Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Mate did you fall and hit your head last night or something? Some of your posts in the last 12 hours have been bizarre 

What's bizarre about that?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FSM said:

I was in the east enclosure last night and every time he came out to warm up he got a thunderous applause, not a single boo. Real Rangers fans (not the ones on RM) love big K-Laff.

as I posted the other night there is the real world then there is football forums

2 hours ago, rangerslion said:

The amount of abuse directed towards our own players, ex players and anything Rangers related on this site is fucking horrendous. This site is by far the most anti-Rangers Rangers site available to any bears looking for up to date information. 

Its infested with a handful of people who comment non stop on every thread where they try and sway you opinion. Which has totally ruined the Rangers Media experience. These same people on here think their opinions hold some sort of weight and try to say the most outrageous comments, where they try and push these warped views that hard this place is now nothing more than a cesspit of shite that's so far from the opinion of most Rangers fans. Yet the same people will be celebrating like the rest of us when someone like Lafferty (for example) scores. 

You know where the door is, don’t let it hit you on the arse. 

55 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

A hat-trick against the scum might go some distance towards it.

Look the past has happened and no one has the ability to change the past. He said he regrets it and wants to make amends to "redeem himself and put things right". It's what he does now that matters and I know many will back him like he never left while others still can't stand him but he's still our player now and if he is backed and doing well then the team stands a better chance of doing well.

Now that doesn't mean he should have been given a standing ovation and a song belted out straight away, thats the one part I didn't agree with. Applaud him for good play, cheer when he scores and over time he can work himself back into our good books with good performances, goals and assists.

However, there is no point on dwelling on what happened. He can't change it and we can't change it. Much in the same way the manager has decided to buy him and put his trust in him to deliver the goods and we can't change that either.

I'm trying to view him with a clean slate, not swayed by the past nor swept away in euphoria of his return (which I really can't understand.....fine be happy we've signed a player you reckon will do well but FFS its not Aguero we've fucking signed!). I'll judge him on his performances from now.

He shouldnt get a clean slate though, imo he has to work even harder than others to ein our affection now, last night a song after what? 2mins, brutal, its like we've forgot about him shafting us

55 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Probably more complicated than black and white.

I'd probably still applaud him even if he didn't deserve it though. Not for his sake, but for the team's.

58 minutes ago, Inigo said:

What's bizarre about that?

Oh! dear Inigo ..... In what context does someone feel it acceptable to applaud a person who doesn't deserve it ? .... I've heard of fair play, but that line takes it into the realms of that other mythical concept  .... "sporting integrity"...... :p:

Are you OK mate?

:UK:

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Oh! dear Inigo ..... In what context does someone feel it acceptable to applaud a person who doesn't deserve it ? .... I've heard of fair play, but that line takes it into the realms of that other mythical concept  .... "sporting integrity"...... :p:

Are you OK mate?

If he's coming on the pitch, it's likely to boost a player being given a rapturous welcome, than entering to disapproving silence. In which case I'd be clapping him on even when he didn't deserve it. Same goes with when he's on the pitch. Pretty standard stuff, really. 

3 hours ago, rangerslion said:

The amount of abuse directed towards our own players, ex players and anything Rangers related on this site is fucking horrendous. This site is by far the most anti-Rangers Rangers site available to any bears looking for up to date information. 

Its infested with a handful of people who comment non stop on every thread where they try and sway you opinion. Which has totally ruined the Rangers Media experience. These same people on here think their opinions hold some sort of weight and try to say the most outrageous comments, where they try and push these warped views that hard this place is now nothing more than a cesspit of shite that's so far from the opinion of most Rangers fans. Yet the same people will be celebrating like the rest of us when someone like Lafferty (for example) scores. 

I know I wish everyone just had the same opinion and if they didn't get got banned!

Whether you like it or not, some fans are stubborn and don't forget. 

What really fucks me off about the Lafferty situation is how fans who disagree with those who still don't like him, or McGregor, are so annoyed by it. Yet they would have been the same people booing, or giving him verbals when he played at Ibrox with Hearts. 

Everyone understood that point of view over the last few years. But now it seems like you can't have that opinion, that literally every Rangers fan used to have. So forgive me for not being a hypocrite.

I can only speak for myself, but I'll back Lafferty in a Rangers shirt, I won't 'abuse' him or boo him. But I don't need to like or be delighted he's back. Nor do I need to forget what he did. 

So do me a favour and cut out the uber fan shite. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You're a fucking idiot

I'd be surprised if you, or any of the other mongos that peddle your anti-Rangers pish on here have ever been to Ibrox. I hope Rangers sign Naysmith as well, just so cunts like you have a mental breakdown online.

2 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

I'd be surprised if you, or any of the other mongos that peddle your anti-Rangers pish on here have ever been to Ibrox. I hope Rangers sign Naysmith as well, just so cunts like you have a mental breakdown online.

I hope if Naismith hopefully gets his career ended at Ibrox you're in tears while the rest of us cheer

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I hope if Naismith hopefully gets his career ended at Ibrox you're in tears while the rest of us cheer

Would that be the same cunts that cheered when Lafferty came on last night? I didn't hear a single boo so sit down and shut the fuck up.

10 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

Expand on that

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

That was you and the echo/reverb from the roof mate..

I didn't boo and i certainly didn't applaud the cunt onto the pitch, i just looked around rather bewildered and bemused by the reception then my anger built as the song got underway. When it quietened down i heard some sort of derogatory remark being shouted towards Lafferty then "fucking booooooo"

My inside anger lifted into a state of amusement at the bold yin letting himself be heard, good on him:lol:

55 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If he's coming on the pitch, it's likely to boost a player being given a rapturous welcome, than entering to disapproving silence. In which case I'd be clapping him on even when he didn't deserve it. Same goes with when he's on the pitch. Pretty standard stuff, really. 

Oh! right?, fair dues mate .... It is pretty standard to clap in anticipation an oncoming player, hoping he will do the business and to generally applaud the player coming off for his performance (if warranted)   ..... but it's still actually the complete opposite of  "I'd probably still applaud him even if he didn't deserve it though".

If he didn't deserve it why would you applaud him if you knew this .... that's the bit I find puzzling mate .... catch my drift?

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

Oh! right?, fair dues mate .... It is pretty standard to clap in anticipation an oncoming player, hoping he will do the business and to generally applaud the player coming off for his performance   ..... but it's still actually the complete opposite of  "I'd probably still applaud him even if he didn't deserve it though".

If he didn't deserve it why would you applaud him if you knew this .... that's the bit I find puzzling mate .... catch my drift?

It isn't opposite, as I've explained.

Let's for argument' s sake I think he doesn't deserve it cause he's a dick. I'd still clap him on in encouragement for the good of the team. 

You don't always get treated as you deserve, for various reasons. In this case the reason would be encouraging the player for the good of the team and the club.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I didn't boo and i certainly didn't applaud the cunt onto the pitch, i just looked around rather bewildered and bemused by the reception then my anger built as the song got underway. When it quietened down i heard some sort of derogatory remark being shouted towards Lafferty then "fucking booooooo"

My inside anger lifted into a state of amusement at the bold yin letting himself be heard, good on him:lol:

Fair enough amigo. Some folk have now backed themselves into a intransigent corner. Stubbornly posting that big Laff is a rat or a cunt and its all a wee bit pathetic tbh.

I hope he scores 25 or 30 goals this season as it will mean we are looking at winning a trophy (hopefully the League).

Living with resentments is a dubious luxury for those that wish to do so...and it must be exhausting...

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I hope he scores 25 or 30 goals this season as it will mean we are looking at winning a trophy (hopefully the League).

This:tu:

I won't stand and wilfully applaud them as their names get read out etc but i won't be calling them silly names if they are out there trying their best to end the beggars domination.

I will always have a bit of resentment for shit that happened back then but i will never let it consume me to the point i am obsessively sitting in threads writing shite and liking everybody who writes similar shite, It's beyond pathetic and I write enough shite anyway:lol:

8 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Fair enough amigo. Some folk have now backed themselves into a intransigent corner. Stubbornly posting that big Laff is a rat or a cunt and its all a wee bit pathetic tbh.

Living with resentments is a dubious luxury for those that wish to do so...and it must be exhausting...

New tattoo idea?

39 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

Putting traitors before the club. Sad bastard 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It isn't opposite, as I've explained.

Let's for argument' s sake I think he doesn't deserve it cause he's a dick. I'd still clap him on in encouragement for the good of the team. 

You don't always get treated as you deserve, for various reasons. In this case the reason would be encouraging the player for the good of the team and the club.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry mate but let's agree to disagree .... your sentence was on a specific topic about KL and with all due respect, the "encouragement " aspect you have covertly introduced into the issue does not have anything to do with  team camaraderie.

To award someone for doing nothing is an absurd concept ..... and will never "encourage" anyone to improve themselves .... it would create the opposite situation .... certain failure.

I know you of old mate and tend to agree with a lot of what you post ..... but I have to agree to disagree on this one as I find it implausible .... no matter how you try to justify it.

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Putting traitors before the club. Sad bastard 

You need to let it go pal, instead of making yourself look like the type of cunt that's still stalking your ex on Facebook 6 years after she dumped you.

Archived