The wage thief.

Virtuoso

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Wallace is a Rangers player who could at any time walk away or ask for a transfer to another team. He knows as well as we all do that he won't get a better payday anywhere else so is riding it out until his contract expires. Not saying i blame him, but if we are looking at wage thieves he is pretty high up the list. 

He could, but maybe just maybe he wants to play, and he should get a game.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Has this become actual fact now ? I think it must be the only thing he did right since 2012 , if he did it at all . And there is absolutely no record he did . It is hearsay

Really ? That’s what your going with? 

Ffs! 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe he'll offer to play for free next season if we extend his contract and give him a game...

I'd forgive him if he had given us a fraction of what Ally did over the years but he never.

20 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

355 goals.

What more can one guy do.

I've been annoyed and frustrated by Ally since he became manager but I let bygones be bygones and just admire him now for his outstanding contribution to our club.

The mans a greedy bassa but I forgive him - thanks to those 355 goals and stack of silverware he helped bring to the club.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Underperformance personified. 

People seem to re-write history with him as being superb through the lower leagues, one decent season in the championship is all I can remember of him being good.

He was carrying a bit of extra timber at one point and everything points that to being a poor pro.

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not the same though is it? 

Wallace is a Rangers player, McCoist albeit on gardening leave sat on his arse doing fuck all after failing and at the time giving some of the worst results and signings in the clubs history.

One sacrificed his prime years and an international career to play in the worst leagues in Europe, McCoist managed the club, not the same.

1-0 me, again.

Wallace has sat on his arse pulling a wage for some time now

If he requested a transfer in January he would be going probably down a league and on a pittance. 

He’s looking after his family by not requesting a transfer   

He sacrificed nothing Btw staying at Rangers nothing  - close to Edinburgh his home and on decent money playing against some plumbers and that, fuck sake that’s a dream 

Who’d blame him. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wallace has sat on his arse pulling a wage for some time now

If he requested a transfer in January he would be going probably down a league and on a pittance. 

He’s looking after his family by not requesting a transfer   

He sacrificed nothing Btw staying at Rangers nothing  - close to Edinburgh his home and on decent money playing against some plumbers and that, fuck sake that’s a dream 

Who’d blame him. 

Why did all the ‘good’ players fuck off then? 

Their career. Another victory has been claimed by myself.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They had offers with more money 

Wallace didn’t 

4-0 me (hatrick and a penalty)

I’m not blaming him btw. He did the right thing for his family 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Money was a big part of it. Particularly for their agents of the ones who refused to TUPE over. An unexpected chance to negotiate a new deal elsewhere as a free agent with a hefty percentage of it going into the agent's pocket helps. That's why Whittaker and Naismith had their presser together - they shared an agent and his eyes were filled with pound signs.

55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He couldn't walk away as he had a legally binding contract with the club which stipulated a 12-month notice period (which he spent on gardening leave). The club confirmed that in a statement at the time.

Being employed by Rangers wouldn't have stopped him from getting into TV work. It would only require the club to give him approval to do so (such as we do with current employees who appear on TV regularly like Kevin Thomson) or have an agreement in place which allows him to take on other additional work which isn't in conflict with his role at the club.

Again, he did walk away when he tendered his resignation. No matter what point in time he gave it, he was still obliged to fulfil a 12-month notice period. After winning the league in the previous two seasons then I don't understand why people think he would have resigned before he did.

What is the relevance of the wage of a manager at a part-time team with an average gate of a few hundred and miniscule turnover compared to the manager of a full-time club with 50,000 through the gates every week. Do you think we should have been paying third division wages?

You stated his net worth from some unsourced website whih claims it has risen from $10 million to $10million so it is pretty hard to take seriously.

Do you or don’t you think McCoist at that time had more money than the wee Rangers Media poster you asked if he’d work for free? What’s the likelihood you were talking to a multi-millionaire?

Even if the figure quoted on that website is $5m dollars out, I still think McCoist is doing very well for himself.

Therefore your point is as blunt as a very blunt thing that’s been blunted by the tides of time just as my interest in this stupid argument. But I guess that’s what you do to people, pick at the bones of an argument while forgetting the meat is actually what matters. In the end your original point was rediculous and the only way out you found was to change the original question as it suited you. :lol:

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

They had offers with more money 

Wallace didn’t 

4-0 me (hatrick and a penalty)

I’m not blaming him btw. He did the right thing for his family 

I’m still winning. 

We’re often told they were international players who would never have played in division three. 

Wallace done right by Rangers. Wallace is a Rangers legend 🙂

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Money was a big part of it. Particularly for their agents of the ones who refused to TUPE over. An unexpected chance to negotiate a new deal elsewhere as a free agent with a hefty percentage of it going into the agent's pocket helps. That's why Whittaker and Naismith had their presser together - they shared an agent and his eyes were filled with pound signs.

Partly, I’d agree.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Do you or don’t you think McCoist at that time had more money than the wee Rangers Media poster you asked if he’d work for free? What’s the likelihood you were talking to a multi-millionaire? 

Even if the figure quoted on that website is $5m dollars out, I still think McCoist is doing very well for himself.

Therefore your point is as blunt as a very blunt thing that’s been blunted by the tides of time just as my interest in this stupid argument. But I guess that’s what you do to people, pick at the bones of an argument while forgetting the meat is actually what matters. In the end your original point was rediculous and the only way out you found was to change the original question as it suited you. :lol:

Other than a tiny number of posters, I have literally no idea who posts on here. If you'd said a 10 years ago we'd have had a couple of Rangers directors posting on here then it would have been utterly mental but here we are with two former Rangers directors having been former posters. I'm aware of at least one current first-team player who is a former poster on here too so unless they are one of the few posters (like myself) whose 'true name' is known, then I have no idea anybody on here's financial position one way or the other.

Nobody is doubting he's done not bad for himself but then doing well for yourself doesn't exclude you from making more money.

Do you think we should have been paying wages in keeping with the other sides in Division Three? (Despite the fact that McCoist and anyone else who TUPE'd over had their t&c's legally protected from 12 months after the transfer)

23 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Said it a million times but I've managed to completely separate the current Ally from the younger player version, to the point it's literally like two different people :lol:

I tend to just think of this version when I hear his name nowadays and I completely ignore the BT Sport's Ally

I was just starting primary school when he was just hanging up his boots so it’s much easier for me to separate ‘super Ally’ and Ally McCoist the money driven mouthpiece, unfortunately. Even watching the nine in a row years on VHS growing up I never got the love for him that most did. Laudrup, Gazza, Gough, Ferguson, McCall etc always came before McCoist. His happy-clappy, cheeky-chappy personality never done much to sway me either, always felt it came across fake as fuck. 

31 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

People seem to re-write history with him as being superb through the lower leagues, one decent season in the championship is all I can remember of him being good.

He was carrying a bit of extra timber at one point and everything points that to being a poor pro.

He's always looked a bit wooden to me. Sort of player who would do well for Motherwell. I just think all the best to lads like him for sticking by the club even if they were paid too much. 

3 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

He's always looked a bit wooden to me. Sort of player who would do well for Motherwell. I just think all the best to lads like him for sticking by the club even if they were paid too much. 

I don't wish him any harm mate, don't get me wrong.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Other than a tiny number of posters, I have literally no idea who posts on here. If you'd said a 10 years ago we'd have had a couple of Rangers directors posting on here then it would have been utterly mental but here we are with two former Rangers directors having been former posters. I'm aware of at least one current first-team player who is a former poster on here too so unless they are one of the few posters (like myself) whose 'true name' is known, then I have no idea anybody on here's financial position one way or the other.

Nobody is doubting he's done not bad for himself but then doing well for yourself doesn't exclude you from making more money.

Do you think we should have been paying wages in keeping with the other sides in Division Three? (Despite the fact that McCoist and anyone else who TUPE'd over had their t&c's legally protected from 12 months after the transfer)

No I do not, we should have paid more because we make more and should be trying to entertain the fans more as they turn up in their thousands. That doesn’t mean we pay a rookie manager a wage to manage in the lowest league teir in Scotland an amount that dwarfs Scottish first teir manager wages especially when that manager fails in entertaining the fans and eventually fails to get promoted to the premier league.

Did you answer my question regarding McCoist wages and the 2nd highest wage in the league? 

Fact is like LeGuen he should have walked away, he didn’t he kept pulling in the cash while under-performing. He could have agreed with the club to mutually terminate his contract early and walk away with some dignity-he chose not to.

You want to ask me if I would have done the same? Unfair question because, as a fan - like McCoist says he is, I’d work as Rangers manager for an absolute pittance. It would be my dream... just like McCoist said it was. Would I do it? No. Why? I do not have the ability and know my weaknesses.

So let’s change this to another non comparible discussion. I get paid handsomely for what I do, I hate my work but even still I would walk away if I felt I was unable to work safely or if my collegues wanted rid of me because of poor performance. I’ve done it before and I’d do it again. I know I can walk into a lot of workplaces and get taken on, my bank balances are healthy.

As I said, I hate my work, however I do it because I’m not talented enough to do something I love and I’ve got myself stuck down a career path i should never have taken. I have to deal with that.

But what of McCoist?

He loves Rangers 

How could he not have walked away if he saw the reaction of the fans, his own poor performance and how much money he was taking from a financially fucked business?

£££

Thats why

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

From @backup above:

So he quit gardening leave only after coming under criticism - so what was stopping him quitting gardening leave after one week? 

Just another one who rode the gravy train and milked it for all he could.

As a comparison Paul Le Guen walked away for nothing.

Apologies missed out..."Two days later, on January 4, 2007, in a meeting at the Norton House Hotel near Edinburgh Airport, the marriage between le Guen and Rangers was formally annulled. He declined a pay-off".

Archived