Gerrard from Day One

Callum_Doon

8 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

First manager I have related to when listening to him since Walter! The rest of the chancers that have managed our great club isnt even worth thinking about! I actually was worrying about the appointment at first but the gaffer and his backroom team have been spot on so far.

Such a different world all of a sudden!

In May there was a thread about our expectations for Gerrard's first season. I didn't make any predictions about trophies, but at the time I said I was hoping for this:

Winning long sequences of league games becoming a habit, not a surprise

Playing without fear

A team that never looks like it has accepted defeat

Wiping the smile off Brenda's face

SG and GMc are delivering so far, long may it continue! :rangers:

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Cool.

Remember the story went his mum dug it out the attic but it came out who it was can't recall who though, atleast theres no pic of him in a terrier top and we all know what top his kids will wear apart from liverpool hes one of us now

On 25/08/2018 at 02:38, Callum_Doon said:

Soon as son, his mates and myself became aware of this, for the first time that night...

'Do you not think he actually gets this... ? ...look at him...'.

Screenshot_20180825-023718.png

Don't you know how to crop a screenshot?

On 25/08/2018 at 08:06, Courtyard Bear said:

The man is steeped in football it’s his life from sun up to sun down and he probably dreams about tactics. 

When you have a man like that then mix him with our history or ethos, he gets it alright. 

Love the man he has given us and the club our pride back. 

I'm ashamed to say I was raging when I heard he was coming to us. I thought we needed an experienced manager that people had actually heard of!! Not a rookie manager who was great as a player but hadnt even managed a senior team. He has made me eat my words! I'm so proud to have him as our manager and I know it's early days but, as you said, he's given us pride and hope. I genuinely hope he delivers us to 55. 

26 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I'm ashamed to say I was raging when I heard he was coming to us. I thought we needed an experienced manager that people had actually heard of!! Not a rookie manager who was great as a player but hadnt even managed a senior team. He has made me eat my words! I'm so proud to have him as our manager and I know it's early days but, as you said, he's given us pride and hope. I genuinely hope he delivers us to 55. 

I’m his biggest fan as I have a soft spot for Liverpool, but even I thought at first it as a disaster waiting to happen. 

Cant be more pleased that he’s proved me wrong, and that we look like we finally a footballer manager. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’m his biggest fan as I have a soft spot for Liverpool, but even I thought at first it as a disaster waiting to happen. 

Cant be more pleased that he’s proved me wrong, and that we look like we finally have a footballer manager. 

Scary stuff, mate...

1971DB1B000005DC-0-image-m-26_1434990222143.jpg

12 hours ago, Bonus said:

Remember the story went his mum dug it out the attic but it came out who it was can't recall who though, atleast theres no pic of him in a terrier top and we all know what top his kids will wear apart from liverpool hes one of us now

Don't remember the story that it's not him. Must have missed that. Actually, im just convincing myself it is him to be honest! Definitely no chance of him bein in tarrier tops as a boy tho. They were too Liverpool for anyone else as a family.

The beggars were sure he was them which is an added twist.

I think Gerrard and his values as a human and an actual person suit us perfectly as a club. 

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Cant be more pleased that he’s proved me wrong, and that we look like we finally a footballer manager. 

Yet remarkably he’s cost us four pints because of his substitutions eh? Make your mind up! 

For the record I apologise - you did criticise him post Aberdeen. 

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Yet remarkably he’s cost us four pints because of his substitutions eh? Make your mind up! 

Cost me one pint dropped on the floor when that late one went in...?

8 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Aye he’s made mistakes so did Souness and don’t even get me started on Walter. Doesn’t mean he won’t be a great manager    

To be honest mate you more or less called me a liar, so you can shove your apology. 

I fucking Love Gerrard. Not to say that he isn't above criticism, but he is the best thing to happen to this football club in donkeys years. He will take us back to the top. I wouldnt swap Gerrard with any other manager in the game. You can keep your mourinhos and guardiolas. I will have Stevie G any day of the week thanks

We are 1 point behind the tarriers, who, on paper, have had 2 easy home games out the 3 played so far, the other they lost v Hearts. The 2 home games they have hardly set the heather on fire. We have had 2 very tough away fixtures in Aberdeen and Motherwell and a home fixture against renowned Rangers haters StMidden and the elephant man.