*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Said it earlier in the thread but I'm not seeing it (yet). Not going to write him off because he's only 18 and has three or four years to develop, but to me as things stand he looks like another gregg wylde. All pace and left foot, plays with his head down.

He looks better than that but some  comments in here prove how quick we are to judge, give this 18 year old boy time ffs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, miracle said:

What happened with the Russian who ran into the post at the end?  My stream cut out.

Got booked for cheating basically. Was lying down injured to time waste waiting for the treatment then got back up straight away. 

2 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

It just shows how many on here were underestimating this mob.  They are not great but solid and will be tougher over there.  Still think we may just edge it.

Mate they were not good at all, if the ref and linesmen weren’t completely incompetent and we were a bit more clinical we’d have been out of sight. They were blowing out their arses at 70 mins and can’t even rake throw-ins FFS.

Happy that there are no away goals but tonight was an opportunity missed.

Just back thought we were sluggish defo not that same intensity as the maribor game but even at this early stage playing Thursday and then Sunday every week will. Start to catch up. What a difference Middleton made when he came on as we then had someone who was happy to go and hit the byline. Ejaria had his best game so far and we looked fairly solid. 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Mate they were not good at all, if the ref and linesmen weren’t completely incompetent and we were a bit more clinical we’d have been out of sight. They were blowing out their arses at 70 mins and can’t even rake throw-ins FFS.

They were minging on the ball but hard to break down. We barely created a chance. 

Did the ref leave his yellow card in the ref room first half? 

Well organised those russian dogs but hopefully we can nick one over there and sit on it.

I was thinking I wonder what they could actually do when they aren't set up to defend all night no attack (bit concerned)

obviously got talent - from what we've seen in the other side of the pitch.

plus it's another dodgy surface, anyway mon the teddy bears 

They were well organised and disciplined at the back. Thought their back four were good all night. I do think it highlighted the need for someone in behind Morelos that can play that killer pass or do something special when a team sits in. I don’t think it helped that our wide men had an off night. Decent result though and something to go away and defend. We’ve come a long way in a short time when we are slightly disappointed at only leading 1 nil in the play off.

6 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

He looks better than that but some  comments in here prove how quick we are to judge, give this 18 year old boy time ffs

It was more a reaction to calls for him to be starting every week. I don't think he's shown anything to suggest he's ready for that, but at 18 I'm not expecting him to have.

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Have to disagree with saying they're not good (at all)

they were really well organised 

and we were actually decent moving it around so if you actually rate us, you'll appreciate they held most of everything we threw at them- basically IMO these guys aren't mugs 

really dont know a thing about this russians, however what i will say is they singlehandedly are probably the worst european team ive seen at ibrox in a very long time.

they literally had no interest whatsoever in attacking and were happy with the 1-0 loss.  that aside i thought bar keeping possession for the sake of it we had no real cutting edge and at times really struggled to break them down for most of the match which is worrying considering haw fucking awful they were.  a performance like that a week on sunday and we will get fucked.

thought jack was good tonight as was ejaria but we desperatley need an AMF to create chances.  

genuinely think next week will be a struggle and they must fancy their chances now but would be delighted with a 1-1 across their

Just now, RosscoRFC87 said:

Have to disagree with saying they're not good (at all)

they were really well organised 

and we were actually decent moving it around so if you actually rate us, you'll appreciate they held most of everything we threw at them- basically IMO these guys aren't mugs 

I don’t think they were well organised, not in the same category as Osijek anyway. Countless times I watched their positioning and shape and it wasn’t good, if we got the ball across from one side to the other quicker we’d have been in behind them so often.

Missed missed most of the game today because there was a very attractive woman sitting in front of me. Too busy trying to catch a cheeky, out of the corner of my eye glance. 

:love:

Only caught once, I think.

Getting clean sheets for fun is very very encouraging. Goldson MOTM

Notable praise the night for Ejaria, he actually didnae give it away much(once I think) and got it back first half - tidy passing. Fair play

someones had a word and said, here wrap they flicks and tricks for now

After the game tonight, "stuck" in traffic on PRW was a large van with some interesting paintwork. Basically it was Free Scotland, Yes 2 etc, etc.

I was wondering why it should happen to be in that particular place at that particular time.

Innocent Independence campaigner attacked by vile Rangers fans headline coming up perhaps?.

I didn't think they were that good. They defended with 11 men practically all night and any time they went forward, bar one chance right after we scored, they looked very ordinary.

We just never played that well however they need to attack us next week now and that suits us as they won't be in their comfort zone.  We are defending well just now too. 

I'm cautiously optimistic as we now have the experience going away from home to tough  and intimidating atmospheres.  Ufa based on what i've seen so far don't strike me as that type of team.

Archived