First season out of 10

Burts91

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I can see that you are so keep it up. I'm just being grumpy cos I'm clearing up a lot of reports that were sent re those posts...

Tbf only one of the us 2 actually came into the thread with the sole intent on acting the cunt and as far as I know never actually posted a single thing about the thread topic, that wasn't me btw.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Tbf only one of the us 2 actually came into the thread with the sole intent on acting the cunt and as far as I know never actually posted a single thing about the thread topic, that wasn't me btw.

Fine, nuff said.

On topic, I'll wait til end of season but for now he gets a 6. Rookie manager, has put a smile on our faces again at times but he does have a lot to learn and we are still very much a work in progress 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

In regards to this point, we had also just changed managers and a huge portion of the team.  The group stage teams all had bigger budgets and higher priced players.

I think we punched way above our weight.

We changed managers at the start of the season and started off fine, they changed managers during the campaign.

Well if we are using the budget logic then you would agree that domestically we are punching well below our weight? Got a feeling you will say no because we have the second highest budget and we are second place but we should be doing better against the other sides in the league and the less said about the cups the better.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Grass.

Snitches get stitches

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Fine, nuff said.

On topic, I'll wait til end of season but for now he gets a 6. Rookie manager, has put a smile on our faces again at times but he does have a lot to learn and we are still very much a work in progress 

:tu:

I think a 6 is the maximum he can achieve this season, unless the beggars collapse and we do the unthinkable.

I'd be happy with another old firm win and a strong finish in the league but looking at it now i'm not exactly confident.

He has given us some memorable matches, I'll never forget the day we finally beat the beggars and my boy told me it was the best day of his life and the Euro home games were great aswell, really thought we were going places but walking out Ibrox recently, after St Johnstone/Sheep/Kilmarnock games looking at my boy absolutely raging I can't help but feel let down.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

We changed managers at the start of the season and started off fine, they changed managers during the campaign.

Well if we are using the budget logic then you would agree that domestically we are punching well below our weight? Got a feeling you will say no because we have the second highest budget and we are second place but we should be doing better against the other sides in the league and the less said about the cups the better.

Better than 8 points clear?

The cup results were pish.

A solid but disappointing 6. 

Decent enough foundations for next year. Needed a cup though impo.

Even though we seem to have put our eggs in one basket I'd want to see significant improvement by next Christmas or think about sacking him, the honeymoon period is well and truly over.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Better than 8 points clear?

The cup results were pish.

Yes, better than 8 points clear. Beating teams at Ibrox should be expected at least and Gerrard himself said earlier in the season "we shouldn't need to work that hard to win at places like this" talking after beating St Johnstone in Perth before drawing with them at Ibrox.

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes, better than 8 points clear. Beating teams at Ibrox should be expected at least and Gerrard himself said earlier in the season "we shouldn't need to work that hard to win at places like this" talking after beating St Johnstone in Perth before drawing with them at Ibrox.

If it was based on budgets and turnover, then the league is right though. Celtics is three times ours and ours is probably three times Aberdeen, so I'm not sure where you're getting the expectations from. 

I've not expected to beat any team in about 8 years tbh, you just don't know what team will turn up. 

20 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

If it was based on budgets and turnover, then the league is right though. Celtics is three times ours and ours is probably three times Aberdeen, so I'm not sure where you're getting the expectations from. 

I've not expected to beat any team in about 8 years tbh, you just don't know what team will turn up. 

My reply to Gogzy did say that, but I would still expect to be beating teams like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone at Ibrox for the season to be classed in any way a success, the odd draw is always bound to happen tho tbf.

I expected to beat most teams as we rose through the leagues, the lowest point ever for me was losing to Annan at Ibrox, we have picked up a bit since then.

Listen, it's all about opinions and if you are happy with it then that's fine, I just feel let down after the early promise we showed.

47 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Well yes I think 2nd place is perfectly in line with where we should be.  The euro run gave us perhaps too much hope that we would do better in the league, and also beating them and being top of the league for a moment. Given our budget, we probably should be a little further away from 3rd place. 

I honestly think that 2nd is fair for our position.  No argument from me on the cup games,  the ones we got put out in were terrible.  We did play some really good football in a some of the cup games until our exit, beat killie 5-0 IIRC, which is no easy feat as they are one of the best defensive sides in the league.

It's the hope that kills us, I think we have done ok this season so far.  not much more than ok though.

Archived