Barisic

ForeverAndEver

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who is excusing him being a Rangers fan for being, in your opinion, mediocre?

Posts?

There was one yesterday saying he should start v Killie even if we know he won't set the heather alight because he'll motivate others instead. There's some itt saying stuff like 'Halliday gets it and that's the difference'. I get it, can I start at lb on wednesday? 

1 hour ago, Boyd9her said:

I always said that if Barasic is as good as people were making out then how the hell could be get him for 2 million. 

I don't understand your logic here at all.  That's like saying 'if Morelos is as good as everyone is making out then how did we get him for £1m?'.  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Well tell me this then, what has Halliday done that's made him better than Barisic this season?

Played better in the majority of games he’s started. Halliday had the same successful pass completion % as Carzola away to Villarreal, smashed 2 tarriers which set the tone in the most recent derby, and not forgetting his free kick against Dundee. Barisic has been brutal pretty much every time he’s played and the performance on Saturday was beyond a joke.

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Played better in the majority of games he’s started. Halliday had the same successful pass completion % as Carzola away to Villarreal, smashed 2 tarriers which set the tone in the most recent derby, and not forgetting his free kick against Dundee. Barisic has been brutal pretty much every time he’s played and the performance on Saturday was beyond a joke.

He had the same pass completion rate as someone? Barisic set up our equaliser in the same game. You could pick out most players from Saturday and say the same about their performance.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was one yesterday saying he should start v Killie even if we know he won't set the heather alight because he'll motivate others instead. There's some itt saying stuff like 'Halliday gets it and that's the difference'. I get it, can I start at lb on wednesday? 

That's a fair stretch from that to suggesting he's getting leeway because if his background, especially right now when it seems by and large there's no one doing what the Ferguson's, Browns, McCalls would have said and done on similar circumstances with their teammates.

So Halliday getting the passion, wanting to motivate others and be OK as a player is the same as us giving him leeway because of where he was born and knowledge of the sash as you originally stated?

Come on man.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did you clarify.?

I can think of a few but not all.  He did score a goal against us in Europe.  Then there was a free-kick against St.Mirren that resulted in a Connor Goldson goal.  The 3-3 game against Motherwell Barisic put two balls in from the left that resulted in goals for Lafferty and Ejaria.  Against Villareal he put the low cross in for Lafferty to make it 2-2.  There was also a corner that resulted in a goal during the Helsinki friendly.  Can't remember any other than that but some of those assists may have came from his time at Osijek if we're including the goal against us.  

24 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did you clarify.?

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

I can think of a few but not all.  He did score a goal against us in Europe.  Then there was a free-kick against St.Mirren that resulted in a Connor Goldson goal.  The 3-3 game against Motherwell Barisic put two balls in from the left that resulted in goals for Lafferty and Ejaria.  Against Villareal he put the low cross in for Lafferty to make it 2-2.  There was also a corner that resulted in a goal during the Helsinki friendly.  Can't remember any other than that but some of those assists may have came from his time at Osijek if we're including the goal against us.  

Assists. Just checked it back there and it does include two from Osijek - so that's five for us.

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Halliday should be starting because he’s been the better left back. No because he gets it or that.

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That's a fair stretch from that to suggesting he's getting leeway because if his background, especially right now when it seems by and large there's no one doing what the Ferguson's, Browns, McCalls would have said and done on similar circumstances with their teammates.

So Halliday getting the passion, wanting to motivate others and be OK as a player is the same as us giving him leeway because of where he was born and knowledge of the sash as you originally stated?

Come on man.

If he's delivering on the park then that's great but he doesn't improve us as a team by starting.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

How so? Going forward Halliday has scored two and created two in 28 games. Barisic scored one, created seven in 21 games (Both played a similar amount of minutes). Oter than a block against celtic, I really can't think of much Halliday has done at all. That Halliday keeps getting bombed out to fit Barisic in would suggest Gerrard believes he's been better also. It wasn't that long ago Gerrard preffered Flanagan over Halliday at LB so I'm not buying he's been our best there.

Apart from the block? He strolled the whole game fuck sake😂

A goal line clearance to keep us in the cup.

Just because Barisic can cross a ball occaisionally doesn’t mean he’s better.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd disagree and, judging by his selections, so does the manager.

Barasic should be the better left back. But this season Halliday has been the best performer in the position. 

We spent £5million (could be wrong) on Barasic, Grezda and Katic. None of the three have lived up to what we thought 4/5 months ago imo.

1 minute ago, Burts91 said:

Can anyone remember how shite Papac was before Smith came in and took over? I think theres a definite player in Barisic but he still seems to have to get used to the rough and tumble of Scottish football.

The ability is clearly there.  He started really brightly before being sidelined with injury.  It’s been a bit stop start for him in recent months.  He needs games.

I have no idea what’s going on with Katic and Grezda.  Family issues, not good enough, fuck knows.  

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He had the same pass completion rate as someone? Barisic set up our equaliser in the same game. You could pick out most players from Saturday and say the same about their performance.

Carzola = someone :lol: 

Not just Saturday he’s been poor, not been impressed with him at all.

He’s definitely a good player but he seems very 1 dimensional at the moment consistently crossing in his left needs to start cutting inside and mixing the attacks up.

Creativity seems to be the issue throughout the spine of the team.. nearly ever player will only do what they are comfortable doing apart from Kent & Morelos.