Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

29 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Fair enough amigo. Some folk have now backed themselves into a intransigent corner. Stubbornly posting that big Laff is a rat or a cunt and its all a wee bit pathetic tbh.

I hope he scores 25 or 30 goals this season as it will mean we are looking at winning a trophy (hopefully the League).

Living with resentments is a dubious luxury for those that wish to do so...and it must be exhausting...

Well said mate. It's that type of behaviour that I'm talking about. People make mistakes in life, we all do. Sometimes we say or do things that in hindsight where the wrong thing. Footballers are no different. Everything that happened to us was due to the chairman and directors. The players where all casualties yet some people are too stupid and direct all their hatred towards guys like Lafferty and Naysmith. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rangerslion said:

Well said mate. It's that type of behaviour that I'm talking about. People make mistakes in life, we all do. Sometimes we say or do things that in hindsight where the wrong thing. Footballers are no different. Everything that happened to us was due to the chairman and directors. The players where all casualties yet some people are too stupid and direct all their hatred towards guys like Lafferty and Naysmith. 

Actually it was Kyle's son that was to blame for Kyle leaving. He said as much himself 

Should we direct our annoyance at the child mate?

3 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

Gonny spell his name correctly please?

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Actually it was Kyle's son that was to blame for Kyle leaving. He said as much himself 

Should we direct our annoyance at the child mate?

Naw you should just stop writing stupid shit online and backing yourself into a corner with your mongo posts. Your bitterness towards Lafferty already cost you since you don't watch your national team anymore. How fucking sad it that.

Just now, rangerslion said:

Naw you should just stop writing stupid shit online and backing yourself into a corner with your mongo posts. Your bitterness towards Lafferty already cost you since you don't watch your national team anymore. How fucking sad it that.

You seem very angry

I will have a think about what you said about blaming those that are actually to blame mate but I don't feel comfortable blaming a young child for something even if it is what Kyle wants.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry mate but let's agree to disagree .... your sentence was on a specific topic about KL and with all due respect, the "encouragement " aspect you have covertly introduced into the issue does not have anything to do with  team camaraderie.

To award someone for doing nothing is an absurd concept ..... and will never "encourage" anyone to improve themselves .... it would create the opposite situation .... certain failure.

I know you of old mate and tend to agree with a lot of what you post ..... but I have to agree to disagree on this one as I find it implausible .... no matter how you try to justify it.

:UK: 

? Wit? 

Covert? ? I made the point that I'd clap him whether he deserved it or not then explained it when challenged... by reference to 'encouragement', as you put it, for the greater good of the team... I.e. if he does well, the team are more likely to. That's kind of what fans are for.

I mean you can say you wouldn't do it yourself, but the logic that there can be purpose behind clapping someone that doesn't actually deserve it is undeniable. And to deny that a crowd getting behind players doesn't have a positive effect for the team is equally preposterous.

48 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It isn't opposite, as I've explained.

Let's for argument' s sake I think he doesn't deserve it cause he's a dick. I'd still clap him on in encouragement for the good of the team. 

You don't always get treated as you deserve, for various reasons. In this case the reason would be encouraging the player for the good of the team and the club.

THIS...all day long

I can't understand why this thread is still running, there's no point to it anymore, it's just embarrassing and childish now and has been for a while, please just lock the fucking thing, for the record I think Lafferty is a cunt but if he scores for Rangers I'll go mental as usual. 

25 minutes ago, Inigo said:

? Wit? 

Covert? ? I made the point that I'd clap him whether he deserved it or not then explained it when challenged... by reference to 'encouragement', as you put it, for the greater good of the team... I.e. if he does well, the team are more likely to. That's kind of what fans are for.

I mean you can say you wouldn't do it yourself, but the logic that there can be purpose behind clapping someone that doesn't actually deserve it is undeniable. And to deny that a crowd getting behind players doesn't have a positive effect for the team is equally preposterous.

Really mate? .... in what context? ..... I'm genuinely fucked if I know where you are travelling with this one now mate honestly .... as it started with one controversial individual (KL) and has now expanded to encompass the whole team .... Are you really OK mate?

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Really mate? .... in what context? ..... I'm genuinely fucked if I know where you are travelling with this one now mate honestly .... as it started with one controversial individual (KL) and has now expanded to encompass the whole team .... Are you really OK mate?

Is KL part of a team? Will KL doing well be good for that team? Are fans supposed to get behind players, collectively and individially, for the good of the team? Am I seriously having to explain this? Are you at the wind up? I think you must be. 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

What was actually going through the heads of stupid bastards standing applauding him on to the field last night right enough 

"We love you big man, you're from Ulster so it doesn't matter that you left us at our darkest hour and blamed your child for it. What a hero"

Maybe because they're wanting 55 - more than digging up festering pish 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

a/Is KL part of a team? b/ Will KL doing well be good for that team? c/ Are fans supposed to get behind players, collectively and individially, for the good of the team? d/ Am I seriously having to explain this? e/ Are you at the wind up? f/ I think you must be. 

a/ Yes ..... he is one part of the squad. 

b/ Yes ....  just like all the rest of the squad.

c/ Yes .... when they are on the pitch ... but not when they are doing nothing as you originally posted (this seems to be the sticking point for you).                                                                    

d/ Yes ..... as you have been moving the goalposts to suit your opinion .... which I have already said is fine and suggested we agree to disagree ... but you won't let go and keep coming back at different angles to somehow prove your point valid .... I disagree.

e/ No mate ... that's not my style.

f/ I'm sorry you feel that way ..... but I still don't see how all the above are linked with your original statement which was to do with Kyle Lafferty alone and how you would probably applaud him for doing nothing and no one else was involved or mentioned in your post ... what you inferred was for him alone. 

Would you in all honesty apportion the same consideration in your working life and applaud your fellow work colleagues for doing nothing? ..... I would find it hard to believe if your answer was in the affirmative.

It's Kyle Lafferty not Maradona we're talking about mate ...  he doesn't deserve this level of interest ... he is just another part of the puzzle SG is putting together ... I hope he proves to be the player we hope will help us regain our title, but he is only a small part of the larger plan .... definitely not the pivotal wonderkind a manager builds his team around ... he's just another brick in the wall. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

a/ Yes ..... he is one part of the squad. 

b/ Yes ....  just like all the rest of the squad.

c/ Yes .... when they are on the pitch ... but not when they are doing nothing as you originally posted (this seems to be the sticking point for you).                                                                    

d/ Yes ..... as you have been moving the goalposts to suit your opinion .... which I have already said is fine and suggested we agree to disagree ... but you won't let go and keep coming back at different angles to somehow prove your point valid .... I disagree.

e/ No mate ... that's not my style.

f/ I'm sorry you feel that way ..... but I still don't see how all the above are linked with your original statement which was to do with Kyle Lafferty alone and how you would probably applaud him for doing nothing and no one else was involved or mentioned in your post ... what you inferred was for him alone. 

Would you in all honesty apportion the same consideration in your working life and applaud your fellow work colleagues for doing nothing? ..... I would find it hard to believe if your answer was in the affirmative.

It's Kyle Lafferty not Maradona we're talking about mate ...  he doesn't deserve this level of interest ... he is just another part of the puzzle SG is putting together ... I hope he proves to be the player we hope will help us regain our title, but he is only a small part of the larger plan .... definitely not the pivotal wonderkind a manager builds his team around ... he's just another brick in the wall. 

Jesus. This is painful.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Jesus. This is painful.

❤️

Thanks mate I try to please .... but hold on, where's your magnanimity now? ... You're prepared to give KL all the praise in the world for doing absolutely nothing ... yet in my case (some random on the internet).... you throw nothing but scorn my way, when all I have tried to do is to point you in the right direction and show just how ludicrous it is to apportion credit to Kyle Lafferty (or any other player in the world) where it is never in a million years due ....  yet.

Ach well it's nice to know where you stand and so glad you agree to disagree now .... phew! eventually .... :p:

Archived