Giovanni van Bronckhorst interview

jintybear

22 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

SG here for 4 years and then moves on to Liverpool. GVB as his replacement, makes sense. 

If Klopp leaves within 2yrs, imo he will go to Munich, or Spain - then SG will be strongly linked, depending on how much challenge and silverware we get next season

I can’t quite put my finger on it but for some bizarre reason I feel we need a British Manager and I feel we need one that understands intrinsically what Rangers is about. 

Gerrard works because the environment at Liverpool is very similar. Warburton didn’t work because he never “got it”. He could mimic it, he could trot out the words parrot fashion. But he never felt it. 

Our managerial shopping list should be filtered to British, working class background, steeped in football, with a passion for winning, forged in the culture of moral fortitude and with a level of intelligence and understanding of the modern game. 

Right now I would have someone like Kevin Thomson being groomed to replace Gerrard if he chooses to leave at the end of his current deal. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

I can’t quite put my finger on it but for some bizarre reason I feel we need a British Manager and I feel we need one that understands intrinsically what Rangers is about. 

Gerrard works because the environment at Liverpool is very similar. Warburton didn’t work because he never “got it”. He could mimic it, he could trot out the words parrot fashion. But he never felt it. 

Our managerial shopping list should be filtered to British, working class background, steeped in football, with a passion for winning, forged in the culture of moral fortitude and with a level of intelligence and understanding of the modern game. 

Right now I would have someone like Kevin Thomson being groomed to replace Gerrard if he chooses to leave at the end of his current deal. 

You named a player that doesn’t fit what you said before. As there is nothing to suggest KT fits the majority of those attributes 

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You named a player that doesn’t fit what you said before. As there is nothing to suggest KT fits the majority of those attributes 

He is British. Gets what it means to be a winner at Rangers. Has a passion for it. He is intelligent and is forging a solid career as a youth coach. Which attributes is he missing 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

He is British. Gets what it means to be a winner at Rangers. Has a passion for it. He is intelligent and is forging a solid career as a youth coach. Which attributes is he missing 

Put in Dutch and take out youth and you have GVB.  And on a sidenote what a fucking player her was always thought he was wasted after he left us cause he never played cm at arsenal or barca

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

He was half decent with us and won four trophies. Apart from that he’s been injury prone most his career and won nothing else with anybody.   Hardly a born winner now is he?

Cracking article..... nice to hear he remembers the club and our fans so fondly.

He was some player........and I  wouldn't mind seeing him in the managers chair when SG's tenure is over...... but hopefully that's a few years down the line.

48 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He was half decent with us and won four trophies. Apart from that he’s been injury prone most his career and won nothing else with anybody.   Hardly a born winner now is he?

Thought he was excellent for us and often tipped to be a future captain. He won 5 major trophies in 3 years and then moved on before his knees turned to toffee. 

I think he would tick most of the boxes. 

I also was using him as an example, fine if you don't agree with the individual. I was espousing an opinion on the characteristics required of our manager. Particularly I was expressing my bewilderment at my own gut feel that our manager should be British. 

14 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Thought he was excellent for us and often tipped to be a future captain. He won 5 major trophies in 3 years and then moved on before his knees turned to toffee. 

I think he would tick most of the boxes. 

I also was using him as an example, fine if you don't agree with the individual. I was espousing an opinion on the characteristics required of our manager. Particularly I was expressing my bewilderment at my own gut feel that our manager should be British. 

I just thought it was a slightly odd choice tbf. But each to their own I suppose 

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wit? Up there with one of the most mental posts I’ve seen on here. He played over 100 games for Barcelona in the three seasons he was there. The guy that ‘never won anything else’ actually won a champions league, UEFA cup and UEFA cup winners cup 🤣. He also won a vast array of domestic trophies throughout his career. He also played 106 times for the shitty footballing nation Holland. 

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Wit? Up there with one of the most mental posts I’ve seen on here. He played over 100 games for Barcelona in the three seasons he was there. The guy that ‘never won anything else’ actually won a champions league, UEFA cup and UEFA cup winners cup 🤣. He also won a vast array of domestic trophies throughout his career. He also played 106 times for the shitty footballing nation Holland. 

No this is one of the most mentalist posts on here

Wrong 

😂

But seriously we need to start hoping that people like KT, McCann, Kenny Miller & even Lee Wallace carry on showing an interest in coaching/managing.

Ultimately i’d love for us to see enough well spoken and intelligent people who get the club involved in coaching/managing with the idea of eventually reaching a point where we can initially look to our own when we need managers in the future.