Hastie Signs

stuart1994

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Hastie is a near six foot powerfully built winger and because of the success of Bale and Ronaldo they are all the rage at the moment.

You only have to look at somebody like Oliver Burke who had two multi million pound moves now just because he was big powerful and quick to see how in demand players of that ilk are.

We are picking up a young player with those traits for next to nothing. If we can develop him and build on those traits then we will end up with a valuable player both of the park and off the park.

It’s a good signing IMO.

Copy and Paste. 

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Hastie is a near six foot tall powerfully built winger and because of the success of Bale and Ronaldo they are all the rage at the moment.

You only have to look at somebody like Oliver Burke who has had two multi million pound moves now just because he was big powerful and quick to see how in demand players of that ilk are.

We are picking up a young player with those traits for next to nothing. If we can develop him and build on those traits then we will end up with a valuable player both of the park and off the park.

It’s a good signing IMO.

Sensible post.

Hopefully he'll be as mediocre a signing from a wee diddy club as Glen Kamara has proven..

3 of my all time 4 favourite players were signed from wee Scots teams, one from St Johnstone, 1 from Motherwell and 1 from Kilmarnock

(The fourth of my four favourite players was Sandy Jardine.)

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

I am amazed at a lot of comments from posters regarding signings like Hastie and Jones....it's almost like people have no faith in Gerrard and his coaching team to develop them into being better players...morelos is the perfect example....we all could see he had talent but in truth his finishing was very rough round the edges.....whilst not being able to curb the discipline issues not one person can deny his improvement as a player and more composed finisher 

Give the management team a chance to develop and nurture these players...the reality is that it's costing us 1million less on what we spent on Grezda....it won't be the end of the world if they don't cut it...I still expect 4 decent quality players  to come in also

Good post 

48 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Hopefully he'll be as mediocre a signing from a wee diddy club as Glen Kamara has proven..

3 of my all time 4 favourite players were signed from wee Scots teams, one from St Johnstone, 1 from Motherwell and 1 from Kilmarnock

(The fourth of my four favourite players was Sandy Jardine.)

Didn't do too bad with a winger from Clydebank many years ago either

Barry really is turning into a media whore these days. What’s to say Hastie doesn’t end up being a big player for us? Like Kamara?

Jones and Hastie add speed and power in forward areas and whilst I’m yet to be convinced on him... Stewart adds a bit of creativity. One would assume the three will be on relatively low wages too and could probably fill places on our bench at worst or be able replacements. 

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I am amazed at a lot of comments from posters regarding signings like Hastie and Jones....it's almost like people have no faith in Gerrard and his coaching team to develop them into being better players...morelos is the perfect example....we all could see he had talent but in truth his finishing was very rough round the edges.....whilst not being able to curb the discipline issues not one person can deny his improvement as a player and more composed finisher 

Give the management team a chance to develop and nurture these players...the reality is that it's costing us 1million less on what we spent on Grezda....it won't be the end of the world if they don't cut it...I still expect 4 decent quality players  to come in also

Jones is literally garbage.