasn't there for the most of time. Vanek needed to come off the bench earlier... he's a lad who can create chances if he's fully fit. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Tempo was off from the start and that ruined any atmosphere. Too slow in building up play meant few real chances and little excitement. I assume Arfield was meant to dictate play but he seemed to be happy to let others do that job and while Jack is effective at breaking up play the quick forward pass is not his way.

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

Tempo was off from the start and that ruined any atmosphere. Too slow in building up play meant few real chances and little excitement. I assume Arfield was meant to dictate play but he seemed to be happy to let others do that job and while Jack is effective at breaking up play the quick forward pass is not his way.

The atmosphere wasn't as intense even before kick-off though. You could feel it. The crowd just wasn't as high as it had been v Maribor.

10 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Good defensively but how did you think you'll be at home ? Do you attack at home a lot?

The team does not like to attack. I think we'll wait for our chance until 75" and then go all in. 

The pitch is good, we have a harsh climate over there and it's difficult to maintain a grass pitch. The pich is 4th gen,  not bad. Your lads have to get used to it though, so it's kind of advantage.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

The atmosphere wasn't as intense even before kick-off though. You could feel it. The crowd just wasn't as high as it had been v Maribor.

I reckon a lot of us, including myself, thought we would breeze tonight and when we never scored early the atmosphere dropped. 

The gaffer was right in his post match interview though about the team waiting for the crowd to lift them instead of the other way round. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

I reckon a lot of us, including myself, thought we would breeze tonight and when we never scored early the atmosphere dropped. 

The gaffer was right in his post match interview though about the team waiting for the crowd to lift them instead of the other way round. 

As I say though, it wasn't just that it dropped, it was poorer from the build up. But that's what I'm saying, that I think it might be that we regarded it a lesser game than Maribor, so weren't as up for it.

He was right, yes. They need to learn that they'll have to do that sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Our whole game (and atmosphere) felt strangely off tonight. 

Ufa are/were shocking. Can't believe we never got more out of that tonight.

That's what Zenit, CSKA, Loko and other big boys say when they're coming to Ufa. We weren't that awful, rather organized. 

It's hard to play "your best football" against us, I've seen it many times and counting. It might be frustrating to watch but a local team is a local team. And fairly qualified though. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

True, maybe the traffic and parking problems didn’t,t help.Crowd seemed slow to come in and where I was people were still coming in in dries and drabs even 15 mins after kick off.

Archived