Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why are people asking for this? We all know the song ( words ) we cannot sing.  Every single Rangers supporter knows this.

From what I can gather yes TBB is the main one and we all assume this is why we have been pulled up for. Yet the last time it was for a complete dif song totally unrelated without the so called offensive words in it. This is where the confusion comes in. 

Being honest I wouldn't be surprised after Kings words today if the club are in on all this to get rid of the UB and anyone else who sings these so called offensive songs 

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate if it's not clear by now it should be that as fans some of us ARE doing damage to our club by continuing to sing songs we have been told not to. The evidence will be there further on Thursday night when we are 3,000 fans short as well as financial implications. It is as simple as we have been told not to sing these songs but we do it anyway. Can blame him, them and her but we are the problem and the solution in our house.

As for the board, i'm genuinely intrigued to hear what you think they should do/have done.

THIS IS exactly why we get passed around like an old whore in a cat house by the authorities and media alike.

...if it 's not clear by now as to what the board should have done now and many times before, then there is no hope. Christ, have they even told us what songs not to sing?!

Cowardly bastards and throw us under the bus each ands every time.

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Surely, at the least they could have issued a statement stating that certain songs and words, and name them are now illegal to be sang or used and explain why they are now illegal and banned?? 

That would at the very least let the fans know exactly what is allowed or not allowed

It isnt possible to create a definitive list of songs that are banned though.

A new song or chant could be made up on the spot and would break all the rules.

Fans would then complain that it was not on the banned list, and yet we were being punished.

Basically any song which includes the words 'fenian', 'taig' or 'pape' should not be sung.

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

From what I can gather yes TBB is the main one and we all assume this is why we have been pulled up for. Yet the last time it was for a complete dif song totally unrelated without the so called offensive words in it. This is where the confusion comes in. 

Being honest I wouldn't be surprised after Kings words today if the club are in on all this to get rid of the UB and anyone else who sings these so called offensive songs 

Fuck sake........

Moonhowling of the highest order. Full blown twilight zone stuff.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fans would then complain that it was not on the banned list, and yet we were being punished.

Basically any song which includes the words 'fenian', 'taig' or 'pape' should not be sung.

Get what u are saying regards songs but where do u stop with words?? Does tarrier etc deem to be offensive?? The English call me a jock should I take offence if they sing songs with those words in it?? What about sassenech is that offensive or frogs etc. Its a massive minefield to be heading down as anyone can take offence about anything

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Didn't they already do that at Hamilton I think?

Yes and they will continually because regardless of what we do right, the media scumbags or whoever is involved with that lot, will make up something against us.  That is how they will always continue to be especially if our board roll over like good little puppies. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuck sake........

Moonhowling of the highest order. Full blown twilight zone stuff.

Its not really the UB campaigned for a safe standing section and the board shut it down after initially seeming keen on the idea its been frosty between them ever since.

9 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Fucking hell wit!?

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Its not really the UB campaigned for a safe standing section and the board shut it down after initially seeming keen on the idea its been frosty between them ever since.

Aye I can see why there could be conflict between the two, but to suggest the club are in on the sanctions and it is all part of a master plan is just a bit mental. 

19 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Surely, at the least they could have issued a statement stating that certain songs and words, and name them are now illegal to be sang or used and explain why they are now illegal and banned?? 

That would at the very least let the fans know exactly what is allowed or not allowed

I thought there was some form of publication back in 2011 when Uefa fined us of songs we couldn't sing. 

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Come on, you KNOW even if those words are not mentioned, some snivelling little wreck will say they heard it and EVERYONE will be right on that bandwagon. Be realistic eh. 

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

NURSE!

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

THIS IS exactly why we get passed around like an old whore in a cat house by the authorities and media alike.

...if it 's not clear by now as to what the board should have done now and many times before, then there is no hope. Christ, have they even told us what songs not to sing?!

Cowardly bastards and throw us under the bus each ands every time.

The wee blue book in 2006 as another poster pointed out. The stated the songs which could and could not be used.

Archived