*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

True, maybe the traffic and parking problems didn’t,t help.Crowd seemed slow to come in and where I was people were still coming in in dries and drabs even 15 mins after kick off.

Yeah, they did.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

As I say though, it wasn't just that it dropped, it was poorer from the build up. But that's what I'm saying, that I think it might be that we regarded it a lesser game than Maribor, so weren't as up for it.

He was right, yes. They need to learn that they'll have to do that sometimes.

Aye I know what ye mean I think we thought it was a given (the by we heard might of happened) 

ive said on another thread I reckon the gaffer and team will learn from these, slight, mistakes. 

If they they make these 'mistakes' in 1-0 wins ye cannae really grumble ??

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not a single one of them has been capped for the Russian main side. Czech player who has about 8 caps for a country that has done fuck all for years?

Ufa are poor.

Yet, here we are on a shaky 1 nil lead - they aren't mugs mate, it will be very  tough in Russia. The international teams you mentioned have either been in Euro finals (Romania in Euro 2016) or a side that have caused problems with Scotland (Georgia) - they have decent technical players, and it will be hard to get a result over there in high temperatures, a large time difference and a ropey plastic pitch. Not easy at all.

25 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

The team does not like to attack. I think we'll wait for our chance until 75" and then go all in. 

The pitch is good, we have a harsh climate over there and it's difficult to maintain a grass pitch. The pich is 4th gen,  not bad. Your lads have to get used to it though, so it's kind of advantage.

Fuck sake another astro pitch. 

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Did they really though? 

Two stonewall penalties denied, ref also blew up for a foul for nothing when we had a 2 on 1, Morelos missed a great chance in the first half. Could easily have been 4-0 tonight and we didn't even get out of first gear. Ufa wouldn't make top 5 in Scotland, in my honest opinion. 

I mean you can talk about penalties etc but we had so much of the ball (and territory) yet created about one clear cut chance apart from the goal.

And I wouldn't judge a team playing away from home, when there's a second leg to come. Remember us against Maribor? They dominated against us because we allowed it to happen. I think the Russians did the same tonight. They are no great shakes but they came for a 1-0 and got it with relative ease.

And I highly doubt a team who finishes 6th in Russia (out of 16, not 12 like our league), not far off Zenit, is finishing 6th or below in Scotland. No chance actually. You're literally saying the Scottish league is better than the Russian league by saying that.

While most teams traditionally prefer to play away from home first, if you play at home and keep a clean sheet it becomes a big advantage. 

It's much easier for limited teams to set up for a draw than it is for them to set up to win by a goal.. And it's more likely that they will need at least 3.

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

Aye, but Maribor have a bigger reputation, so I'd have thought we'd be more nervous for that.

I wonder if there was a sense of it not being as big a game or something. Such that the crowd wasn't as up for it. Hard to put a finger on it.

I’ve a feeling most fans thought we’d batter them. Was unlikely to be the case being an outfit that is strong defensively.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

I’ve a feeling most fans thought we’d batter them. Was unlikely to be the case being an outfit that is strong defensively.

We should have.

Not the greatest of performances from us. Tempo wasn't there and LBH, we should have put at least 3 past them if not for missed opportunities. 

All I'm going to say is I'm glad Lafferty is back and needs to start over there.

Was a bit of a strange game last night and the atmospere wasn't great tbh, felt more like a league game than anything. I was expecting it to be 1 or 2 nil to us so not surprised by the final result although another goal would have been nice.

Thought Ejaria and Jack were the best players on the park, defence was solid again which is good to see.

Going by that UFA performance and structure last night I still expect us to have a lot of the ball away from home, fingers crossed we can nick an away goal.

Thought we looked tired last night and are still short in certain areas of the pitch. Hopefully get another winger, centre back and midfielder in before the end of the transfer window.

15 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I love listening to these podcasts and more on Patreon.  Well worth the couple of quid imo:) 

Does anyone else listen to these guys?  

No as I’m sure they chase the blue pound.

Rangers Radio loyal ????

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

No as I’m sure they chase the blue pound.

Rangers Radio loyal ????

Love listening to Rangers Radio too.  I'm probably more bias for RR to be fair :love:

And not sure if that is fair comment on H&H. I still like the guys:) 

Different dimensions to both RR and H&H imo. 

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Love listening to Rangers Radio too.  I'm probably more bias for RR to be fair :love:

And not sure if that is fair comment on H&H. I still like the guys:) 

Different dimensions to both RR and H&H imo. 

If they want hard cash then they chase the blue pound IMO

When you going to call in ?

Archived