Steven Davis

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

A couple of bang average 6/10 performances have won this clown a contract, we’re still a shambles and we’ll win fuck all with him in any starting lineup 

Don't think he'll start every game fs. He will be a very very useful squad player. Gerrard will pick and choose the right games where he is involved and I'm willing to bet we will win the vast majority of them. 

Pipe doon. 

Could provide some experience and help the younger ones understand the pressures of playing for Rangers, other than that don't really expect him to start a lot of games next season.  Maybe cup games, injury/suspension cover or to give someone a rest.

He's here now whether we like it or not .... so I hope he plays his part in the midfield when required .... he is talented and in his past couple of games he has played really well .... if he carries his form forward into next season then he will have done what he was brought in for ..... he is just one part of the team/squad .... so not worried to the extent we will be over reliant on him alone ..... the summer incoming signings will be what defines whether Davis is used frequently or not I think.

:UK:

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

He's here now whether we like it or not .... so I hope he plays his part in the midfield when required .... he is talented and in his past couple of games he has played really well .... if he carries his form forward into next season then he will have done what he was brought in for ..... he is just one part of the team/squad .... so not worried to the extent we will be over reliant on him alone ..... the summer incoming signings will be what defines whether Davis is used frequently or not I think.

:UK:

Sensible post Bobby...........just like to add that  I think this is a good piece of business by the club...... Davis has a wealth of experience playing in the EPL and for Rangers in his first spell at the club - which could be priceless over the course of the season.

Think he’s a low risk signing. He knows what the fans want and unfortunately for us and him he came to us having been dropped from the Southampton squad like Defoe was at Bournemouth. So with that in mind how we can expect such players to hit the ground running in every game just because of their name shows supporters up for what we are.  Clueless when it comes to the ins and outs of football fitness.

even when Davis arrived he started the 1 st game but more and more we’d see him get 30 mins here and there until Gerrard started him again and give him upto 80 mins.  It makes a difference long term. As we’ve seen with Defoe these last few games aswell.   I’m not saying Davis is the man to win is the league but he could easily be part of a bigger rebuild.

Another mediocre signing who is probably been paid a good few quid. Obviously we will have to wait until the summer for quality signings now that we have signed up Jones, Hastie and Davis.