Alfredo Morelos: No Quarter Given, No Quarter Asked...

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I would agree that he is a marked man by referees mate and McLean was poor tonight IMO.

I just thought that with Mo not playing to his normal standard and the heat in the game he should have been taken of at half time.

You could say that with him in many games.

There are no excuses. His attitude is the shits and I would speculate he cannot cope with the demands of being at a big club.

We cannot afford what he is doing to us in having to play with ten men and him the main striker misding games through suspensions.

He just aint that good for us to afford the luxury as he is now clearly a liability. We needed him tonight and he made a cunt of us. HE is not learning and never will. 

Smell the coffee.

Has he crossed a line in the sand with us tonight? Usually folk are (rightly so) quick to defend him and say he'll learn.

To me, tonight suggests he can't/won't......that this is it. This is how he will be. I know he's young, but that tonight was the first time I've felt different. Didn't feel the need to defend him. That was just utter stupidity and could have been a straight red. 

8 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

When Morelos got booked I feared the worst that he would get sent off. And I thought Lafferty would go next with stupidity too 

I know we were chasing the game for an equalizer, but if you and I could see he was in one of those moods, as well as not playing anyway near to his best form, then surely Stevie or one of his backroom team could have seen what was going to happen.

See the Lafferty carry on after being booked, why does Tav not notice these things and try and calm him down ? my answer is that Tav is not a good captain.

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There are no excuses. His attitude is the shits and I would speculate he cannot cope with the demands of being at a big club.

We cannot afford what he is doing to us in having to play with ten men and him the main striker misding games through suspensions.

He just aint that good for us to afford the luxury as he is now clearly a liability. We needed him tonight and he made a cunt of us. HE is not learning and never will. 

Smell the coffee.

I think he has been very good and scored a lot of goals and assists BA and when hs is on form his hold up play and ability to mix it with much bigger players has been good. Tonight I could see he was not on his game in the first half and then his petulance got him booked (not sure if other players would) but the ref was not going to give us anything tonight if he could help it and as I have said a few times Stevie should have taken him of IMO.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Smell the coffee.

I expected more from you mate.

He is what he is. A bit hot headed but We cannot afford what he is doing to us in having to play with ten men and him the main striker misding games through suspensions.. He just aint that good for us to afford the luxury as he is now clearly a liability. We needed him tonight and he made a cunt of us. HE is not learning and never will. is just taking it a little too far.

When he is not playing well it's up to the manager to sub him. Unfortunately we do not, and neither does any other team, have a backup to our main striker who can score a similar amount of goals. Alfredo is an excellent player with a Latin temperament that I am willing we continue to persevere with. He had an off day and will have many more. He just needs to stop getting so frustrated during these times. He's not a luxury but one of our main players we should be supporting through thick and thin.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

22 posts since 2009 -- 16 in the last week  tenor.gif

Aye very good. You know fuck all about me but feel free to brand me as a taig. I’ll continue to post when I want to and if I’ve something I want to say. I don’t need to justify myself but if the money I’ve spent following Rangers for 37 years ( up until 2011) had been spent on your education, then you wouldn’t be ignorant enough to infer i was a Tim. Take that or leave it but regardless I won’t be getting into an argument with you. 

2 hours ago, slg said:

Emporer’s New Clothes. Misses more sitters than he scores goals. Constant, needless fouling. Constant, pointless moaning. Hold up play frequently poor, as witnessed tonight.  Thoughtless decision making, brainless bookings. The list goes on. If you honestly think this guy is a ‘top striker’ you’re as mental as he is. 

Rabid Cow

Lie down and grunt

Statement ends

6 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Very good article and I have to hold my hands up on two counts... firstly i thought at the tail end of last season he was a huffy wee prick and we would have done well to get rid of him for as much as we could. My view was we should have taken the 10 million from the Chinese....

Secondly and not so long ago, I think around the time he got the double yellow card for dissent, I said he was just a bit thick.

His development this season under Gerrard has been exceptional, he has really kicked on since his aberration in Europe and you can see that he is working on his reactions. He has never been a dirty player but I think until recently he did struggle to control his frustration and he seems to have addressed that now. 

He is without a doubt our most important player right now, and I got it flat wrong. 

I hope we can hold on to him for a long time and if we do lose him I hope he bursts our transfer record

Ah well. Should have kept my powder dry. 

1 hour ago, josmc said:

Aye very good. You know fuck all about me but feel free to brand me as a taig. I’ll continue to post when I want to and if I’ve something I want to say. I don’t need to justify myself but if the money I’ve spent following Rangers for 37 years ( up until 2011) had been spent on your education, then you wouldn’t be ignorant enough to infer i was a Tim. Take that or leave it but regardless I won’t be getting into an argument with you. 

I'll leave it, still think you're a taig, so given that I'm uneducated and ignorant I have no problem in telling you to fuck off declan. 

20 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I'll leave it, still think you're a taig, so given that I'm uneducated and ignorant I have no problem in telling you to fuck off declan. 

Last word from me on this. Do me the courtesy of reading the posts I’ve put on. If you see anything in them that convinces you I’m a tarrier then fair enough.  Going by your post count your an old stager on here so you should be able to sniff out a proper rattler. By the way, no hard feelings either way. Life’s too short. 

1 minute ago, josmc said:

Last word from me on this. Do me the courtesy of reading the posts I’ve put on. If you see anything in them that convinces you I’m a tarrier then fair enough.  Going by your post count your an old stager on here so you should be able to sniff out a proper rattler. By the way, no hard feelings either way. Life’s too short. 

👍

4 hours ago, slg said:

Emporer’s New Clothes. Misses more sitters than he scores goals. Constant, needless fouling. Constant, pointless moaning. Hold up play frequently poor, as witnessed tonight.  Thoughtless decision making, brainless bookings. The list goes on. If you honestly think this guy is a ‘top striker’ you’re as mental as he is. 

Hahaha FFS who left the door open and let you in?