First season out of 10

Burts91

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say 6.5. 7 or over would have been a cup win.

The qualification for Europe knocks it over a 5 as it rightly should. The importance of Europe medium to long term for the club is extremely important especially if we want to compete with celtic year in year out again.

Europe shouldn't have been seen as a distraction as it means more income for the club which can attract better players who want to show themselves in Europe and increases the type of player we can get financially and that can only help us win a league title.

Cup defeats can happen. Better Rangers sides have lost to worse teams that this current Aberdeen side (99/00 in the LC at Pittodrie being the best example). However, to get knocked out to them twice and over 3 games is extremely frustrating. When was the last time Rangers got knocked out both cups by the same club that wasn't celtic?

For me the defence has improved and that was something we all wanted to see despite the loss in form of some in the backline. We've turned losses into draws and this has helped us get to at least second for now. My own expectation was 2nd this season.

Big summer ahead for the manager as we need to improve in the final third, but for me we're half way there when it comes winning the league.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes I'm hanging around just to wait for you to respond, aye? Jesus wept!

As for Gerrard didn't back stab any cunt. As useless as Murtie was, it wasn't their place place to step in. They again caused the media frenzy that followed, creating more shite for the club. As for Windass, absolute dross, but possibly better than Tav.

Gerrard a rookie manager giving it his best in his rookie season, yet thread on thread of negativity and hate. Some would be better thought of if they just came out with it, instead of the usual snakes belly pish.

Gerrard IS the last throw of the dice, get used to it or forever be malcontent.

Quote 1 single post in this thread that contains any 'hate' towards Gerrard.

14 minutes ago, the drummer said:

Make me knobhead come on you fucking mug 

Yassss fucking burst him

Domestically I'd say 5 out of 10 at the absolute fucking maximum. Our results against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock (especially the game straight after the break) Hibs and St Johnstone have ruined the whole season.

No point in beating the scum in the manner we did if we continue to drop points against all the other dross.

Cups - brutal. Looks like we weren't taking them seriously and it all just felt a bit weird. I genuinely never felt like we were truly interested in them. 

Could have done without the European run to be honest. It was a complete distraction. Good for us as the support but far too early for the management and players.

I expect us to progress with Gerrard going in to next season and look forward to seeing our recruitment in the summer.

I just can't shake this feeling of what might have been this season. Burst ye.

8 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Aye those European powerhouses of Shkupi, Osijek, Ufa and Maribor... our group littered with clubs in absolute turmoil and we couldn’t get through.

People are putting far too much into our European run. It was nice, but I’d expect to beat every single side we came up against in qualifying and MORE than we achieved in the groups all things considered with our opponents. Must have been the worst Spartak side of my lifetime.

Why would assume any European team would be easy, geez we play in one of the poorest leagues in Europe as was evident when the Hillman Imps beat the farriers.  Other European leagues have improved while Scottish football has stood still or even regressed as can be seen by the dismal national side as well as the lack of quality Scottish players in the EPL.  European teams even ones from the minnow countries piss themselves when they are drawn against teams from jockoland.   Teams quoted by you, iirc, have beaten Aberdeen, Hibs and hearts over recent seasons.

A strong finish in the league taking 4 or 6 points from our games with them would elevate it to a 7. But an absolute maximum of 7 barring the unthinkable.

But it's a season of missed opportunity and not learning from mistakes/knowing how to come up with answers.

Those cunts were there for the taking and we've completely fucked it.

We couldn't capitalise in the league when the leaders lost their manager and we couldn't capitalise in Europe when our group opponents all changed manager.

Put out both cups by a team who is managed by a manager roundly ridiculed on here ever since he knocked back the job.

It's really been a disaster of a season to be perfectly honest, the Scottish cup would have been a decent return and getting a lot closer in the league would have been ok to build on. 

People keep saying the beggars have a big rebuilding job in the summer but judging by Gerrards comments about the players he can trust I think we will have just as much re-building to do.

At the start of the season we really excelled, looked a solid unit with players willing to put themselves on the line for the team and our pressing game was great to watch as teams struggled to cope. That's totally changed, players have went into their shells and are playing within themselves, I think that's down to the manager to find out why and get it sorted. We can use the excuse about teams parking the bus and getting physical but they were doing that earlier in the season and we harrassed the life out of them and pressured them into mistakes, that's hardly ever happening now.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

We couldn't capitalise in the league when the leaders lost their manager and we couldn't capitalise in Europe when our group opponents all changed manager.

Put out both cups by a team who is managed by a manager roundly ridiculed on here ever since he knocked back the job.

It's really been a disaster of a season to be perfectly honest, the Scottish cup would have been a decent return and getting a lot closer in the league would have been ok to build on. 

People keep saying the beggars have a big rebuilding job in the summer but judging by Gerrards comments about the players he can trust I think we will have just as much re-building to do.

At the start of the season we really excelled, looked a solid unit with players willing to put themselves on the line for the team and our pressing game was great to watch as teams struggled to cope. That's totally changed, players have went into their shells and are playing within themselves, I think that's down to the manager to find out why and get it sorted. We can use the excuse about teams parking the bus and getting physical but they were doing that earlier in the season and we harrassed the life out of them and pressured them into mistakes, that's hardly ever happening now.

They've drawn once since he left.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

They've drawn once since he left.

Yes and our form has been horrific, we have had the chance to put pressure on them again since he left and we have failed to do so.

We needed to win our games and keep close because they were notoriously known as bottle merchants, it's us who have bottled it though.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Can I remind posters that spamming is not allowed. Bronzy, Plumbger, away and get a room and enough of this tedious, still waiting push. 

If you care to read the thread you will see I'm discussing the topic, you might want to warn the member of staff who was happily playing along earlier.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes and our form has been horrific, we have had the chance to put pressure on them again since he left and we have failed to do so.

We needed to win our games and keep close because they were notoriously known as bottle merchants, it's us who have bottled it though.

In reality we've had the opportunity to close the gap once. 

They've scored 2 last gasp winners. One on a night we had a very routine win. Them.beating hearts away probably sealed it for them. When they drew with Aberdeen after we had drawn with hibs that was the only opportunity we could have had to "capitalise on their manager leaving" as you said earlier 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

If you care to read the thread you will see I'm discussing the topic, you might want to warn the member of staff who was happily playing along earlier.

I can see that you are so keep it up. I'm just being grumpy cos I'm clearing up a lot of reports that were sent re those posts...

32 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

In regards to this point, we had also just changed managers and a huge portion of the team.  The group stage teams all had bigger budgets and higher priced players.

I think we punched way above our weight.

Archived