***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grezda for McCrorie, move Arfield in to the centre and go for it. I fear if we take Middleton off for Grezda we will have absolutely no pace or ability to beat a man on the park. As far as being a hit or a miss, Middleton has been a miss in that first half but he's also looked the only one capable of providing that hit. Just needs to get past his man and get the ball back under control once for a good run or ball across the box to get that winning goal 

Edit: wouldn't make the change at half time, but by 60 mins for sure. None of this Gerrard pish of waiting til 75/80 mins to make the first sub in a game that needs changed

A lot of people saying this mob is brutal, their another Motherwell or St Johnstone but there's also the pressure of this mob getting a lucky goal like the afore mentioned teams and then it really is goodnight Vienna as a draw is no good.

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Grezda for McCrorie, move Arfield in to the centre and go for it. I fear if we take Middleton off for Grezda we will have absolutely no pace or ability to beat a man on the park. As far as being a hit or a miss, Middleton has been a miss in that first half but he's also looked the only one capable of providing that hit. Just needs to get past his man and get the ball back under control once for a good run or ball across the box to get that winning goal 

Edit: wouldn't make the change at half time, but by 60 mins for sure. None of this Gerrard pish of waiting til 75/80 mins to make the first sub in a game that needs changed

I'd leave Mccrorrie on and take Coulibaly off. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Normally I'd be against that but the pitch is terrible for passes on the deck so big punts up the park could work.

I think we look dangerous with the diagonal ball to Middleton/barasic overlapping and getting behind the defense to put the ball in the box. Having laff on as well with give an extra target to run on the end of a cross.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Middleton for Lafferty 

Mcgregor

Goldson McAuley Mccrorrie 

Tav Arfield Jack Coulibaly Barisic 

Morelos Lafferty

Take off Middleton when he’s been one of our best outlets and is now up against a booked fullback...what a great idea 

Just now, MrMckee said:

I think we look dangerous with the diagonal ball to Middleton/barasic overlapping and getting behind the defense to put the ball in the box. Having laff on as well with give an extra target to run on the end of a cross.

Bit more of that needed.

Just now, psb07158 said:

Barisic looks a player but Middleton has so much to learn. Playing better than he has done recently though 

He’s definitely got the beating of his man, gotten in behind him a few times but just missed the final ball. 

Archived