"When we walked out to going for 55 my heart sank" - Mark Warburton

.Williamson.

Worst season IMO was the one we failed to get promoted from the championship. Players we had were absolute imposters even more so then what Warburton signed, they were the lowest of the low we have ever seen. Watching us struggle against part time opposition week in week out. One of the worse games I remember watching as a 0 0 draw away to cowdenbeath just a week after hearts humped them 10 nil. 

Warburtons style is no good unless you have the money of man City or barcelona. You have to learn to win ugly in this league. 

The worst part of his interview is when he complains that nobody ever asked him about Barrie Mckay’s development rather than being 20 points behind celtic. 

He didn’t get it then & he doesn’t get it now. An absolute loser who’ll never be anything more than a development coach 

Started with flair, skill and a style of play that had been sorely missing to our game in years, unfortunately for him and us he lost his way after his greatest achievement as our manager  (semi win) couldn't hold on to lead with 25 mins to go in the final. No heart or fight became the usual criticism of his teams. dismantled a good team by replacing them with ineffectual expensive duds for the first time back in top division. Then became the victim of his own hype, ego before substance is never good and to top it all thought Forrest were a bigger draw than the Rangers and tried to keep one foot in and one foot out. Started with a magic hat and ended with a dunces hat :pipe:   will go the way as a lot of others, a failure because the job was too big for him to handle. 

On 07/02/2019 at 16:36, DBBTB said:

I think he would be a good Director of Football. IIRC that was his original job at Brentford and he only took over because Uwe Rosler jumped ship to manage Leeds in the middle of the season.

Yeah I think that's right. I often wondered what Davie Weir's role was in it all. Seemed like he didn't do a lot. I always kind of expected the defenders to improve under him, but they just didn't. 

I liked his idea that we could play nice football after watching the complete dross McCoist had given us. However once he was in the top division it was apparent very quickly that he was so far out his depth and couldn't handle the expectations. He tried to bring in experience  , fine on paper but the experience was ridiculous. Senderos, Barton and Kranjcar. The money he did have to spend he blew on a player who couldn't play in the system he chose to stick to and not change at all. Sour grapes Mark, we go again as you liked to say.

Started well but his biggest problem was thinking he was manager if just another club.........big mistake. Sure we may not have the TV revenue of the teams down south but none of them match the expectation , history , and winning mentality that accompanies a club of our stature 

He couldn't see that and it was his downfall..........always remember him saying "it's just another game, 3 points up for grabs" when talking about the upcoming game against them.