*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It was indeed mate and it was good to do so, maybe I will meet you before long as well and I will have a full house of BAs. :thumbsup:

Good stuff mate. I must admit I thought your offer of a meeting would be declined. I'm sure we can arrange something. Maybe even at the next home game v Dundee.  

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

We weren’t at it in an attacking intensity sense like we were against Maribor 

Perhaps because they defended well in numbers and frustrated us? I'm still sceptical if we have the quality in midfield to break down well organised defences. Thankfully In scotland this shouldn't be much of an issue as most teams are atrocious.

26 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just in a wee while ago and wondering if the two penalty claims looked as strong for people watching on TV/computer as they did seeing them in real time?

The referee was a wanker all night IMO.

Happened right beside us at Copland front. We all thought it was a definite penalty however the ref indicated it was a hand ball of Lafferty before putting Middleton through. Yes ref was a cunt with his decisions.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Frustrating tonight on the park, but brilliant in the Broomloan. The UB's have their critics, but the atmosphere was superb.

Bar the Broomloan I thought the atmosphere was pretty flat tbh , just never got going. 

15 minutes ago, Prince George said:

Happened right beside us at Copland front. We all thought it was a definite penalty however the ref indicated it was a hand ball of Lafferty before putting Middleton through. Yes ref was a cunt with his decisions.

Thanks mate, I did not know about the hand ball. 

Im up the back of the Broomloan and what I noticed was when  leaving tonight the atmosphere was a bit deflated compared to the Maribor game.

I'm sure it's because we just or only got a 1-0 win, I was expecting us to win by two or three and maybe a few others had the same thoughts and we did have a few chances, I'm still confident we will go through, actually think we will get a similar result over there.

32 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

One that had a centre forward that looked like John Daly and Kevin Kyle rolled into one 

We had no centre forwards for 80 minutes. The first centre forward to come from the bench was Кротов (Krotov) #57. Our main centre forward is cup tied. 

7 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Perhaps because they defended well in numbers and frustrated us? I'm still sceptical if we have the quality in midfield to break down well organised defences. Thankfully In scotland this shouldn't be much of an issue as most teams are atrocious.

Yeah you could be right mate ,100% agree that’s the one thing we still lack that player that can open up a defence , see a pass,unfortunately they cost , our midfield now are all excellent without the ball , work rate ,pressing ,fitness levels all absolutey brilliant , it’s just that wee lack of real quality once wee have it that may let us down , I’m coming away from the game giving Ejaria MOTM and rightly so but looking back nice touches but didn’t create anything or have a shot at goal , Gerrards no mug he knows exactly what it takes to get us to the top , I trust him fully and loved every minute of his reign so far 

Thought we were pish tonight, worst performance under Gerrard IMO, but still won and apart from the end of the first half didn’t look under any pressure whatsoever.  Still 1-0 isn’t enough for over there we need a goal to settle things. 

1 minute ago, MilkAndHoney said:

We had no centre forwards for 80 minutes. The first centre forward to come from the bench was Кротов (Krotov) #57. Our main centre forward is cup tied. 

Surely your not an Ufa fan ? 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Yeah you could be right mate ,100% agree that’s the one thing we still lack that player that can open up a defence , see a pass,unfortunately they cost , our midfield now are all excellent without the ball , work rate ,pressing ,fitness levels all absolutey brilliant , it’s just that wee lack of real quality once wee have it that may let us down , I’m coming away from the game giving Ejaria MOTM and rightly so but looking back nice touches but didn’t create anything or have a shot at goal , Gerrards no mug he knows exactly what it takes to get us to the top , I trust him fully and loved every minute of his reign so far 

Agreed 

3 minutes ago, Prince George said:

It did not look like a handball however would need to look back on video evidence.

With that prick of a ref why does that not surprise me. :duh:

PS RFC Robertson said in an earlier reply it looked like a defo penalty and never mentioned any handball. 

2 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Im up the back of the Broomloan and what I noticed was when  leaving tonight the atmosphere was a bit deflated compared to the Maribor game.

I'm sure it's because we just or only got a 1-0 win, I was expecting us to win by two or three and maybe a few others had the same thoughts and we did have a few chances, I'm still confident we will go through, actually think we will get a similar result over there.

Yeah think it was just because we've put in better performances and were all expecting another solid 7 or 8/10s all round. 

That Russians were fucking shite bags for their niggling fouls, foul throws, time wasting, and the ref let them get away with murder. Should have been a lot more yellow cards dished out to them and at the very least 1 of those pen claims should have stood. 

I imagine the atmosphere was a combination of high expectations not being entirely met and frustration for the opponents and officials performances too.

Turns out shite refereeing goes further than the SPFL 

I've never seen so much whining about two foul throws before I've suddenly appeared there. Fans of Moscow teams love to cry about refs but foul throws? OK, it happens, use your possession! 

Ref was just inconsistent. He didn't give a clear advantage of having the ball to us at 93 min.

Archived