That second half performance

GOAT

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Poor but the game was finished in the first half in freezing conditions in a fucking cesspit motivation must have been hard to come by 

How can motivation be hard to come by for bit part players who are getting a chance to stake a claim 

16 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

I take it you are being sarcastic!  Lol

11 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Hmmm...

Yep, fishin’

but seriously, 2nd half gave Mr Gerrard an insight into who’s up for it in challenging (poor) circumstances/ conditions.

Clear to see who was tying & who was not.

3-0 up at half time in terrible conditions against pish - hardly a surprise we switched off. 

We need to completely alter our playing style when Defoe plays ahead of Morelos and not seeing much evidence of any willingness and/or capability to do so. 

Fringe players have missed an opportunity to impress.

You can blame the surface all you want but the quality of surface has nothing to do with effort and far too many of the players on show just couldn’t be fucking arsed second half and that’s unacceptable.

6 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

Job done first and foremost. Terrible second half performance.

How "Flanno" earns a living as a professional is baffling. I never want to see him in the side again.

I never want to see him called "Flanno" again, so there!!

2 minutes ago, DiamondBear said:

Yep, fishin’

but seriously, 2nd half gave Mr Gerrard an insight into who’s up for it in challenging (poor) circumstances/ conditions.

Clear to see who was tying & who was not.

Hmmm, can't spell trying , hmmmm, spidey senses are tingling. 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos brings so much to the team even when he isn't scoring.  Defoe, for all his experience and hype, isn't as good.  

He’s a different player so we can’t just replace Morelos with Defoe and expect the same performance. Defoe beat the offside trap at least twice in the first half and got pulled back incorrectly, he plays off the back line better than Morelos and I think his positioning inside the box is better as you’d expect from a poacher.

Morelos contributes far more outside the box and brings other players into the game.

The manager needs to alter the way we are playing to accommodate Defoe and I’m not so sure that this is the right way to go.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Meh, not overly arsed about the performance tbh all that matters is that we didn't pick up any injuries on that pitch. 

Job's done and on we go. 

This 

we won, no injuries to key players. Shite refereeing tonight cost us 2 pens for and one against