Official: Steven Davis Returns

Broxi

Just now, bluenoz said:

we just signed two guys who are past their prime and who have hardly kicked a ball in a year.  the poster you are commenting on has every right to reserve judgement.

Comparing players who are spending their time on the golf course or in a studio being a pundit to players who have been training every day with the occasional game at Premier League clubs is up their with the worst posts made on here

For obvious reasons the signing does make me a little uneasy, but as others have said, winning the title means much more.

Davis should bring some experience and composure to our Midfield. Jack and Davis central with Arfield in an advanced position could be very tidy indeed.

IF he can help get us 55 this season then I will be happy, I said I did not want him back because I thought he would not have the legs for the work required in midfield now, especially if it was going to be 18 months or longer contract, but 6 months loan sorts that situation out. 

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Comparing players who are spending their time on the golf course or in a studio being a pundit to players who have been training every day with the occasional game at Premier League clubs is up their with the worst posts made on here

sorry, just came on and just read the last page. I'm hoping Davis and Defoe still have something left in the tank. just not overly excited yet. We have missed a poacher and Defoe on his day has proven to be that guy so I understand the excitement.

16 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Without debating the rights or wrongs of the matter, he and Miller were fined by the club for their behaviour, but then again you knew that. 

You can’t debate the rights or wrongs cause you know nothing about the matter, yet you’ve made your mind up nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Darren Bent, Joe Cole and a few others were playing up until very recently.

My point was that people are excited by Defoe and Davis because of what they've done in the past, it's yet to be seen whether they can still do it now. 

Brown's performance against us last week is an example of once your time's up it's up. 

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You can’t debate the rights or wrongs cause you know nothing about the matter, yet you’ve made your mind up nonetheless.

What did I exactly make my mind up about?? 

Fact #1 - Players were fined by the club

Fact #2 - Players took the employer to tribunal 

Not the smartest play ever. Opinion

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

we just signed two guys who are past their prime and who have hardly kicked a ball in a year.  the poster you are commenting on has every right to reserve judgement.

Aye but comparing them with Jorg Albertz is a bit much 😂

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

My point was that people are excited by Defoe and Davis because of what they've done in the past, it's yet to be seen whether they can still do it now. 

Brown's performance against us last week is an example of once your time's up it's up. 

you are right. The excitement is based on a past. Neither have done anything of late. I'm not saying they won't but I will reserve judgement for now rather than jump on the delirium bandwagon.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Are you drunk mate?

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I believe Defoe in particular keeps himself very fit and the Scottish league is a major step down from the EPL, I worry more about Defoe's ankle injury.  Find it hard to get excited about Davis though his experience could prove to be an asset & help our younger players.  

For me the only downside to signing both Defoe and Davis could be the time it takes the SFA to grant their clearances .... could be six months for Davis .... and with Defoe it might take eighteen months.

Other than that small hitch .... I don't see why anyone would have a problem with them .... :p:

:UK: