Kent

eosmhdo

His delivery from corners is excellent but from open play he really offers nothing going forward.  He seems to run in to defenders and tonight was tripping over the ball during the first half.  I appreciate that he puts in a solid defensive shift but we need a guy who can create and score goals from that wide area.  I live in hope that we get a bit of quality on loan from the EPL before the window shuts.  

Couldn't agree more with the OP.  He works hard (cant fault him there) ,, has the pace and is direct but lacks the situational awareness or skill to provide anything meaningful to his end game.  At times just runs aroon like a headless chicken.  I know its early but cant see him being a big player for us tbh.  Its probably that old thing the Manager brought him in and as one of his own ,, is maybe more wanting him to do well rather than admit he aint.

Middleton in what I have seen so far ,, seems a lot more dangerous and gets the ball into the box far quicker than Kent.  Something that could well pay off this season now with a big target man like Lafferty in that box.

I was actually screaming at the screen before the second half even started to either bring on Middleton or even Lafferty down than left instead of him.

Time will tell I guess,,, but in the OF I think I would rather play Lafferty down the left to start with.  

Apparently he can take corners/free kicks with either foot? Strange he has that in his locker as he doesn't look like scoring at all from distance. 

That being said he's a decent option in my opinion, good pace and energy. Could be wrong but I think he'll keep improving with games. 

1 hour ago, stevotrueblue said:

Middleton in what I have seen so far ,, seems a lot more dangerous and gets the ball into the box far quicker than Kent.  Something that could well pay off this season now with a big target man like Lafferty in that box.

If you want the exact same from Kent as you get from Middleton then you just play Kent on the right hand side as he is predominantly right footed and he can run to the byline and put crosses in, with him playing on the left he wants to cut inside and play on his stronger foot that can be an advantage at times as it creates space out wide but when you have a right footed left back like Flanno you don't see the benefit of it.

I know it won't be this window but I think we still need a number 10 someone who is more creative than we have at this present time. And we definitely need two wingers as and I include Jamie Murphy in this I do not think our wide men are good enough or consistent enough that's just my opinion and I think if we go with what we have for the rest of the season we might struggle.

The fact he wants to cut inside on to his right all the time makes me wonder if we'd be better trying him on the right wing. I wouldn't mind seeing that with Middleton getting a full game on the left side.

Candeias was brutal last night so wouldn't be too bothered about dropping him to allow this.

Frustrating player imo.Has the speed and energy to hurt teams but rarely produces an end result that leads to a goal or even an attempt at goal.

He might improve with more game time but for now I'm not entirely convinced he's good enough for Rangers.