Steven Davis

8 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Soon as he got up to match fitness he’s been excellent past few games the midfield of him jack and Kamara works gonna need all these midfielders for next season, Gdańsk. And 55

If we go into next season with the 3 of them in midfield there wont be any 55.

As long as he’s being signed as a squad player, as competition or back up to jack and kamara then I think it’s a really good signing. I just hope he’s not being signed to accompany those two in midfield and we’re going to bring in someone with real quality as an attacking midfielder which is probably the position we most desperately need to challenge for the title.

Co-incidence I suppose that his form takes a noticeable uptick the closer it got to the end of the season and the end of his loan spell where the need to sort out future wage packet starts to come a bit more important perhaps.   Also when the pressure was gone of having to play well to stay in proper contention for the league.     It's up to Gerrard of course to manage the player next season in such a way that the very recent form is maintained or improved.  We'll see how that turns out.  

16 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Co-incidence I suppose that his form takes a noticeable uptick the closer it got to the end of the season and the end of his loan spell where the need to sort out future wage packet starts to come a bit more important perhaps.   Also when the pressure was gone of having to play well to stay in proper contention for the league.     It's up to Gerrard of course to manage the player next season in such a way that the very recent form is maintained or improved.  We'll see how that turns out.  

Nothing to do with his fitness improving RB? Gerrard said Davis (and Defoe) would play a significant part in the run in once he'd got up to match fitness. He was right.......

Gerrard has suggested that he has seen 'unbelievable quality' from both players, but has also seen that they are 'not super match fit', meaning their training sessions have been key to getting them closer to full sharpness.

“They have got unbelievable quality on the football pitch,” said Gerrard. “We knew that was not going to be a worry for us and that they are two good people and two good professionals. The key thing for us is for them to get used to their teammates, used to the patterns of play and how we want to play and get them up to speed that way.”

“The important thing is for us to build them up physically as well as they are not super match fit because they have not played many games. They are fit and they are able to train, but we want to get them up to speed with the rest of the group because the rest of this group are very fit, as we’ve showed that for six months. It’s been one of our strengths. We have really shown energy for 90 minutes, so when we get Jermain and Steven up to speed they will be two really big, big plusses in the squad,” he added.

25 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Or maybe he’s up to speed now ? 

Always amaze myself how much I under appreciate actual match fitness.

For a flabby cunt like me I have always just thought that pro players are always at a high level of fitness and can get by even at 80%.

Davis is clearly coming up to speed and it's showing.

And there was me straight out with the old ah he's finished, legs are gone get him to fuck routine 😂

Will prove to be an important player for us next season. Happy with this.