Rangers title number 55 is only a matter of time away as they're back on a level with celtic

The Dude

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , a lot of it is down to character . In teams gone by , it want only about losing games , far too often if we even lost a goal we'd struggle to get back into the game . But , yes , im confident that's a thing of the past and we'll just pick ourselves up and carry on . 

There was a comment from Rio Ferdinand (i think) over the weekend saying how at United under Fergie it was about winning games no matter what. When Moyes came in it was about not losing them no matter what. I think there's a similar thing happened at Ibrox in recent years. For too long we were too worried about not losing games rather than focusing on winning no matter what.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was a comment from Rio Ferdinand (i think) over the weekend saying how at United under Fergie it was about winning games no matter what. When Moyes came in it was about not losing them no matter what. I think there's a similar thing happened at Ibrox in recent years. For too long we were too worried about not losing games rather than focusing on winning no matter what.

Yeh , I can believe that , typifies SAF and why he was so successful .

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Since it's seemingly fine to post 'negative' stuff from the Record, I don't see why there would be any problem with posting positive stuff.

There should be NO links posted to the Rhetard.

I’m not an Admin, but if I was, I’d be giving a 2 week ban to anyone who does.

FFS I got a 2 week ban for telling a dick he was a Dick.

Just now, thebooler said:

There should be NO links posted to the Rhetard.

I’m not an Admin, but if I was, I’d be giving a 2 week ban to anyone who does.

FFS I got a 2 week ban for telling a dick he was a Dick.

If there's no links to the record allowed what will folk get offended by? Can't deprive them their daily rage posts.

The improvement in our team from last season is evident.  If this continues, I've no doubt we will be there or thereabouts.

The tims have probably stagnated, if not regressed.

Too early to predict who will win, but avoid defeat at their place and we will keep ticking along.  Defeat them, and their bottle will crash.

The turnaround from last season has been excellent. We have a sqaud now with a backbone and momentum. 

Our back line for the 1st time in years is better than the taigs. While they have also stagnated. 

If we continue to progress as we have we will be there abouts come the end of the season. 

Septic were never the irresistible force that many in the mhedia would have had us believe the truth is because the league has been so weak they had never been tested and that's always a dangerous position to be in .

The truth is In football however bad things seem you are only ever a few good appointments away from being  back in the game because their positivity and good habits will rub off on the ones who had been failing 

We will win more games this season because  we actually have two centre halves who are proper defenders,a good goalkeeper and Ryan Jack sitting in front of them which will make it hard for teams to beat us however do we have enough in midfield and up top to break teams down on a weekly basis?

At the moment I would call us a work in progress and 10 games into the league campaign would be a better time to evaluate our chances of a 55th title.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Anyone with even a passing interest in football should read his two books. A genuinely fascinating insight into what made his so successful.

His book on Leadership, which is based on his lectures to the Harvard MBA class, is the best football book I have ever read.

36 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Personally i'm not assuming Sept 2 is an acid test or watershed moment. I genuinely believe we will continue to improve and develop regardless of the outcome that day. For me Dec 29 is the date in the diary. We will know where we are in the league v them and victory on that day to whoever will make them champions! 

Like yourself , I think that where we are placed going into the New year ( and next transfer window ) will give us a better indication of the possibility of a title challenge this season . 

At this moment , I'm just enjoying the positive start we've made under SG and the fact that going to games has the feelgood factor now that has been sadly missing for too long recently . The improvements we have watched so far give me genuine hope that we can achieve something special under this management team and if it's close come the turn of the year then why not this season ?

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Personally i'm not assuming Sept 2 is an acid test or watershed moment. I genuinely believe we will continue to improve and develop regardless of the outcome that day. For me Dec 29 is the date in the diary. We will know where we are in the league v them and victory on that day to whoever will make them champions! 

I agree it's not an acid test and where we are after December 29th will be the biggest indication of a title challange.

But Sept 2nd is an opportunity to lay down a huge marker for the season.

If we can beat them on their own patch the momentum and confidence in the sqaud would sky rocket. 

It would further destablize this taig team and we know their fan base will go into complete meltdown at the 1st hint of a serious challange. 

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

it is £ 55 million and remember the CO-OP are looking for £ 15 million + with NO re-negotiation + possible claims from vicTIMS of paeodophilia , not looking good , HA-HA fucking HA

I think the CO-OP is £7m by June 2019.

Could be wrong though.

That’s a good article. I can’t see any reason to be so upset about a literate, intelligent Rangers fan producing positive articles about us in a national newspaper. It makes a change from all the complaints about the plethora of negative, biased articles.

All power to The Dude’s pen and I hope the team give him many more reasons to produce positive articles.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

That’s a good article. I can’t see any reason to be so upset about a literate, intelligent Rangers fan producing positive articles about us in a national newspaper. It makes a change from all the complaints about the plethora of negative, biased articles.

All power to The Dude’s pen and I hope the team give him many more reasons to produce positive articles.

Cheers mate.