Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

11 hours ago, ben51 said:

One thing for sure, the fans aren't going to win this battle if we try to defy them. 

They've played their hand and will just keep coming for us. 

Be ready for a massive push on similar sanctions from the SFA being brought in, if not points deductions. 

The club statement is on the money. We've all sang the songs.. But they are just songs, very few of us mean them, and no one wants to be up to their knees in anyone's blood. 

We were told that if it continued the stadium would be closed, and that process has begun. Decent fans won't get a ticket to see their team this weekand the club will be denied much needed income. Staff at the club with Catholic connections will be questioning their position. The ref on Thursday will most likely be a Catholic, so what can we expect there? We have played right into the hands of those who despise our club, and given them a victory that they will enjoy. 

FFS it really is time to move on. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You can’t just pick and choose when it’s ok to do something because you get punished for it. 

Of course you can.  People do it every day.

I'll happily smoke weed in the street if I go to holland, as I know I wont be punished.  I wouldn't do it here because if I get caught I will get punished.

4 hours ago, Loyalist_RFC said:

And who are these "people that matter" ?  UEFA ...... Paedo FC ....... Scottish Media ........ SNP  ? It doesn't mean Catholic to me, one of my best friends is 52yrs of age born and raised a Roman Catholic but he is as big a Rangers man I know so you are telling me that these "people that matter" say I'm including him in any chants/songs I have about Fenians ? Nah mate don't think so and neither does he

Why don't the club & club1872 come out and tell these fux that attack us day after day, week after week etc etc exactly what the real meaning is......... FENIAN is not a Religion .........FENIAN is not a ROMAN CATHOLIC

We need to stop running

ffs the people who matter are the people who make the rules.  How do you not see this?

You can type in all caps and think you are making a point all you want.  You aren't making a point at all as it doesn't bloody matter what you, I, or anyone else that isn't in power define Fenian as.   You think that UEFA care for a second what you mean when you sing it?  They have their definition, and that's what they will work from, nothing else.

Literally the only opinions that matter here are the guys in charge, they say don't sing it or we get punished.

End of the day, we now know what will happen if we get charged again, 

4 hours ago, yermaw145 said:

No. We should resist this while we can. 

I'm sorry if im being naïve but I haven't spotted any racist chants in the Rangers support anywhere.  And if I did, I would intervene. 

To capitulate to this organised smear campaign from FARE, a proxy of the beasty bhoys press, would be to simply give up again.

I can't believe Gerrard's bought into it now. He's listened to united fans mocking Hillsborough, now he's been told to criticise chants of protestant self determination. 

This embargo has Lawwels fingerprints all over it. 

Now is the time for the Rangers board to match their hand and demand the full scale enquiry of institutionalised child abuse at the hands of celtic. Fc .

They're screening documentary's at parkhead with Tom Boyd as a contributor.

I'd like to see Parkhead on trial with Boyd being cross examined as a defendant in chains

It doesn't have to be racist to see us charged.  It's been posted a few times in this thread.  ( I can't be arsed looking for it) but that section we have been charged under includes race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc.

1 hour ago, Heshootshescores said:

The club statement is on the money. We've all sang the songs.. But they are just songs, very few of us mean them, and no one wants to be up to their knees in anyone's blood. 

We were told that if it continued the stadium would be closed, and that process has begun. Decent fans won't get a ticket to see their team this weekand the club will be denied much needed income. Staff at the club with Catholic connections will be questioning their position. The ref on Thursday will most likely be a Catholic, so what can we expect there? We have played right into the hands of those who despise our club, and given them a victory that they will enjoy. 

FFS it really is time to move on. 

Why?

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

So we lie down and accept that, whilst they sing their songs of hate and bigotry?

If our board accepted that inequity, we would be as well as padlocking the gates.

Their songs don't get us charged. 

Report their songs of bigotry to UEFA mate.  They might take action.  

Regards the board, I'd be fine with them issuing a statement condemning the songs that get us into trouble, while having a dig at those bastards for the songbook they seem to get away with singing.

I am not arguing that there seems to be a lack of parity in these rules being implemented,  but we need to stop singing fenian bastard or we ARE going to be punished heavily.

Lack of parity wont matter when we are booted out of the competition.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why?

Because most of these are fenian snp separatist treacherous traitor dogs. By now every good man and woman should have realised the time has come to vote out the scum snp and its kin.

Mon the good people!

The more time goes on the less and less the word fenian will mean RC. 

When I was growing up the word fenian went hand in hand with being RC. 

In my early days of being aware of what being a bear was all about was that our club had a tradition of not having RC players but during the 80s that trend was on the way out with John Spencer coming through our youth system then the signing of Mo Johnson, this started the change in our modern day tradition. 

Through the 90s we saw many players who in the previous 60 odd years would never have been allowed near our club. Guys like Amo, Porrini, Negri and even Albertz being welcomed and treated as hero's by our support, Amo even went onto captain the club without as much as a murmor from the fan base. 

Then came Le Guen, our first RC manager, very few objections and from what I saw the only people upset were the tarriers in this country. 

This shows me that in my time we have moved on. Even today we have players crossing themselves when entering the field and when scoring without outcry. 

We do however still have a hatred and rightly so of fenian bastards. Today it has moved on to what was originally the meaning of a fenian. An Irish Republican, an individual who is complete opposite of what we traditionally believe in. In my time Irish republicans have been enemies of our state, they have committed terrorist acts against our country and against our beliefs. 

Unfortunately for us Uefa who run European club football want to appear squeaky clean and open to all. They are against the politicisation of the game and any chant against fenians will not be tolerated, Many bears and quite rightly so are confused to why the fenian movement in this country can still get away with bringing politics into the game and hiding behind their faux religious beliefs in order to be seen to be the baddies. 

From now on we just need to toe the party line. Otherwise we will just get kicked from pillar to post. I know it's a load of bollocks and completly unfair the way our club is targeted but we just need to play the game and while involved in Europe keep our hatred of fenian bastards to ourselves. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Unfortunately for us Uefa who run European club football want to appear squeaky clean and open to all. They are against the politicisation of the game and any chant against fenians will not be tolerated, Many bears and quite rightly so are confused to why the fenian movement in this country can still get away with bringing politics into the game and hiding behind their faux religious beliefs in order to be seen to be the baddies. 

In Scotland clubs are not held accountable for the actions of the fans.  For this to happen the clubs would need to vote in favour of 'strict liability' and that's never going to happen.

Capture.thumb.PNG.a9b2f832d0b66f13da6d457072efb1ef.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.61fad24864394867c7e370713d52ea5c.PNG

Playing in Europe is different because clubs are held accountable for the actions of their fans.  In terms of parity UEFA have punished celtic more than any other club in terms of fines:

- December 2011: celtic are fined £12,700 after fans sing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

- March 2012: A £21,000 penalty is issued after supporters set off fireworks and unveil an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

- September 2012: The use of fireworks at celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville costs the Scottish title winners another £4,200.

- December 2013: The club are fined around £42,000 after "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

- September 2014: UEFA fines celtic £15,900 after fans display a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

- February 2015: The club are fined £7,300 after celtic fans clash with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb. The fine also punishes celtic for the supporters' use of fireworks.

- March 2015: Flares set off by celtic fans during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro incur a £3,600 sanction.

- February 2016: A £10,000 fine is issued for using fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul, although a portion of the fine related to the "improper conduct" of the team.

- August 2016: Fans again flew Palestinian flags in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva, prompting UEFA to fine the Scottish champions £8,616 for the use of "illicit banners".

- February 2017: More fireworks and crowd disturbances during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium are punished with a £16,050 fine.

- July 2017: celtic are fined £20,000 for crowd-related offences during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield, including blocked stairways and another "illicit banner" featuring a paramilitary-style figure.

- October 2017: celtic are fined £8,900 after 21-year-old supporter John Hatton raced on to the Parkhead pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match in September.

26 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The more time goes on the less and less the word fenian will mean RC. 

When I was growing up the word fenian went hand in hand with being RC. 

In my early days of being aware of what being a bear was all about was that our club had a tradition of not having RC players but during the 80s that trend was on the way out with John Spencer coming through our youth system then the signing of Mo Johnson, this started the change in our modern day tradition. 

Through the 90s we saw many players who in the previous 60 odd years would never have been allowed near our club. Guys like Amo, Porrini, Negri and even Albertz being welcomed and treated as hero's by our support, Amo even went onto captain the club without as much as a murmor from the fan base. 

Then came Le Guen, our first RC manager, very few objections and from what I saw the only people upset were the tarriers in this country. 

This shows me that in my time we have moved on. Even today we have players crossing themselves when entering the field and when scoring without outcry. 

We do however still have a hatred and rightly so of fenian bastards. Today it has moved on to what was originally the meaning of a fenian. An Irish Republican, an individual who is complete opposite of what we traditionally believe in. In my time Irish republicans have been enemies of our state, they have committed terrorist acts against our country and against our beliefs. 

From now on we just need to toe the party line. Otherwise we will just get kicked from pillar to post. I know it's a load of bollocks and completly unfair the way our club is targeted but we just need to play the game and while involved in Europe keep our hatred of fenian bastards to ourselves. 

I agree with most of what you've said.
However, I believe our most urgent priority is to gain placemen on UEFA committees. These placemen must work towards making and gaining allies for our corner.
There is no other action that we can take at the moment other than creating an acrimonious standoff with UEFA, and we won't win that.

I have always hated those tarrier bastards since I can remember at primary school. But I have never hated them as much as I do now because it's no longer about Rangers and the scum every one in this country be it snp, fare,nbm, police Scotland to name a few hate the fact that we are on the way back to the top. But what a shame it would be if after all the hard work the manager his backroom staff and players have put in so far this season and especially in Europe if we let our path back to the top to be blocked by these tarrier appeasing bastards in this parochial country of ours. let's get clarification from the board exactly what songs cannot be sung Because in all honesty we have plenty of Rangers and loyalist songs that can be sung ligitimitly and songs that the scum hate so let us cheer on the gers and sing the songs we are allowed to sing loud and proud get behind the team and see where the season takes us it looks like exciting times ahead for the gers at last it's been a while. and the best way to get back at our enemies is to keep on winning on all fronts and watch them suffer and shove it right up every one of those bitter tarrier loving peado cunts they are all terrified you can smell their fear if you ever have the misfortune of having to talk to the scummy bastards.

13 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I have always hated those tarrier bastards since I can remember at primary school. But I have never hated them as much as I do now because it's no longer about Rangers and the scum every one in this country be it snp, fare,nbm, police Scotland to name a few hate the fact that we are on the way back to the top. But what a shame it would be if after all the hard work the manager his backroom staff and players have put in so far this season and especially in Europe if we let our path back to the top to be blocked by these tarrier appeasing bastards in this parochial country of ours. let's get clarification from the board exactly what songs cannot be sung Because in all honesty we have plenty of Rangers and loyalist songs that can be sung ligitimitly and songs that the scum hate so let us cheer on the gers and sing the songs we are allowed to sing loud and proud get behind the team and see where the season takes us it looks like exciting times ahead for the gers at last it's been a while. and the best way to get back at our enemies is to keep on winning on all fronts and watch them suffer and shove it right up every one of those bitter tarrier loving peado cunts they are all terrified you can smell their fear if you ever have the misfortune of having to talk to the scummy bastards.

I think the problem we have is that the board can't issue a list of songs we can sing.

We're dealing with a bunch of people who are intent on finding something to be offended about in anything that's sung or chanted. 

We're getting done for a song in an early Europa qualifier against a bunch of nobodies. It was at a stage in the competition where there was minimal (if any) UEFA/Europa League branding in the stadium, and the only media channel that broadcast the game was our own one. 

I don’t speak Polish so I’d be very intrigued to see the lyrics to Legia’s supporters’ songs translated into English. I think it’s probably a fair bet they’re not getting them out of a hymnal.

In regards our punishment, no mystery who’s pulling the strings on this hypocritical marionette; they are running scared because we’re finally strong enough again to blow their plastic trophies sky high. They are sneaky, scaly bastards but unfortunately at this point in time they and their cronies are holding the cards. Winds me up to high doh, but we are only cutting our own throats the more we persist with singing the so-called  “offensive” songs. If we get our house in order on that (which I fully realise is no mean feat), they will have nothing they can come after us for. And when that happens is the time to lay the record on their transgressions bare as forcefully as possible and lower the boom on those despicable fuckwits.

Have a read at this old blog on FARE & celtic. Make your toes curl ...

Vanguard Bears‏ @VanguardBears

FollowFollow @VanguardBears

More

Worth reading this about FARE from 2011. This is what we are up against. http://truthonsectarianism.blogspot.com/2011/06/fare-fare-are-Rangers-enemies-summary.html?m=1 …

12:23 PM - 23 Aug 2019

18 minutes ago, delparlane said:

I don’t speak Polish so I’d be very intrigued to see the lyrics to Legia’s supporters’ songs translated into English. I think it’s probably a fair bet they’re not getting them out of a hymnal.

In regards our punishment, no mystery who’s pulling the strings on this hypocritical marionette; they are running scared because we’re finally strong enough again to blow their plastic trophies sky high. They are sneaky, scaly bastards but unfortunately at this point in time they and their cronies are holding the cards. Winds me up to high doh, but we are only cutting our own throats the more we persist with singing the so-called  “offensive” songs. If we get our house in order on that (which I fully realise is no mean feat), they will have nothing they can come after us for. And when that happens is the time to lay the record on their transgressions bare as forcefully as possible and lower the boom on those despicable fuckwits.

Been here before. They go about their business unfettered.

As you say, we need to accept we have lost and come to heel. 

This is just a small part of the reality of the way things are now. Unrelated, but similarly symptomatic, is the inevitable march toward independence. 

Reading FF this morning for the 10 minutes I could stomach was grim.

A lot on there are virtually hyperventilating. Someone's even suggesting it's cause we sing Tiffany. Again Tiffany is another song that just doesn't make an appearance in European home matches. Apparently BMG has add ons. (I take it he really meant the line before the chorus)

I read someone suggesting that the Ryan Jack is a fucking Protestant song could get us in the shit.

Remember between the vile paedophile cult and the world's most shocking sporting paedophile ring they claimed that the hokey cokey was sectarian, penny arcade was about the murder of a Catholic at some fairground in NI and the bouncy celebrates jumping on Catholics heads. TBB will go away again, super Rangers also but they won't stop and the deciphering of every Rangers song and the meaning or connotations behind it will continue.

I'll be honest I think what FARE and the tarriers have been trying is working cause I feel pretty deflated just now with all of this when on Thursday morning I was buzzing for the Warsaw double header and the next two league games.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Reading FF this morning for the 10 minutes I could stomach was grim.

A lot on there are virtually hyperventilating. Someone's even suggesting it's cause we sing Tiffany. Again Tiffany is another song that just doesn't make an appearance in European home matches. Apparently BMG has add ons. (I take it he really meant the line before the chorus)

I read someone suggesting that the Ryan Jack is a fucking Protestant song could get us in the shit.

Remember between the vile paedophile cult and the world's most shocking sporting paedophile ring they claimed that the hokey cokey was sectarian, penny arcade was about the murder of a Catholic at some fairground in NI and the bouncy celebrates jumping on Catholics heads. TBB will go away again, super Rangers also but they won't stop and the deciphering of every Rangers song and the meaning or connotations behind it will continue.

I'll be honest I think what FARE and the tarriers have been trying is working cause I feel pretty deflated just now with all of this when on Thursday morning I was buzzing for the Warsaw double header and the next two league games.

Spot on mate, even Gerrard looked fucking scunnered yesterday.

Everyone including myself is feeling a little bit deflated regarding this after such a good start as a season.

The only thing that really matters now is we stick together as fans and support the team 100% over the next ten days. It's our biggest week for years.

TBB and Super Rangers will stop, it did years ago for a period of time and will so again. If not, well then we get shafted even worse.

100,000 this is going to cost the club. Times gave changed and like it or not we have to sing something else. Let them sing their terrorist loving shit, we can report it and cite what happened to us as precedent. There are other places where you can sing what you like, just not Ibrox. Besides the chorus of Derry's Walls is also great to belt out at Ibrox and does not offend.

18 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

100,000 this is going to cost the club. Times gave changed and like it or not we have to sing something else. Let them sing their terrorist loving shit, we can report it and cite what happened to us as precedent. There are other places where you can sing what you like, just not Ibrox. Besides the chorus of Derry's Walls is also great to belt out at Ibrox and does not offend.

In the end, we want the team on the park to be the best it can possibly be. Losing money from this shite is only going to effect that directly unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The Billy Boys and Super Rangers won’t be going away against the taigs, not while they fenian bastards spout their bile unchallenged, repugnant manky stinking fucking degenerate fenian bastards. 

I prefer the defiance of No Surrender than lowering myself to their level and engaging in name calling.

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I prefer the defiance of No Surrender than lowering myself to their level and engaging in name calling.

I’ll call them as I see them 😂 although reminding them of their sordid history seems to be the best way to get at them these days. 

Archived