Reporting Scotland Clown Media

islanderbear84

14 hours ago, Brubear said:

Do you genuinely think celtic FC will get dragged through the media on this. I have my doubts. 

13 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No mate, was sarcasm. Not a chance will this become story of the week never mind headline of the year.

They will be mentioned here and there but as a secondary factor (employer ) rather than complicit in the crime.

The Rhebels take on it this morning, in their story which was 10th from main headline online. No bonus points for spotting any noticeable (injunction forced??) omissions so far .....

James Torbett on trial accused of historic sexual abuse of four young boys.

Torbett denies nine offences of sexual abuse allegedly committed between August 1985 and August 1994.

One of the offenses is alleged to have taken place at Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow’s London Road.

A man went on trial yesterday accused of the historic sexual abuse of four young boys.

James Torbett, 71, denies nine offences of sexual abuse, allegedly committed between August 1985 and August 1994.

Defence QC Tony Graham lodged a special defence of alibi at the High Court in Glasgow in relation to a charge alleged to have taken place between June 1985 and June 1986.

Torbett, from Glasgow, is alleged to have first sexually abused the boys when they were aged four, 12, 12, and 13.

The offences are alleged to have taken place in a number of locations including Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow’s London Road, at Torbett’s home, a dormitory in France as well as training facilities in Glasgow’s west end and factory premises at The Trophy Centre in Pollokshaws, Glasgow.

Prosecutor Sheena Fraser said: “The trial is set down for 10 days but it may be less than that.”

No evidence has been heard yet. The trial, before judge Lord Beckett, continues.

1 hour ago, islanderbear84 said:

Wrong, I am a BIG follower! Follow the club, follow our beliefs and follow everything we stand for!

You seem to constantly be aghast on here that a forum set up for like minded fans, with a common obsession that has been a part of their entire life, all share the same view. Who'd have thunk it eh?

I get the feeling you only make contributions to increase your content count, as none of them have anything constructive in them. A constant 'no ye didnae' or 'no you haveny' like the wee guy in chewin the fat.

If you are so opposed to the core of what most fans of the club believe in, in what way are you a fan??

The guy is a troll mate, ignore him.

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The Rhebels take on it this morning, in their story which was 10th from main headline online. No bonus points for spotting any noticeable (injunction forced??) omissions so far .....

James Torbett on trial accused of historic sexual abuse of four young boys.

Torbett denies nine offences of sexual abuse allegedly committed between August 1985 and August 1994.

One of the offenses is alleged to have taken place at Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow’s London Road.

A man went on trial yesterday accused of the historic sexual abuse of four young boys.

James Torbett, 71, denies nine offences of sexual abuse, allegedly committed between August 1985 and August 1994.

Defence QC Tony Graham lodged a special defence of alibi at the High Court in Glasgow in relation to a charge alleged to have taken place between June 1985 and June 1986.

Torbett, from Glasgow, is alleged to have first sexually abused the boys when they were aged four, 12, 12, and 13.

The offences are alleged to have taken place in a number of locations including Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow’s London Road, at Torbett’s home, a dormitory in France as well as training facilities in Glasgow’s west end and factory premises at The Trophy Centre in Pollokshaws, Glasgow.

Prosecutor Sheena Fraser said: “The trial is set down for 10 days but it may be less than that.”

No evidence has been heard yet. The trial, before judge Lord Beckett, continues.

So the press can report some things from these trials after all, just not mention the name of Selick or Parkhead or anything else about them. :wanker:

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

So the press can report some things from these trials after all, just not mention the name of Selick or Parkhead or anything else about them. :wanker:

"Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow’s London Road".

Say no more mate...

On 21/10/2018 at 22:37, islanderbear84 said:

Just watched Reporting Scotland before MOTD started and they showed the Kent goal and said 'scored for Rangers against the run of play'

I know we weren't great today but fuck me we were never under the kosh from them!! I dont remember us spending time pegged back in our own camp! Pretty sure we were 75% posession after 30mins. We didnt do enough with our posession but against the run of play is a baffling statement. Until you remember this is scotland, and we are Rangers.

Clown media!

Half the folk on here basically said the same thing 

13 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Half the folk on here basically said the same thing 

It's nuts. I understand a clubs own fans can be their worst critics at times, but I don't get the apparent need for some to only focus in on the negative. We were poor, this was obvious for all to see. But we controlled the majority of the game, just failed to put an end product on it. Their goal shouldn't have happened if we hadn't allowed the guy to ghost past us so easily, but the strike he hit was a cracker and against any other team if he had hit that he'd have scored.

But for me we need to be comparative in what we are seeing, poor performances still coming out as 3 points in the bag and keeping us in close contention with the top 6 pack. Last few years we'd have capitulated and probably go on to lose rather than win. So hopefully this can be used as a sign of brighter times if we look at the half full glass rather than the half empty one.

1 hour ago, islanderbear84 said:

It's nuts. I understand a clubs own fans can be their worst critics at times, but I don't get the apparent need for some to only focus in on the negative. We were poor, this was obvious for all to see. But we controlled the majority of the game, just failed to put an end product on it. Their goal shouldn't have happened if we hadn't allowed the guy to ghost past us so easily, but the strike he hit was a cracker and against any other team if he had hit that he'd have scored.

But for me we need to be comparative in what we are seeing, poor performances still coming out as 3 points in the bag and keeping us in close contention with the top 6 pack. Last few years we'd have capitulated and probably go on to lose rather than win. So hopefully this can be used as a sign of brighter times if we look at the half full glass rather than the half empty one.

This I agree with, but a much broader point than your original point around them scoring against the run of play which is probably where you lost me.

I think we're the past the point of expecting such objectivity from mainstream broadcasters - I completely tune out from them now, the Rangers fan podcasts offer a much more balanced view.

Heart and Hand being a personal favourite.

4 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Wrong, I am a BIG follower! Follow the club, follow our beliefs and follow everything we stand for!

You seem to constantly be aghast on here that a forum set up for like minded fans, with a common obsession that has been a part of their entire life, all share the same view. Who'd have thunk it eh?

I get the feeling you only make contributions to increase your content count, as none of them have anything constructive in them. A constant 'no ye didnae' or 'no you haveny' like the wee guy in chewin the fat.

If you are so opposed to the core of what most fans of the club believe in, in what way are you a fan??

In what way am I a fan? Well for a start it’s all about the football for me - I don’t need the crutch of multiple add-ons that some on here rely on to be supporters. Oh and I have a sense of perspective that reminds me this is only sport! It doesn’t seem to be enough that I am a fan of the club - with folks expecting / needing to attach other cross overs to make it work for them. Folk can’t deal with that! 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

In what way am I a fan? Well for a start it’s all about the football for me - I don’t need the crutch of multiple add-ons that some on here rely on to be supporters. Oh and I have a sense of perspective that reminds me this is only sport! It doesn’t seem to be enough that I am a fan of the club - with folks expecting / needing to attach other cross overs to make it work for them. Folk can’t deal with that! 

If you are only a fan then why do you use a Rangers forum to spout your SNP shite

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well when one of the 'add-ons', as you put it, is a commonality with your fellow fans and discussing common opinions of your joint interest with them, why are you therefore on here, when it is one of the 'add-ons' you have just derided! 

And for many of us it is a lot more than just sport! Most fans of the club with a brain will have the opinion that it means more to them than just sport.

Unless when you said 'I have a sense of perspective that reminds me this is only sport', the sport you in fact were meaning was trolling fans of your rival football club on here? That's the only way I can read it!

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If your a fan - why spout / allow PUL shite? Or are you just another hypocrite? 

It's not me making the claim it is you about just being a fan I comment on politics in the politics forum.Btw while we are at it Did you being an ex soldier complain to the SNP about some of your councillors tweeting UP The IRA and then being allowed to address the SNP conference

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fanny

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow’s London Road".

Say no more mate...

Update: I nearly fell of my chair when I read this a wee while ago. :wow:

From BBC Scotland website:

Youth footballer 'abused' by celtic Boys Club manager

An ex-youth footballer has told a court he was sexually abused by a former manager at celtic Boys Club.

The witness, who cannot be named and is now in his forties, said James Torbett abused him when he played for the under-14 team.

He told a jury at the High Court in Glasgow the incidents took place both at Mr Torbett's flat and in Mr Torbett's car.

Mr Torbett denies sexually abusing four young boys.

The witness said he would have "run through brick walls for Jim Torbett, done anything he told me to do", and that he made him feel special.

4 hours ago, They Gnu said:

When the wank said Natz have no problem with the Union Flag I decided there’s no point engaging with him. A troll no more.

This is the SNP who when the PM went up to Scotland instead of having the Union flag represent her put the Saltire at her side,yet seem to have no problem finding their manners or indeed following protocol when other countries representives visit and display the country in questions flag

27 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'm actually shocked BBC Scotland of all organisations would name celtic Boys Club

It is incredible and while I am delighted this horrible man's trial is being reported on why were we told that child abuse cases could not be reported on till after the trial ??

I have just pasted the latest bit in the General Sports, hellish reading what the first witness went through.