Jon Flanagan

KeyserSoze

12 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's the best RB in the league, and played a huge part in our European success, he's probably our best player behind Morelos, and we'll make millions when we sell him. What more do you want from him?

I sit and watch Tav play and think we would be fucked without his attacking play in most games. For our level, we couldn't do better without spending millions.

RB is the last position we should be looking at, unless it's cover for Tav.

See this is what happens in a Tav debate, the Tav can do no wrong gang lose the head and start saying where would we be without his attacking play. 

Totally forgetting that no one is complaining about him in the league (the scum apart) although he still fucks up he gets away with it 9 times out of 10. It’s the next level we are debating and he isn’t good enough in fact apart from McGregor and Mo none of them are unless they seriously raise their game and I’ve not seen any evidence of that  

Do you actually believe that team could get kind of a result against the top 3 or 4 from Spain, England, Italy or Germany never mind France,Netherlands  or any of the usual CL teams from Eastern Europe. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

See this is what happens in a Tav debate, the Tav can do no wrong gang lose the head and start saying where would we be without his attacking play. 

Totally forgetting that no one is complaining about him in the league (the scum apart) although he still fucks up he gets away with it 9 times out of 10. It’s the next level we are debating and he isn’t good enough in fact apart from McGregor and Mo none of them are unless they seriously raise their game and I’ve not seen any evidence of that  

Do you actually believe that team could get kind of a result against the top 3 or 4 from Spain, England, Italy or Germany never mind France,Netherlands  or any of the usual CL teams from Eastern Europe. 

Why would they be playing the top 3 or 4 from Spain, Germany, Italy or England in the group stages of the Europa League?

8 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Statistics don't lie but they should always be used in context. In the context of the Europa League this season, Tavernier is doing fine.

You're completely ignoring the facts. This is not objective by any definition.

I’m not ignoring the facts I use them objectively, yes he can be good going forward. But if you only look at his stats then don’t look at his overall game during a 90 mins then your missing a huge part of what Tav is as a player. 

Scouting System???? Out the window then?? No need?? Stats all we need?? Moneyball Football the way forward??

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Why would they be playing the top 3 or 4 from Spain, Germany, Italy or England in the group stages of the Europa League?

Kind of sums you up, my full argument is he isn’t good enough to step up a level and won’t take us forward. 

In my opinion he isn’t good enough for the Europa League never mind the CL. I take you dont want us to win 55 and get back into the CL. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I'm not in any gang, i can form my own opinions easily, using facts.

If he fucks up, he absolutely doesn't get away with it, 5 threads appear if he makes a poor decision.

He is good enough for the next level, that's not even up for debate, his stats and performances in Europe prove that.

Villarreal finished 5th in la liga last season, they have genuine quality all over the pitch and spent £70m in the summer, they could buy and sell us at the moment. We're unbeaten against them and could even finish above them in our group, I'll take that.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

John was not good enough as a starter but I think he's very harshly treated on here. His performances were nowhere near as bad as made out, people act like he was Lee Hodson ffs. For a strange reason Halliday's performances at LB get praised on here, yet John produced better ones and got slated..

Never gave away close to as many chances or possession like Flanagan. Flanagan gets beat one on one more often and gets caught out of position with attackers making runs in behind. That's without taking into account John shits all over him on the ball and offensively.

John was never a LB imo, would have been more effective as a wingback in a back five or as an out and out winger.

He wasn't terrible, he was just a bit meh and I reckon he would have been shown up more in this team.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His best season was him on the left

He went throughout his youth career as a right back and joined the Liverpool 1st team under Dalglish as a right back. He's right footed.

Perhaps a stand in left back but definitely not his top position. 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Kind of sums you up, my full argument is he isn’t good enough to step up a level and won’t take us forward. 

In my opinion he isn’t good enough for the Europa League never mind the CL. I take you dont want us to win 55 and get back into the CL. 

Your argument was he's not good enough at this level. This level is the Europa League group stages. The champions League and winning the League has fuck all to do with what you said. This is your daft fucking argument. Stick to it instead of talking shite about money ball and the top teams in Europe.

Tavernier is on uefas merits one of the best performing defenders currently in the competition. He's playing for a team that's in with a shout of qualifying. He's performing at this level. It doesn't get any more objective than that. It's subjective you're confused with.

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

He went throughout his youth career as a right back and joined the Liverpool 1st team under Dalglish as a right back. He's right footed.

Perhaps a stand in left back but definitely not his top position. 

I know, but his best season at Liverpool he was mainly on the left

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Blue eyed boy? Elaborate.

He doesn't get a bad word said about him, he gets supported whatever he does because he trys, rest of the team get moans n groans when they lose possession,N he is in most fans starting 11 every week! Reminds me of the same way fans were with  Greg wylde after a few apperances. Only thing I would say is he has great delivery from set pieces. 

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I'm not in any gang, i can form my own opinions easily, using facts.

If he fucks up, he absolutely doesn't get away with it, 5 threads appear if he makes a poor decision.

He is good enough for the next level, that's not even up for debate, his stats and performances in Europe prove that.

Villarreal finished 5th in la liga last season, they have genuine quality all over the pitch and spent £70m in the summer, they could buy and sell us at the moment. We're unbeaten against them and could even finish above them in our group, I'll take that.

He gets away with it at the level of Scottish Football, keep up  

So Tav is good enough to take on the best Europe, now I know your off your rocker. 

For that amount of money Villareal are a poor team  

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Even thinking upgrading Tavernier would somehow allow us to compete with top champions League teams is fucking insane. 

So we can’t better than Tav to play for us at RB. 😂😂

Please tell me youve started the weekend swally early. 

12 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Your argument was he's not good enough at this level. This level is the Europa League group stages. The champions League and winning the League has fuck all to do with what you said. This is your daft fucking argument. Stick to it instead of talking shite about money ball and the top teams in Europe.

Tavernier is on uefas merits one of the best performing defenders currently in the competition. He's playing for a team that's in with a shout of qualifying. He's performing at this level. It doesn't get any more objective than that. It's subjective you're confused with.

😂😂 offfttt someone getting angry. 

And he isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So we can’t better than Tav to play for us at RB. 😂😂

Please tell me youve started the weekend swally early. 

We wont get a right back that'll have us competing with top champions League teams any time soon. Or any other position for that matter.

Aye it's me that's on the drink.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

We wont get a right back that'll have us competing with top champions League teams any time soon. Or any other position for that matter.

Aye it's me that's on the drink.

Thought you had been in the bevvy. 👍 

So we can’t get better than Tav to play for us?? Or any other position?? So this team is it?? Can you tell how long that will be??

Still waiting on you telling me about this Scouting System that doesn’t need scouts just a guy at a computer checking out everyone’s stats. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Not really, time will show we need better than Tav and when he goes we will have the usual crew screaming at the moon about it. 

He's more than capable for the level we're at, which is a fact, fuck knows why you're talking about competing in the champions league tbh, if we were in the champions league then we need a new team, never mind a new RB.

We got to a European final with Kirk Broadfoot at RB remember. Tav is far better than him, I'm sure you'll agree. 

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂 now that's an underestimation right there.

Point is I don't see the need to single him out on what was a good team performance and other players were guilty of the same mistakes. There seems to be an agenda on here against him that doesn't always relate to his footballing ability.

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Point is I don't see the need to single him out on what was a good team performance and other players were guilty of the same mistakes. There seems to be an agenda on here against him that doesn't always relate to his footballing ability.

No agenda from me, he’s a naturally left footed player playing at right back, it’s not working. What agenda are you hinting at?

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thought you had been in the bevvy. 👍 

So we can’t get better than Tav to play for us?? Or any other position?? So this team is it?? Can you tell how long that will be??

Still waiting on you telling me about this Scouting System that doesn’t need scouts just a guy at a computer checking out everyone’s stats. 

what the fuck are you on about?