Jump to content

Giovanni van Bronckhorst interview


jintybear
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

SG here for 4 years and then moves on to Liverpool. GVB as his replacement, makes sense. 

 

If Klopp leaves within 2yrs, imo he will go to Munich, or Spain - then SG will be strongly linked, depending on how much challenge and silverware we get next season

jintybear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t quite put my finger on it but for some bizarre reason I feel we need a British Manager and I feel we need one that understands intrinsically what Rangers is about. 

Gerrard works because the environment at Liverpool is very similar. Warburton didn’t work because he never “got it”. He could mimic it, he could trot out the words parrot fashion. But he never felt it. 

Our managerial shopping list should be filtered to British, working class background, steeped in football, with a passion for winning, forged in the culture of moral fortitude and with a level of intelligence and understanding of the modern game. 

Right now I would have someone like Kevin Thomson being groomed to replace Gerrard if he chooses to leave at the end of his current deal. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

I can’t quite put my finger on it but for some bizarre reason I feel we need a British Manager and I feel we need one that understands intrinsically what Rangers is about. 

Gerrard works because the environment at Liverpool is very similar. Warburton didn’t work because he never “got it”. He could mimic it, he could trot out the words parrot fashion. But he never felt it. 

Our managerial shopping list should be filtered to British, working class background, steeped in football, with a passion for winning, forged in the culture of moral fortitude and with a level of intelligence and understanding of the modern game. 

Right now I would have someone like Kevin Thomson being groomed to replace Gerrard if he chooses to leave at the end of his current deal. 

 

 

You named a player that doesn’t fit what you said before. As there is nothing to suggest KT fits the majority of those attributes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You named a player that doesn’t fit what you said before. As there is nothing to suggest KT fits the majority of those attributes 

He is British. Gets what it means to be a winner at Rangers. Has a passion for it. He is intelligent and is forging a solid career as a youth coach. Which attributes is he missing 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

He is British. Gets what it means to be a winner at Rangers. Has a passion for it. He is intelligent and is forging a solid career as a youth coach. Which attributes is he missing 

Put in Dutch and take out youth and you have GVB.  And on a sidenote what a fucking player her was always thought he was wasted after he left us cause he never played cm at arsenal or barca

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

He is British. Gets what it means to be a winner at Rangers. Has a passion for it. He is intelligent and is forging a solid career as a youth coach. Which attributes is he missing 

He was half decent with us and won four trophies. Apart from that he’s been injury prone most his career and won nothing else with anybody.   Hardly a born winner now is he?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking article..... nice to hear he remembers the club and our fans so fondly.

He was some player........and I  wouldn't mind seeing him in the managers chair when SG's tenure is over...... but hopefully that's a few years down the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He was half decent with us and won four trophies. Apart from that he’s been injury prone most his career and won nothing else with anybody.   Hardly a born winner now is he?

 

Thought he was excellent for us and often tipped to be a future captain. He won 5 major trophies in 3 years and then moved on before his knees turned to toffee. 

I think he would tick most of the boxes. 

I also was using him as an example, fine if you don't agree with the individual. I was espousing an opinion on the characteristics required of our manager. Particularly I was expressing my bewilderment at my own gut feel that our manager should be British. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Thought he was excellent for us and often tipped to be a future captain. He won 5 major trophies in 3 years and then moved on before his knees turned to toffee. 

I think he would tick most of the boxes. 

I also was using him as an example, fine if you don't agree with the individual. I was espousing an opinion on the characteristics required of our manager. Particularly I was expressing my bewilderment at my own gut feel that our manager should be British. 

 

I just thought it was a slightly odd choice tbf. But each to their own I suppose 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He was half decent with us and won four trophies. Apart from that he’s been injury prone most his career and won nothing else with anybody.   Hardly a born winner now is he?

 

Wit? Up there with one of the most mental posts I’ve seen on here. He played over 100 games for Barcelona in the three seasons he was there. The guy that ‘never won anything else’ actually won a champions league, UEFA cup and UEFA cup winners cup 🤣. He also won a vast array of domestic trophies throughout his career. He also played 106 times for the shitty footballing nation Holland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Wit? Up there with one of the most mental posts I’ve seen on here. He played over 100 games for Barcelona in the three seasons he was there. The guy that ‘never won anything else’ actually won a champions league, UEFA cup and UEFA cup winners cup 🤣. He also won a vast array of domestic trophies throughout his career. He also played 106 times for the shitty footballing nation Holland. 

No this is one of the most mentalist posts on here

Wrong 

😂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But seriously we need to start hoping that people like KT, McCann, Kenny Miller & even Lee Wallace carry on showing an interest in coaching/managing.

Ultimately i’d love for us to see enough well spoken and intelligent people who get the club involved in coaching/managing with the idea of eventually reaching a point where we can initially look to our own when we need managers in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 18 May 2022 19:00 Until 21:00
      0  
      Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers
      Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...