That second half performance

GOAT

The game was done with a very good (considering the conditions) 45 mins. That was it. We then conceded a pk that was a free kick and not a pk. Then we struggled to.cope with underfoot conditions. 

That's it. We turned up and we won. There won't be a DVD released of the game but the cup games are about winning and we done it with 8 changes from Sunday.

Coulsbt get worked up about it at all tbh

21 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

3-0 up on a shite pitch - even at 3-1 - always in control no point busting the bodies - comfortable, professional win 

Always ahead in the tie, yes, but for a good chunk of the 2nd half we were far from in control of the play. Maybe not quite rattled, but certainly under pressure and 2nd best to Cowdenbeath at that time.

Never felt we'd lose the match, but 2nd half was far from comfortable in terms of performance as the OP suggests.

The game was done with a very good (considering the conditions) 45 mins. That was it. We then conceded a pk that was a free kick and not a pk. Then we struggled to.cope with underfoot conditions. 

That's it. We turned up and we won. There won't be a DVD released of the game but the cup games are about winning and we done it with 8 changes from Sunday.

Coulsbt get worked up about it at all tbh

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

I’m cutting them a bit slack mate , conditions and surroundings are awful 

Yeah fair enough , I'm not overly bothered as the cups are just about getting into the next round , hopefully last night will be a final game for a few fringe players though 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah fair enough , I'm not overly bothered as the cups are just about getting into the next round , hopefully last night will be a final game for a few fringe players though 

Definitely 👍🏻👌🏻

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Always ahead in the tie, yes, but for a good chunk of the 2nd half we were far from in control of the play. Maybe not quite rattled, but certainly under pressure and 2nd best to Cowdenbeath at that time.

Never felt we'd lose the match, but 2nd half was far from comfortable in terms of performance as the OP suggests.

... and as you said ‘never felt we’d lose the match’ - result never in doubt - job done - I’ve always hated a 3-0 half time score line - we always take our foot of the gas at that point - seem to have done it for years 

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and as you said ‘never felt we’d lose the match’ - result never in doubt - job done - I’ve always hated a 3-0 half time score line - we always take our foot of the gas at that point - seem to have done it for years 

In betting terms we won first half and lost second half. A fair reflection of the play imo (refereeing decisions aside). So at the end it's fair to say job done. But we were not in control the whole game, we did enough 1st half to compensate 2nd half.

We're through, no injuries, I'll take it though a better team (like Kilmarnock) show we will get punished for that type of performance.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

In betting terms we won first half and lost second half. A fair reflection of the play imo (refereeing decisions aside). So at the end it's fair to say job done. But we were not in control the whole game, we did enough 1st half to compensate 2nd half.

We're through, no injuries, I'll take it though a better team (like Kilmarnock) show we will get punished for that type of performance.

A better team we put out our 'first' team and if 3 - 0 up against a better team at half time we would still take our foot of the gas.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A better team we put out our 'first' team and if 3 - 0 up against a better team at half time we would still take our foot of the gas.

Ok BP. In a thread specifically about how poor we were 2nd half last night, which we were, I'll leave it be for you to continue in your bubble of believing we controlled it but simply took our foot off the gas.

Blue tinted specs doesn't come close, but it's your bubble you're in, enjoy.

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ok BP. In a thread specifically about how poor we were 2nd half last night, which we were, I'll leave it be for you to continue in your bubble of believing we controlled it but simply took our foot off the gas.

Blue tinted specs doesn't come close, but it's your bubble you're in, enjoy.

BP9 can't win it's either he's too negative or in his own bubble for trying to see the best in what was a dreadful performance.

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

BP9 can't win it's either he's too negative or in his own bubble for trying to see the best in what was a dreadful performance.

Folk think he's negative? 

Quite the opposite that when things are abysmal he either continues with nonsense positivity or goes into hiding so as not to give a realistic outlook on things.

He still rates mccoist ffs 😁

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk think he's negative? 

Quite the opposite that when things are abysmal he either continues with nonsense positivity or goes into hiding so as not to give a realistic outlook on things.

He still rates mccoist ffs 😁

I guess so but always trying to see the positives for us isn't a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I guess so but always trying to see the positives for us isn't a bad thing.

Yes, I guess if your positivity led you wanted to want to keep Mccoist, and Murty, and Warburton, and Caixinha, then BP9 was your man 😂

Thought the second half was poor but it was really all about game/clock management, avoiding injury and giving a few players game time. Last night was the type of game where bigger teams can easily become unstuck and I never really felt that we were in danger of losing. 

Think there is a massive overreaction by some to the contribution and Davis though - both players are working with a new system and getting use to their teammates strengths and weaknesses - Defoe beat the off side trip three or four times and was pulled back on at least two occasions by poor decisions by the linesman. Davis for me brings a bit more solidity to the midfield that I like - it's not flashy, but it's just consistently good play.

Looking forward to Saturday to see what they look like on a decent surface and with a bit of game time under their belts.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes, I guess if your positivity led you wanted to want to keep Mccoist, and Murty, and Warburton, and Caixinha, then BP9 was your man 😂

I think it's more he backs the people in charge no matter how bad things get he stays loyal to them.

It's a mistake a lotof the time but fair play to him.

48 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

the game was won - we'd be moaning had one of ours been injured - was not pretty to watch but let's move on

I've said the result is all that really matters in the cup but strolling around half hearted and taking time on the ball is more likely too get you injured imo,  and it's a bit disappointing that there's players there last night not really bothered if they get in the first 11 or not 

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I've said the result is all that really matters in the cup but strolling around half hearted and taking time on the ball is more likely too get you injured imo,  and it's a bit disappointing that there's players there last night not really bothered if they get in the first 11 or not 

YOU GEt that at a lot of clubs - cunts who have a god given talent but are lazy --- one of the reasons I appreciate guys like DC

17 seconds - Shanks sums up my feelings exactly