Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

We have spent roughly £5 million on lafferty during his two spells. Not including wages and for me his contribution the first time wasn't worth that and his failure to help us get anything back for him and his media comments etc should have seen him no where near us again.

While he's on the pitch for us he will get my backing as he's playing for the club we all love but Kyle Lafferty has a lot to do to win us over.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, badjon said:

You are bang out of order with that comment. Many on here attend all the bloody time, many don't be it distance and cost or putting the likes of living etc above attending in person. I have used both this forum and indeed FF( 10 years ago before anyone jumps on that comment! ) for many years as a way of interacting, albeit via the internet, with fellow fans of Rangers, and as have many have actually met fellow fans that I would never have encountered via ticket pick ups and so on. That you then call the people who frequent a board ostensibly aimed at fan interaction and discussions member's dregs of society is nonsense, you appear not to understand how discussion and so on works. We can post and discuss things, all manner of things, FFS if you walked in to a Rangers pub and did not like the messages and views of the regulars you would not go back, but heh this is the web so you so can log out. Up to you..

???

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

You, of course, are  entitled to you views bur so is everyone else who posts on here. I'm going to be honest I didn't want Lafferty back, not least because of the way he left but also the things he said and did afterwards.  Here's here now and I will support him because he's wearing the jersey but fck lauding him like a hero. I was astounded last night when the crowd were cheering him like he's messi. He hasn't earned it yet and although I think he's matured and will improve the team he has a long way to go IMO to get a standing ovation. Obviously I'm in the minority but it is laughable that only last season he was being boo'd every time he touched the ball. Short memories indeed.

On your other point I post online, as do you, and I have a good job and pay my way in society. I really take offence about being called a dreg because I don't share the same opinion as you.

???

Well said Jinty & Jon.

:UK:

The amount of abuse directed towards our own players, ex players and anything Rangers related on this site is fucking horrendous. This site is by far the most anti-Rangers Rangers site available to any bears looking for up to date information. 

Its infested with a handful of people who comment non stop on every thread where they try and sway you opinion. Which has totally ruined the Rangers Media experience. These same people on here think their opinions hold some sort of weight and try to say the most outrageous comments, where they try and push these warped views that hard this place is now nothing more than a cesspit of shite that's so far from the opinion of most Rangers fans. Yet the same people will be celebrating like the rest of us when someone like Lafferty (for example) scores. 

3 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

The amount of abuse directed towards our own players, ex players and anything Rangers related on this site is fucking horrendous. This site is by far the most anti-Rangers Rangers site available to any bears looking for up to date information. 

Its infested with a handful of people who comment non stop on every thread where they try and sway you opinion. Which has totally ruined the Rangers Media experience. These same people on here think their opinions hold some sort of weight and try to say the most outrageous comments, where they try and push these warped views that hard this place is now nothing more than a cesspit of shite that's so far from the opinion of most Rangers fans. Yet the same people will be celebrating like the rest of us when someone like Lafferty (for example) scores. 

Obviously ya fucking numpty.

On 23/08/2018 at 11:05, Blue Is The Only Colour said:

I agree with your comments.

Would it not also have been the case that if all players had TUPED  over and were transferred later the money would have found its way into

Green's back pocket or some of the other vultures who asset stripped our club at the time ?

Did you lift that shite off of followfollow ffs, who asset stripped the club of millions, green and co paid themselves handsomely no one will deny but every penny was accounted for from their era, had the rats stayed and been sold for money theres no way the board would have nicked it, they couldnt have ffs

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did you lift that shite off of followfollow ffs, who asset stripped the club of millions, green and co paid themselves handsomely no one will deny but every penny was accounted for from their era, had the rats stayed and been sold for money theres no way the board would have nicked it, they couldnt have ffs

Not sticking up for them but every possibility the SFA would have, didn't they do that with Davis?

1 hour ago, rangerslion said:

You're a fucking idiot

2 hours ago, BillySastard said:

I apologised about that comment. I was a bit pissed off that when Kenny Miller joined the tarriers and celebrated wildly when he scored against us we had no problem when he came back, but Lafferty, who was very muted when he scored against us had comments hoping he dies?!

Utter pish, Kenny Miller did not come back to a standing ovation and a song

What was actually going through the heads of stupid bastards standing applauding him on to the field last night right enough 

"We love you big man, you're from Ulster so it doesn't matter that you left us at our darkest hour and blamed your child for it. What a hero"

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

What was actually going through the heads of stupid bastards standing applauding him on to the field last night right enough 

"We love you big man, you're from Ulster so it doesn't matter that you left us at our darkest hour and blamed your child for it. What a hero"

Probably. Except the bit about his child, cause he didn't say that.

Just now, Inigo said:

Probably. Except the bit about his child, cause he didn't say that.

Aye he did. He said he would have left the club anyway even if shit hadn't hit the fan as Glasgow had took its toll on him and he didn't want to raise his child in it. Shitebag liar

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye he did. He said he would have left the club anyway even if shit hadn't hit the fan as Glasgow had took its toll on him and he didn't want to raise his child in it. Shitebag liar

So he didn't say he left because of his child. He said he would have left because of his child,  i.e. if he hadn't left for other reasons. Ergo he didn't say he left because of his child.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

So he didn't say he left because of his child. He said he would have left because of his child,  i.e. if he hadn't left for other reasons. Ergo he didn't say he left because of his child.

No he said it was literally because of his child. He said he was always for leaving because of his child, regardless of any other reason.

It doesn't matter anyway as we all know he left because he isn't a Rangers man and values himself and money ahead of the club. Now he's back because he loves the limelight 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

No he said it was literally because of his child. He said he was always for leaving because of his child, regardless of any other reason.

It doesn't matter anyway as we all know he left because he isn't a Rangers man and values himself and money ahead of the club. Now he's back because he loves the limelight 

He literally didn't. He said he 'would have' left for that reason anyway, which means he didn't leave for that reason. If he had left for that reason it would have been under circumstances where he wouldn't have been leaving for the reasons he did leave and we'd have been paid for him.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Appeasement.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

He literally didn't. He said he 'would have' left for that reason anyway, which means he didn't leave for that reason. If he had left for that reason it would have been under circumstances where he wouldn't have been leaving for the reasons he did leave and we'd have been paid for him.

So you agree he left because he doesn't care about Rangers and doesn't deserve any sort of applause?

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Let it go he's signed now, I can remember being angry when Souness left us in the lurch i called him a wanker/traitor now people view him as some messiah as you will soon do with Lafferty walk into the light, my friend.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Let it go he's signed now, I can remember being angry when Souness left us in the lurch i called him a wanker/traitor now people view him as some messiah as you will soon do with Lafferty walk into the light, my friend.

I have said I will back him when he's here but I doubt there's any light for me concerning him mate. He put me off supporting my country so I can't see any hope of me thinking he's some sort of hero any time soon :lol:

1 hour ago, rangerslion said:

Well said mate. Spot on?

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

So you agree he left because he doesn't care about Rangers and doesn't deserve any sort of applause?

Don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Probably more complicated than black and white.

I'd probably still applaud him even if he didn't deserve it though. Not for his sake, but for the team's.

Just now, Inigo said:

Don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Probably more complicated than black and white.

I'd probably still applaud him if he didn't deserve it though. Not for his sake, but for the team's.

:lol:

Mate did you fall and hit your head last night or something? Some of your posts in the last 12 hours have been bizarre 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I have said I will back him when he's here but I doubt there's any light for me concerning him mate. He put me off supporting my country so I can't see any hope of me thinking he's some sort of hero any time soon :lol:

A hat-trick against the scum might go some distance towards it.

Look the past has happened and no one has the ability to change the past. He said he regrets it and wants to make amends to "redeem himself and put things right". It's what he does now that matters and I know many will back him like he never left while others still can't stand him but he's still our player now and if he is backed and doing well then the team stands a better chance of doing well.

Now that doesn't mean he should have been given a standing ovation and a song belted out straight away, thats the one part I didn't agree with. Applaud him for good play, cheer when he scores and over time he can work himself back into our good books with good performances, goals and assists.

However, there is no point on dwelling on what happened. He can't change it and we can't change it. Much in the same way the manager has decided to buy him and put his trust in him to deliver the goods and we can't change that either.

I'm trying to view him with a clean slate, not swayed by the past nor swept away in euphoria of his return (which I really can't understand.....fine be happy we've signed a player you reckon will do well but FFS its not Aguero we've fucking signed!). I'll judge him on his performances from now.

Archived