Steven Davis

1 minute ago, BF1 said:

For the most part I agree with you. 

Addmitedly when Defoe and Davis joined I thought they would be poor signings that would just eat up our wage budget, glad to see both have proved me wrong. Come next season I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a clear first choice for Defoe and Davis positions. Amazing to be able to say that after years of no competition for places. 

Tbf I've been disappointed with defoe in particular. Given his previous I genuinely thought he was going to come in and score literally every game and be the dif between silly narrow defeats and stupid draws and bang in 15-20 goals similar to what that Keane guy did for them. 8 goals isn't too bad I suppose and will be interesting to see how he goes next season but as a lone striker I think kills what he is all about

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf I've been disappointed with defoe in particular. Given his previous I genuinely thought he was going to come in and score literally every game and be the dif between silly narrow defeats and stupid draws and bang in 15-20 goals similar to what that Keane guy did for them. 8 goals isn't too bad I suppose and will be interesting to see how he goes next season but as a lone striker I think kills what he is all about

Think he could of been around the 15-20 goal mark if he was here from the beginning. Wasn't amazed with him early on, but I guess it would be hard for a player that's not started much in recent seasons to hit the ground running. Assuming he doesn't slack during the off season, think we will get a big season out of him next year. 

Either way, much better having him over Laffers. 

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

so 8 goals in about 6 starts and scoring the only goal of the game sunday, isn't scoring "literally" every game or being the difference between a draw and a win??

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Impressive 😂

People were jizzing themselves before him, McGregor and Lafferty had even played

But when we actually saw him play most were saying he’s shite finished, end the loan deal early etc

So there has been a change, and for him to turn that round is impressive.

Find a picture of Davis and gee it a sneaky wee kiss. You’ll instantly feel better, no one will know and it’s no gay at all.

Just now, mus said:

so 8 goals in about 6 starts and scoring the only goal of the game sunday, isn't scoring "literally" every game or being the difference between a draw and a win??

OK u got me, but how did he do in the must win games when the pressure was on before we fucked the old firm game? I my point being a guy who is allegedly getting the wages he is should be scoring, given the chances he gets at least a goal every single game if not more and for me the alleged outlay is not worth what he offers.

Opinions differ tho and happy to come back in 12 months when he is regularly the dif in the big games vs they cunts the sheep etc and we win some trophies and defoe has made the dif. 

38 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Trust me mate I'm one of the few who would rather he wasn't here but that's another story/argument. But yeah If most are pinning our hopes on him and especially defoe for a big challenge next season then many will be disappointed. 

:thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

But when we actually saw him play most were saying he’s shite finished, end the loan deal early etc ..... 👍

So there has been a change, and for him to turn that round is impressive ....... most definitely .......👍

Find a picture of Davis and gee it a sneaky wee kiss. You’ll instantly feel better, no one will know and it’s no gay at all.

:mutley:

....... close your eyes too ..... then the pretence is complete ..... :p:

:UK: