*** RM Erskine Fund - Season 2019/20 - JOIN HERE!!!!

govanblue

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, jamess said:

If the boss man GB  looks at the donation statistics and spots us flat lining,  them bring on the xmas fund.  Santa needs paid up front.

As you know, we have a tradition of sending a cheque to each of our 3 Erskine Homes, for them to use for additional treats for their Christmas festivities.

Here's some of what they did in Christmas past:

Erskine Edinburgh: "After chatting with the residents they have chosen, rather than champagne, to have a single malt for the whisky fans and some fancy red wine for the wine drinkers. This is great as we usually can’t afford the good stuff so they’re now really looking forward to enjoying those on the day for their Christmas shindig. We’ve also been able to pay for our entertainer to perform for an extra hour which is great as he’s a favourite with the residents and so now we can have a packed afternoon of great music, fine wines and single malt!

Thank you very much for this generous gift which means that all of our residents are excited about celebrations and in good spirits."

"The Erskine Bishopton Home advised me that the money paid for some extra entertainment, some expensive crackers and some good whisky for all to enjoy."

"Here at Erskine Park we invested in a good quality Santa suit which meant our residents not only had a visit from Santa at our Christmas party but also a visit from Santa on Christmas Day. We borrowed a Santa suit in the past so thank you for ensuring that Santa is always available for gigs at Erskine park in the future. We also bought good quality whisky and decent crackers. Will let you know how Mains and Glasgow spent their donation when they get back to me.

Please thank your guys at RangersMedia for ensuring that our residents once again enjoyed an extra special Christmas."

Erskine Mains: Once again a Big Thank you to RangersMedia for the very generous donation towards our festive Season at Erskine Mains.

You Enabled us to purchase a New Christmas Tree (the old one was looking a bit tired) our new Tree is Fab and was used for our Tree of Honour Ceremony and our official Switching on of our Christmas lights.

Added to this we were able to purchase more refreshments ( Drinks & Food) for both Christmas & New Year Parties.

Many Thanks and all the best for 2015 to all at RangersMedia

From Erskine Mains

RM-xmas-cheques-.thumb.jpg.836feb4d9a8ba

GB and all at RM,

Can I on behalf of all the Residents at Erskine Home Bishopton, thank you for the fabulous cheque for £200 you gave to us for a Christmas treat.  

It was put to great use.  Oh Yes it was!

panto.thumb.jpg.4274785c7437d235f1ed371f

As you can see from the poster, we didn't go to the pantomine  -  the pantomine came to us (oh yes it did!), which meant over 50 residents got to see it in the comfort of the recreation department, instead of having to travel out to a cold draughty theatre. They also enjoyed a few whiskeys and sherries,  mince pies and many many other treats during the show, all paid for by RM.  

So on behalf of all our Residents, Staff, Carers and our many Volunteers, a Million thanks for your fantastic gesture, one of many you have given us over the years past.  All that remains to be said is have a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A GREAT 2017 ..................

FROM ALL AT ERSKINE HOME  BISHOPTON

This year, we also have Broxi Bravehound to think of, so we may need to raise a little bit more, just to be safe.

On 27/11/2019 at 10:22, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Obviously waiting for black friday and is gona entice us with a good donating deal😂

On 27/11/2019 at 12:27, Bears r us said:

Yes it will be a Black Friday bonanza form GB. :thumbsup:

As a special treat for Black Friday, we're not  starting the fundraiser until next week!

That will give us a couple of days to chase up those few remaining Members who are  on the Pledged List, but haven't got round to donating yet - like that lazy @govanblue for starters! 

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

As a special treat for Black Friday, we're not  starting the fundraiser until next week!

That will give us a couple of days to chase up those few remaining Members who are  on the Pledged List, but haven't got round to donating yet - like that lazy @govanblue for starters! 

:cheers:   :thumbsup:

On 29/11/2019 at 19:39, jamess said:

steady, steady process. :tu:

18 hours ago, jamess said:

Yes, I agree. :grouphug:

If even you two are agreeing, then it must be so.

:lol:

I'm expecting an email from Erskine tomorrow.  We'll have an update after that.  :tu:

On 28/11/2019 at 22:26, govanblue said:

Last call for the remaining Pledged List, Bears.
We need to get our Christmas Fundraiser launched soon or Erskine Homes will be very “blue” for all the wrong reasons :p:

@Andy Little's Boots @A.T.G @bikerblue @Burts91 @govanblue @Lets go 55 @Negri's lovechild @oldskoolblue @Rn510 @VentyFour 

1 hour ago, Zetland said:

We need to get our Christmas Fundraiser launched soon or Erskine Homes will be very “blue” for all the wrong reasons :p:

@Andy Little's Boots @A.T.G @bikerblue @Burts91 @govanblue @Lets go 55 @Negri's lovechild @oldskoolblue @Rn510 @VentyFour 

Sorry, I was all set to make my Season Membership donation, but then I saw this...

6040ea50-1885-4b68-8bb7-1740e47fec65.jpg

and I figured I should probably fire a couple of quid in that direction first.  

The Veterans are a patient lot.  I'll square them up next. :tu:

Then we can start our efforts for the Christmas Fundraiser.  :thumbsup:

Did I mention we've got a new Bank account, so you'll need to PM @Zetland for the details if you want to donate via Bank Transfer.

It's still the same PayPal though, so if anyone wants to donate to the Veterans' Christmas Party Fundraiser via PayPal, you can do that whenever you're ready.  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Sorry, I was all set to make my Season Membership donation, but then I saw this...

Did I mention we've got a new Bank account, so you'll need to PM @Zetland for the details if you want to donate via Bank Transfer.

It's still the same PayPal though, so if anyone wants to donate to the Veterans' Christmas Party Fundraiser via PayPal, you can do that whenever you're ready.  :thumbsup:

All good stuff GB, are you starting another thread for the Christmas Fundraiser ? 

6 hours ago, govanblue said:

I am sure the Veterans will understand, GB. Excellent effort from many on RangersMedia to support young Jordan & his Family. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Zetland said:

On it Thursday 

Archived