Willie Collum confirmed as referee Sunday

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Given the money generated by the old firm is it too much to ask that they hire an impartial EPL ref for the game? Worldwide audience and they have to endure the abysmal shite that is Scottish refereeing 

Who gives a fuck about the worldwide audience mate :lol:

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Given the money generated by the old firm is it too much to ask that they hire an impartial EPL ref for the game? Worldwide audience and they have to endure the abysmal shite that is Scottish refereeing 

Good post. :tu:

Could the TV sponsor demand an EPL ref for OF games as part of their contract with the SFA?

There's just no way all refs in Scotland are impartial. Let's face it, if you've become a referee it's because you're a big football fan (obviously) and the majority of fans in Scotland support either us or them. Given the depth of the rivalry it's hard to imagine no biased decisions are made, whether conscious or unconscious.

Why can't we just bring in foreign or English refs?

Actually don’t mind Collum. He’s certainly not biased, incompetent at times aye but he’s not biased.

Always remember him getting called an orange bastard for giving us a penalty at there place. A catholic orange bastard that teaches religious education in a catholic school? And they say we’re paranoid?! 

12 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Why would TV companies care about the standard of ref? 

Good point. I was thinking more of a branding exercise between the TV sponsor the SFA and the old firm games. I just think it would offer a better game if the ref was neutral, as they wouldn't get let off with their skulduggery, which would make for better viewing.

15 hours ago, gmcf said:

Not too bothered if I'm honest . I'd rather have him than many others . 

me too .was quite refreshing last time .

too many games against they cunts recently we haven't had a 50 50 decision for us until we were a couple of goals down 

he still won't book Lego until there's been about 8 fouls 

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Nobody has answered the question yet, who are we supposed to want in these games?

The referees listed below, who are known to referee in a fair manner and show parity for both teams in their decisions:

18 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Collum saves the scums' unbeaten run last season.

He gave us a penalty at the piggery when broadfoot dived....he didnt even see it but gave it. Btw i was over the fucking moon?

If we are good enough on sunday we will get a result regardless of the ref.

49 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Choosing the ref we want for the game.

It's like choosing who to pull in clatty pats at closing time, knowing you're waking up in the morning with crabs, syphilis or knob warts.

interesting insight into your mating habits there lol