*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All things considered, being 90 minutes away from the group stages was a pipe dream at the start of the season. Would have bitten your hand off for this very scenario. 

After watching that tonight though, it's slightly annoying and very frustrating that we only won 1-0! The game over there should, hopefully be a more flowing game and we can go at them again. I've no doubt we';ll score over there too, so that should be enough! 

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Bit harsh to say they're no better than Progrès, just because they struggled against them doesn't make them shite, obviously I'd much prefer a bigger win than 1-0 but they came here to park the bus and if the referee wasn't pish we probably would have won 2 or 3-0.

They are shite, they have looked guff in the games so far. Progress were a minute away from going through.

i don't know how anyone could have watched the progress tie and that tonight and came away thinking Ufa are anything other than piss poor 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Win and a clean sheet.

9 competitive games now and not a single goal between the 5 behind Morelos tonight.

That’s the big concern going forward.

Kent Candeias and Lafferty only ones who tried shots from outside the box, once each, find that frustrating

3 minutes ago, miracle said:

If we get those two penalties I don't think anyone would be moaning about that performance.  

The 1st one I don't think was so clear cut but the challenge on Middleton was a definite. For the ref to give a hand ball against Lafferty was laffable

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

my first time really seeing him, confident and STRONG way beyond his 18 years.  Might even consider saving him for the taig game, their full-backs ain't great. 

He’s been pretty much the same in all the games Iv seen, pace strength technique!

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why are people using Progres result as some valid point for tonight's lacklustre performance? 

We should be comparing to the results and performances THIS season and it was not up to scratch, end of.

100% The team deserve credit for how things have turned around... Winning is all that matters but the standards that have been set we were below them tonight

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They are shite, they have looked guff in the games so far. Progress were a minute away from going through.

i don't know how anyone could have watched the progress tie and that tonight and came away thinking Ufa are anything other than piss poor 

A minute away from extra time 

Ufa are shite but we should've killed the tie tonight. It's only my 2nd euro game at ibrox and the atmosphere was different class but I would've preferred a decent goal cushion but onwards and upwards another win and another game the gaffer hasn't been behind. 55 here we come!!!

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Personally I would play Middleton ahead of a fully fit Murphy. Iam sorry, but the guy does nothing to excite me at all.

Can’t disagree that Murphy isn’t exciting, I can’t really say too much bad against him though because he does chip in with important stuff and works hard and is definitely capable.

But deffo would say there’s a huge shout for Middleton to start ahead of a fit Murphy, wouldn’t be any complaints for sure! 

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It's going to be tough over in central Russia. High temperatures, dodgy plastic pitch and a Ufa team that would batter the Motherwell hammer throwers into orbit. We absolutely need a goal - if we don't we will struggle, we aren't exactly banging them in away from in Europe.

we aren't exactly letting them in either mate in europe - can see a 0-0 or 1-1 over there

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I think they were a minute away from extra time but aye, hopefully it doesn't come back and bite me on the arse but Ufa are shite. They seem to be well organised at that back but they're not even streetwise. They can't take a proper throw in and can't even waste time properly by staying on the deck when they're feigning injury.

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Can’t disagree that Murphy isn’t exciting, I can’t really say too much bad against him though because he does chip in with important stuff and works hard and is definitely capable.

But deffo would say there’s a huge shout for Middleton to start ahead of a fit Murphy, wouldn’t be any complaints for sure! 

I'm sorry for what's happened to the lad but i don't think he is going to be the huge miss that folk are going on about. If im wrong i will hold my hands up.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

We didn’t concede people that’s the main thing,we will score over there.

remember we have come a long way in a very short space of time.

well done lads

this all day long....onwards and upwards

Archived