Gaffer rejects Newcastle

Sash tap

I think a lot of managers we could have had would’ve given a left bollock for a move to the epl but I think Gerrard can be a lot more patient. He’s here to win trophies, not as a stepping stone to the epl. I can’t see many jobs attracting him away for us before he wins 55. 

I think he is a straight down the middle honest loyal guy , 28 years at Liverpool tells you that and he will realise we gave him the big break, I think we are safe enough for a while, the project Gerrard has only started and he has prob draughted in around 10 members of staff so when he leaves a fair chunk of them will follow, that's a lot of family upheaval to be responsible for.

Reckon this will be his last year at Rangers, regardless if we win or not. 2 valuable years experience and he’ll look for a premiership job. 

If he wins league then he’ll have achieved what was required. If he loses then he’ll not want to be here for the fall out. 

I live near Newcastle and the local info is that our boss is on their shortlist. The lack of money for players and the uncertainty over the possible sale of the club is not likely to look attractive to SG. Newcastle go off for their pre-season in two weeks so not likely to be doing that with their new boss.

My own view is that Liverpool won't give him the job in a few years unless he has Premier experience so I expect we can only hold on to him for another year. Let's hope its a good one.

The best thing about this Newcastle rumour has been the other lot in work trying to convince me, and themselves, that he is off and all the reasons why he will take the job  whereas just 12/6/3 months ago they were claiming he was clueless.

They are shitting themselves for next season and, whilst it wasn’t perfect last year, they know we have a winner.

17 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

I live near Newcastle and the local info is that our boss is on their shortlist. The lack of money for players and the uncertainty over the possible sale of the club is not likely to look attractive to SG. Newcastle go off for their pre-season in two weeks so not likely to be doing that with their new boss.

My own view is that Liverpool won't give him the job in a few years unless he has Premier experience so I expect we can only hold on to him for another year. Let's hope its a good one.

Gerrard will be on every shortlist when an EPL job becomes available from now onwards,

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

Gerrard will be on every shortlist when an EPL job becomes available from now onwards,

👍

I'm surprised he hasn't been linked to the Tory party as a possible candidate for the PM position mate .... such is the media's need to fill column inches ..... :p: 

:UK:

15 hours ago, Bjorklund said:

The best thing about this Newcastle rumour has been the other lot in work trying to convince me, and themselves, that he is off and all the reasons why he will take the job  whereas just 12/6/3 months ago they were claiming he was clueless.

Thats because they are still feeling the burn for when saint Brendan left them as soon as the cash was flashed as predicted by a lot of bears, now they are left with TLB and Stevie G looks to be building something great here, they are shitting it and are dreaming of him moving before he shatters their holy grail. Pure envy I would say, just hope Stevie G does it this year. The meltdown would be epic :cheers:

On 08/07/2019 at 00:22, SIRB_72 said:

Now surely if Gerrard had been approached by Newcastle then Rangers must have been involved? Doubt it.

So Newcastle were trying to get Gerrard behind Rangers' back? I know it goes on but sounds like an illegal approach to me.

It’s not illegal to approach him 

10 hours ago, pcbear said:

Correct, if he keeps doing well. The sad fact is that he’s unlikely to go from Rangers to Liverpool meaning that eventually a Job will come up that he sees as a stepping stone to Anfield. Hopefully that’s 2-3 years away 

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Correct, if he keeps doing well. The sad fact is that he’s unlikely to go from Rangers to Liverpool meaning that eventually a Job will come up that he sees as a stepping stone to Anfield. Hopefully that’s 2-3 years away 

It depends how well we do in Europe ... sadly septic haven't helped with bringing in a dummy like lennon