Jd selling our new kit from tommorow

linfield1690

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I’d say it’s the other way around tbh! This forum is quite the opposite from the Rangers support. I’d say FF is closer to the Rangers support than here. 

Undoubtedly. As proven by reactions to Lafferty, McGregor, Miller etc. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but this forum couldn’t be less representative of the broader support.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, we’re just not hypocritical pricks

Everyone is a hypocrite about something, but after years of dross some people just care more about the team being successful than who left in 2012. (And some fans didn't hold it against all the players who left to begin with.) 

I don't think Rangers Media is really an accurate gage of the thoughts and feelings of the Rangers support at large. I think that was evident over the last few summers with people clamouring for McGregor, Davis, Lafferty, Naismith and even Whittaker to be brought back. Naismith and Whittaker aside, most fans seemed to want them all back. (And few seem to hold it against guys like John Fleck.) 

Personally, Davis, Naismith and Whittaker are the three I'll never forgive. Davis because he was the captain, and as a bluenose he knew full well that the position was more than an armband to wear on the pitch. I accept the players had already had reasons not to trust Green and decided to put themselves first, but I don't forgive the captain or the two rats who declared us as dead. (Main reason I didn't want Lafferty back last summer was because he was inconsistent for us first time around and had been largely mince at club level since leaving.) 

I realise this has fuck all to do with the new tops though. I considered trying to cancel my order as it was in the 6000s and no way I receive the tops before next week, but the weather is pish and I cannae be arsed going to Braehead anyway. Hopefully JD has a better range of stock in soon though; site didn't have the orange top in my size by the time I placed my order, so decided to hold back for that one. 

1 hour ago, wully said:

Whether or not the boycott helped SD to come to renegotiate with us (which I have no opinion on as to whether it did) the long term problem for the club is that any company entering into a contract with us for merchandise will be wary that the fan base can be persuaded to boycott products for any perceived slight. 

Rightly or wrongly, some may even be worried that the board could encourage this behaviour.

Any sensible business would factor this risk into any offer they make.

It will take a long time to rebuild that reputation in the eyes of retailers / distributors. I have no doubt though that the rate fans are buying up the new strips will go some way to placate this.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I’d say it’s the other way around tbh! This forum is quite the opposite from the Rangers support. I’d say FF is closer to the Rangers support than here. 

Honestly mate, all the Rangers fans I know think FF is full of nutters. 

I think it’s more to do with people with the same general consensus tend to migrate towards each other even on the internet. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Indeed CB, but they will never realise that unfortunately.

I wish he would just fuck off and let us get on with supporting the team and buying whatever we can when we can. Heading out to JD at Braehead soon. :thumbsup: 

Remember to try it on first mate. ?

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Undoubtedly. As proven by reactions to Lafferty, McGregor, Miller etc. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but this forum couldn’t be less representative of the broader support.

It represents how anyone I know personally feels though.

I find a lot of Rangers supporters on most social media platforms and FF to be incredibly nauseating in their views and how nothing is ever wrong 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Remember to try it on first mate. ?

Just back with said home top from JD in Braehead :happy: £55 and I did not even have to pay for it, Mrs Bru has been waiting since June to buy me it for my birthday. :thumbup:

I did try it on and decided to take an extra large because the large felt a little tight, I am short but not thin so it seemed the best option.

The guy who seemed to be there to answer questions said when I asked him about the orange top, maybe October but not really sure if they would get any even then. He also said they had received 400 home tops and about 2pm they were a over 200 sold. When we were there they must have been another 5 or 6 buying at the same time, they will not last long. 

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just back with said home top from JD in Braehead :happy: £55 and I did not even have to pay for it, Mrs Bru has been waiting since June to buy me it for my birthday. :thumbup:

I did try it on and decided to take an extra large because the large felt a little tight, I am short but not thin so it seemed the best option.

The guy who seemed to be there to answer questions said when I asked him about the orange top, maybe October but not really sure if they would get any even then. He also said they had received 400 home tops and about 2pm they were a over 200 sold. When we were there they must have been another 5 or 6 buying at the same time, they will not last long. 

Only we could make such a cunt of selling something everyone wants. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Only we could make such a cunt of selling something everyone wants. 

I really do not know what he meant about the orange one, whether they are having problems getting it or that they will not try to get it. I said to him if you keep getting in everything you can, Rangers fans will buy it. 

I am still at a loss to know why after so long so little stock seems available and why we have no one from Rangers willing to mention they are being sold by JD.

At least we have a game tonight to look forward to.   :happy:

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It's about time we seen our tops everywhere as sick of not seeing very many of us out and about, and the more success Gerrard is the more we sell.

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

It's about time we seen our tops everywhere as sick of not seeing very many of us out and about, and the more success Gerrard is the more we sell.

Could not agree more mate, the lack of Rangers blue over the last few years has been terrible. 

Archived