Hastie Signs

stuart1994

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I think you state mate that he doesn’t write it.  Is he following a cue card?  Maybe I misconstrued you. Correct me if I’m wrong. He’s still a tit. 

These ex players sit with a journalist type and basically rabble shite in their own words ie "he's pish" or "that managers a wank" and bla bla bla. The journalist then has to shape it in to some sort of passable piece of writing. Polishing shite doesn't work so I probably agree with you actually lol

Edit: I don't think he's a tit though.

4 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

These ex players sit with a journalist type and basically rabble shite in their own words ie "he's pish" or "that managers a wank" and bla bla bla. The journalist then has to shape it in to some sort of passable piece of writing. Polishing shite doesn't work so I probably agree with you actually lol

Edit: I don't think he's a tit though.

Fair enough mate. 

38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Took it as transfer and not wages etc.

Or if you just try and follow the opinion to greet about everything for the sake of it, it gets boring.

You’ve just defined yourself. 

You greet in every thread about everyone in every thread having a greet. 

Don't have a problem with what Ferguson said, beyond disagreeing. He's right about playing games, but the lad has a bank balance to think about amongst other things.

Clearly Fergie's giving his view from a Hastie perspective in that portion of the discussion, as opposed to a Rangers one. He's not there to be a Rangers cheerleader.

18 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't have a problem with what Ferguson said, beyond disagreeing. He's right about playing games, but the lad has a bank balance to think about amongst other things.

Clearly Fergie's giving his view from a Hastie perspective in that portion of the discussion, as opposed to a Rangers one. He's not there to be a Rangers cheerleader.

You’re right mate. He’s also not there to question the young man’s decision to further his career. It’s the boy’s choice and fuck all to do with Ferguson’s opinion. 

Of course it is. Anyone can have an opinion on what they would do in his shoes though. It's not like no one ever discusses what they think a young player should do. Discussing such things is normal in football, but suddenly it's bad because Fersuson has such an imput? Hmm.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Of course it is. Anyone can have an opinion on what they would do in his shoes though. It's not like no one ever discusses what they think a young player should do. Discussing such things is normal in football, but suddenly it's bad because Fersuson has such an imput? Hmm.

What’s your opinion on this then? I would probably respect your opinion more than Ferguson’s. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

What’s your opinion on this then? I would probably respect your opinion more than Ferguson’s. 

Hm, thanks. I disagree with him. He'll earn 4 or 5 x what he'd get at Motherwell with us if quoted figures are right. Can't turn that down.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

The problem us, you very, very rarely get a tim criticising a new signing for them, regardless of lack of experience. 

As soon as we do the uncle Tom's all pop out of the woodwork to criticise the decision. It is just bullshit. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

The problem us, you very, very rarely get a tim criticising a new signing for them, regardless of lack of experience. 

As soon as we do the uncle Tom's all pop out of the woodwork to criticise the decision. It is just bullshit. 

I don't take it as a criticism of us or our signing as much as a 'I'd prefer young guys to do it differently'. Which is fair enough. Personally I prefer reasonable criticism and objectivity to yes men. Tims are welcome to it. Fergie does the fan/ex-players bit as well at times, but clearly won't let it cause him to say shit he doesn't believe or withold opinion. I'm fine with that. 

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I don't take it as a criticism of us or our signing as much as a 'I'd prefer young guys to do it differently'. Which is fair enough. Personally I prefer reasonable criticism and objectivity to yes men. Tims are welcome to it. Fergie does the fan/ex-players bit as well at times, but clearly won't let it cause him to say shit he doesn't believe or withold opinion. I'm fine with that. 

Fair do's on that, I personally think whether it is a negative slant on a news story or aggressively 'big bad Rangers' we rarely have our own defend us, quick to point the finger and blame. It isn't the first time with Barry otherwise I would probably be taken in the context you suggest.