One Of The Worst Performances By A Team In A Semi Final At Hampden I've Seen.

tannerall

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

One chance on goal, no great movement or passing ability. too many journeymen, no outstanding player in the team. 

And that was just Aberdeen. 

Kinda puts it in context how bad we were. :depressed:

Were you there against the scum 5/6 years ago or last year

We lost and it hurts but we weren't humiliated man.

The spawned through . I just wish they would spawn some wins against the scum now and then .

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Same. Sitting here gutted but nowhere near hurting as its expected for us to bottle it.

Am the other way because this team is 100% better than those of the last few years. Last year v well I just brushed it off because it just became the normal. This hurts so fuckin bad because I believe in this team from management down and today they fucked up

Bitterly Disappointing as it may be let’s not lose perspective over this.Stevie G has a young and relatively inexperienced team at this level, who by the way are still in the league mix and sit top of the Europa league group.  

Mcinnes had a game plan to sit in and try and nick a goal hoping we couldn’t break down his defence. 

Which we couldn’t do due to quality issues and rank poor performances by key players. 

The one quality cross of the whole fuckin game won the match.

Of course there are worrying aspects to the defeat, like his reluctance to make changes and our general insipid play but let’s wait a bit longer before writing the whole fuckin thing off.

The sheep got lucky today. 

16 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Final ball really let him down today. 

Especially in the first half. 

Not a single cross, final ball, corner or free kick was good enough. The sheep fuckers had one or two and made the most of it. We should still have won today, even though we were shite going forward from midfield. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Candeias crossing getting a lot of stick here, but you can also look at the lack of runs and commitment to get on the end of the crosses.

I thought there were decent performances today within the team and Candeias was one of them. Ejaria and Kent were battling hard but, as you say, we had no one getting into good areas to create a real goal scoring opportunity. And with the dead balls Tav was consistently wasting chances from threatening positions. All very frustrating.

5 hours ago, tannerall said:

One chance on goal, no great movement or passing ability. too many journeymen, no outstanding player in the team. 

And that was just Aberdeen. 

Kinda puts it in context how bad we were. :depressed:

Where you been mate? this is now a standard semi-final performance, thats 5 on the bounce now where we've nit laid a glove on the opposition when a final place is at stake

4 hours ago, Dickie said:

Candieas was the best player on the park by a mile,what the fuck were you watching?

He’d enough time on the ball to win 10 matches & every cross was woeful.

What the fuck were YOU watching?

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Candeias crossing getting a lot of stick here, but you can also look at the lack of runs and commitment to get on the end of the crosses.

He stuck a fair number straight in the keepers gloves, mate.

No amount of runs or commitment would have made those good.

20 minutes ago, HG5 said:

He’d enough time on the ball to win 10 matches & every cross was woeful.

What the fuck were YOU watching?

It's amazing the impact a wee nutmeg will have on people. It lets them ignore the fact he had more opprtunities to deliver the killer pass or unlock the defence than anyone else...and failed every single time.

39 minutes ago, HG5 said:

He stuck a fair number straight in the keepers gloves, mate.

No amount of runs or commitment would have made those good.

Yeah mate, not saying hs never made bad crosses but not every one is bad and sometimes the lack of these runs make them look bad.

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Yeah mate, not saying hs never made bad crosses but not every one is bad and sometimes the lack of these runs make them look bad.

I know, mate.

To be honest, I didn’t see a vast amount of real link up work yesterday, unless it was shuffling it about for the sake of it, or so slow that they got the chance to cover.

Everybody has to be responsible for that.

12 hours ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Ejaria always comes short to Goldson to take the ball and then knocks it straight back to him.......

Does my fucking tits in that. 

I watched that program about Pep and Man City, he explains what they are trying to do by dragging the opposition in and making space in behind. We aren’t doing that and if we are trying it no one is running into the space.