"Almost the perfect season " so far

eejay the dj

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Seems SG thinks we are 1 result away from the perfect start to the season 

Having failed to win against any of our top rivals in 7 games 

I seriously hope this is some sort of motivational shite for our players 

Olr is he trying to talk his own self up in the media 🤔

One thing is certain .It's miles away from being the perfect start to the season for me. Even with a win tomorrow .

At best .Our first win in 13 OF games will make it only acceptable 

It will be magnificent to finally win one of these .It has been 7 fucking years 

These players better stand up and be counted .For a change 

We actually beat them in 2016 you mutant

12 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

For me personally, I couldnt ask any more of Gerrard. Its been a magnificent season so far. 

We are a couple of missed chances, a few bad decisions and a couple of defensive errors from being comfortable at the top of the table and still in Europe. 

Damn right it's been an excellent season so far.  Especially considering he only took the job 6 months ago and the team has had wholesale changes in the summer, and some pretty shitty injuries to out more creative players.

33 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He's right, we are no more than a few wins away from a perfect start to the season.

A couple o different results and we would be top of the league and still in Europe.

This is correct, the problem I see is that we will continue to drop these points. If the taigs had put a run together they would be out of sight. And they are starting to. 

As someone else has stated, we could be a potential 9 points behind them tomorrow, as we need to accept they will win their game in hand 

I'm an optimist, and will be right up for it tomorrow but if the worst case scenario happens then we need to seriously reflect. 

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

This is correct, the problem I see is that we will continue to drop these points. If the taigs had put a run together they would be out of sight. And they are starting to. 

As someone else has stated, we could be a potential 9 points behind them tomorrow, as we need to accept they will win their game in hand 

I'm an optimist, and will be right up for it tomorrow but if the worst case scenario happens then we need to seriously reflect. 

Fair points.  Considering the amount of points they have dropped this season, I don't see their game in hand as being a sure thing for them.  They have only won three games in a row, and I think they were a little lucky to win against the sheep.

Losing tomorrow would be shite, but it is far from the end of the season. Definitely a large hill to climb though.

2 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

What angers me is the comment today about bringing our A game to the Old Firm match. These players should be delivering their bloody A game in every match. They'd be more than 9 points clear if they had. 

Must be nice to always be on your A game.

Like most people though, I have good and bad days.

27 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

We've dropped points in games with some very fine margins this season.

👍

True mate ..... by fine margins I assume you mean during the last ten minutes of games where we have lost points due to sucker punches ... like Wednesday night and previously against the sheep ..... along with a good few genuine missed chances.

Hopefully it will come right in the second half of the season ... and with no more games in the EL to play ... injuries, suspensions and the like will be reduced and see us progress.

:UK:

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The amount you are paid has no real direct relation into having a bad day or not.

Players on much much more than our players go through dips in form too mate.

👍

Let's hope it happens to the "visitors" to our glorious stadium tomorrow mate ... :p:

:UK:

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

What angers me is the comment today about bringing our A game to the Old Firm match. These players should be delivering their bloody A game in every match. They'd be more than 9 points clear if they had. 

Well said mate we know that every team has a dip in form. But they should still be good enough to beat the diddy teams even when not bringing their A game.

Too much getting read into every word. Forget the other stats. 1 game away from a cup final, and 1 game away from topping the league is something I'm sure we are all ok with given where we were with the previous management structure. Sure we've dropped points where we shouldn't but we're still up there. New manager, decent euro run (good for the club finances), and 1 game away from showing we can win this league. Every dropped point is a sickener, but we can do this!

14 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Too much getting read into every word. Forget the other stats. 1 game away from a cup final, and 1 game away from topping the league is something I'm sure we are all ok with given where we were with the previous management structure. Sure we've dropped points where we shouldn't but we're still up there. New manager, decent euro run (good for the club finances), and 1 game away from showing we can win this league. Every dropped point is a sickener, but we can do this!

Being happy with a league cup semi? Caixinha was slaughtered for it, we bottled another big game against the so called ‘bottler’ 

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Being happy with a league cup semi? Caixinha was slaughtered for it, we bottled another big game against the so called ‘bottler’ 

Nobody's saying they're happy with it. Just highlighting one game where the season so far could've been better 

15 hours ago, saintbob1969 said:

Players already looking terrified just in the training pics. Serious psychological barriers caused by weak minded players dropping points needlessly in games which should have been won. 

An Old Firm game can go either way but to win these players need to start thinking like winners as well as playing out of their skins.

That’s probably the biggest load of pish I’ve read on here....and that’s saying something.

Unless of course you can upload one of the photos as proof