Gerrard's Eyes

17 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

3827685-_Read-Only_.thumb.jpg.32fd7a495da9056e46a8c4e529179876.jpg

image.thumb.png.13994d2878d1df1047d598f50c5ce8f4.png.5986fe56ac4ff32ad37b5d74df1dea7e.png

What I've done is I've used fractal interlacing techniques built on a 3D HD polyhedron model to transfer a portion of Gerrard's facial features onto Smiths and from Smith's onto Gerrards.

1729113078_3827685-_Read-Only_-Copy.thumb.jpg.9b8e11c386c5fb3b3ad7a95ae47be605.jpg1150289658_image.thumb.png.13994d2878d1df1047d598f50c5ce8f4-Copy.png.bf66b12a8f5c20f1268de5be14039891.png

you used photoshop :mutley:

can we see ally's eyes just as the ball skelped his bare arse

Seems to me that as in pretty much most of professional life,  maybe more so at managerial and senior exec levels, there are plenty who look but don't really see well enough or often enough.  And compensate by trying to learn and fumble about in processes and theories and latest fads and so on.  They have their moments.  But moments are all they are.   They don't make consistently top quality decisions or lead their teams to consistently top-quality performances.

And there are some who see not just with the eye but with the mind's eye.  And in seeing there is a perception, an awareness, a knowledge, an insight that cannot be taught.  And for the lesser managerial mortals no amount of effort by those who do not have that gift will ever get them to anywhere near the same levels as those who - like SG - do have that gift.    They best they do is huff and puff and try to con their way to success as effective managers.  Just look at Warburton, Pedro, Murty and McCoist - yes even McCoist - for recent prime examples. 

It seems to me Gerrard sees (and 'knows') with his mind's eye and that is a powerful gift to have as a football manager.   As he learns to translate that and his undoubted leadership skill into decisive and effective action I reckon he will become a football manager of the highest order.   I just hope the Club can give him all the backing that's needed for him to do a truly great job at Rangers before some cheque-wielding big foreign or English Club makes a move to entice him away.     

8 minutes ago, GM63 said:

Shouldn’t that be the lovely colour of blue that James Cameron adorned them with in Avatar.

Funny you should say that, James and I use the same techniques. I also don't think I'm going too far by saying he learned a lot from me...