Gerrard from Day One

Callum_Doon

16 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are 1 point behind the tarriers, who, on paper, have had 2 easy home games out the 3 played so far, the other they lost v Hearts. The 2 home games they have hardly set the heather on fire. We have had 2 very tough away fixtures in Aberdeen and Motherwell and a home fixture against renowned Rangers haters StMidden and the elephant man.

It's a good point. And they have a group of players used to playing together and used to the Scottish league against the "hoof the ball" diddy teams. Compare to our lads who are still bedding in, getting used to each other and (in most cases) have no prior experience of the aggressive, antagonistic SPL opposition who treat Rangers like a cup final every time. 

We've made progress. We are getting there. Gerrard is the man.

14 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

It's a good point. And they have a group of players used to playing together and used to the Scottish league against the "hoof the ball" diddy teams. Compare to our lads who are still bedding in, getting used to each other and (in most cases) have no prior experience of the aggressive, antagonistic SPL opposition who treat Rangers like a cup final every time. 

We've made progress. We are getting there. Gerrard is the man.

We live in a very unique country football wise. The last 2 games SG and the players have received criticism, and quite rightly so. In any other footballing environment a 1-0 win at home in Europe and a 3-3 draw away to a well known difficult opponent would be viewed as success.

7 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We live in a very unique country football wise. The last 2 games SG and the players have received criticism, and quite rightly so. In any other footballing environment a 1-0 win at home in Europe and a 3-3 draw away to a well known difficult opponent would be viewed as success.

I know mate. Always been that way. I think every Bear can see the progress and so we naturally we want the results without delay. But realistically, a steady consistent closing of the gap will do the job.

52 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I know mate. Always been that way. I think every Bear can see the progress and so we naturally we want the results without delay. But realistically, a steady consistent closing of the gap will do the job.

A bit of common sense on the forum, that will not do, it will not do at all ha ha

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are 1 point behind the tarriers, who, on paper, have had 2 easy home games out the 3 played so far, the other they lost v Hearts. The 2 home games they have hardly set the heather on fire. We have had 2 very tough away fixtures in Aberdeen and Motherwell and a home fixture against renowned Rangers haters StMidden and the elephant man.

The worry is that we see ourselves cut too far adrift early on yet again with 4 points having been dropped already

Based on the improvement we've seen I don't believe that should happen but fact is there's limited margin for error if we want to win the league or seriously challenge for it

We are making progress and that is all we can expect.SG needs at least 2 more windows to establish a team that can win the league.It is an ongoing process where we bring in players some who will succeed and some who will fall by the way and be replaced.That is how all teams are built and we are no different.This team as it stands will not win the league and some people will need to get reai andget off the team and the managers back when that reality hits in.Iam confident we are moving in the right.Patience is the main thing here.

If the scum drop as many points as they did last season then anything could happen as long as we go back to the way we were defending before yesterday.and we score the goals then I for one won't be giving up on pushing those inbred bastards all the way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/08/2018 at 02:38, Callum_Doon said:

Soon as son, his mates and myself became aware of this, for the first time that night...

'Do you not think he actually gets this... ? ...look at him...'.

Screenshot_20180825-023718.png

Came across this early interview, attributed online as largely unknown. I've certainly never seen it before and consequently maybe worth highlighting, especially in perspective now.

Apologies if it's really well-known and you've all seen it.

On 27/08/2018 at 21:11, BILLYBOY50 said:

If the scum drop as many points as they did last season then anything could happen

I think I read they've now dropped as many points as they did in their unbeaten season.

Not a happy camp over there. Long may it continue.

On 25/08/2018 at 13:49, fermblue said:

its funny, when ur quoting something he's said , that you have to say it in a Scouse accent in ur head!!

In the thread starter I think he's looking up at God because he's on the same level HaHa!!(hope that doesn't offend anyone!) it does look kinda iconically religious!

Wouldn’t need to look up if he’s on the same level surely ?

On 25/08/2018 at 12:55, Callum_Doon said:

Might I please run this by y'all..

If you enhance this iconic photo, what is he looking up at which seems to be so entrancing?

Is it perhaps those pennants above, a testimony to our history...

Nah....

He’s needing to sneeze and looking up at a light source to accelerate the process.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Nah....

He’s needing to sneeze and looking up at a light source to accelerate the process.

? Reckon he just might be comfortable in appreciating the scale of what he's taken on.

Guess the essence of this thread is that he sussed same and embraced it from day one!

PA_db399264-a391-4034-8f9a-e31cd67e7dac_20180803153102-1024x768.jpg

On 25/08/2018 at 02:38, Callum_Doon said:

Soon as son, his mates and myself became aware of this, for the first time that night...

'Do you not think he actually gets this... ? ...look at him...'.

Screenshot_20180825-023718.png

Of course he gets it . He came from an institution in Liverpool . He has seen European cups won as a fan and won them himself .

He knows all about tragedy , the loss and the grief of certain events

We all like to believe that SG will have bought into our history . Liverpool have a pretty impressive history themselves. And SG will have experienced all that, before he came to Rangers .

The Respect he has shown to our club , the supporters and what we are about as a club, has borne that out.

There is a similar mindset with the fans of Rangers and Liverpool, they both expect and demand success, being second class is not acceptable, being first is the only thing that matters. SG has understood that since day one, he doesn't want to take us to second in the league and be happy with it, he wants to win, he has that mentality at his core It's there to see in his press conferences and post match reactions. Listening to him after the Dundee game he knew they were there to be hammered and his words got to the players, his pride in Rangers fighting back to 2-2 against Villarreal was there to see and he was undoubtedly pleased by the team on Sunday. 

After what we've had in the manager's office in the past few years SG is a breath of fresh air, a man who understands football, has a winner's mentality and knows how to get that across to the players and the fans, we have the makings of a legendary Rangers Manager.

Can we win number 55 this season, yes, I think we can and I would not be surprised if won the treble and we've already gone further in Europe this season than any of us expected. 

God help Ayr tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Of course he gets it . He came from an institution in Liverpool . He has seen European cups won as a fan and won them himself .

He knows all about tragedy , the loss and the grief of certain events

We all like to believe that SG will have bought into our history . Liverpool have a pretty impressive history themselves. And SG will have experienced all that, before he came to Rangers .

The Respect he has shown to our club , the supporters and what we are about as a club, as borne that out.

Can't argue with any of that. ?

43 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Didn't want Gerrard as I wanted an experienced manager in. 

But so far he has proven me wrong. I'll forgive him.the tarrier game tbh as I said almost after the final whistle against UFA that the taig game would be one too many. 10 men for 60 mins and then 9 for another 30. It was a long long night.

To me this isn't about us v the taigs. We didn't win the league last season due to the games at home.v hibs, hearts, st Johnstone, Hamilton and away games to.dundee, killie etc.

We had to.become.consistent vs everyone else before even contemplating the taigs.

I think.this might just be it 

See my original posts!

Maybe.. just maybe, it's the break we so deserved.

If I might emphasise the aforementioned early interview... it's all there in perspective and from day one...

On 27/08/2018 at 11:54, ronniemca said:

We are making progress and that is all we can expect.SG needs at least 2 more windows to establish a team that can win the league.It is an ongoing process where we bring in players some who will succeed and some who will fall by the way and be replaced.That is how all teams are built and we are no different.This team as it stands will not win the league and some people will need to get reai andget off the team and the managers back when that reality hits in.Iam confident we are moving in the right.Patience is the main thing here.

Not quite so sure about that now Ronnie