Explanation needed

scottyc06

From the board! 

In regards to closing BF1 & refunding them as opposed to finding them new seats. 

Why are season ticket holders, more than likely signed up to CCCS being told to stay away? Could all non-season ticket holders not be refunded first? 

If the specific instruction was to close BF1 then fine, explain that! Although the wording of the statement suggests there was no specific area advised to be closed. 

If it was, as expected, the boards decision to come down on the UB's and those in the section then serious questions need asked of the board! We are going into a massive week for the club & they are going to war with our biggest vocal backing! Complete incompetence! At a time when we really need to be together they are potentially ripping us apart! 

This could easily turn into a fucking disaster if not handled right, and it won't just be our European campaigns that will suffer! 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fairly obvious they don't want the UB there.

Absolute shambles that they've blamed them without actually saying it, especially when it gets sung every week and they couldn't care less about it,

It is obvious but to do it now of all times is fucking mind blowing! 

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

It is obvious but to do it now of all times is fucking mind blowing! 

I could say the plot thickens. So they've siezed the opportunity to get back at the UB, but they still threw all of us under a bus.

They are not protecting the club. They are protecting their own skins.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I could say the plot thickens. So they've siezed the opportunity to get back at the UB, but they still threw all of us under a bus.

They are not protecting the club. They are protecting their own skins.

You're right, they are risking our success to save their own faces! Fucking pathetic! 

It is starting to concern me that our board might see defeating the UB as more important than getting all the fans together to try and win this league and stop them winning 9.

UEFA are people who make rules very much like the EU with very little or no common sense behind what they do. If we want want to stay in this competition we need to win on Thursday and play by their skewed ideas that is how it will be unfortunately. 

What I cannot understand is why the board seem to be trying to divide our support even more than it is, especially in this so important session. I really do dispair at times like this. 

The charge is bollox but to say the axe falls at the door of the UB is shameful.....90%  of the tunes are to do with Rangers and fuck all political...yes if the full ground erupts into "no Pope of rome" then yes they will sing along but they shouldn't be the ones under sanction 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is starting to concern me that our board might see defeating the UB as more important than getting all the fans together to try and win this league and stop them winning 9.

UEFA are people who make rules very much like the EU with very little or no common sense behind what they do. If we want want to stay in this competition we need to win on Thursday and play by their skewed ideas that is how it will be unfortunately. 

What I cannot understand is why the board seem to be trying to devide our support even more than it is, especially in this so important session. I really do dispair at times like this. 

Divided support will never gather together against the Board. 

They have never wanted the UB they are the poster boys against all things sit down shut up and just give us your money that this board crave. 

The Board managed to get rid of Rangers First just in case, only real voice the support have left is The UB. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Divided support will never gather together against the Board. 

They have never wanted the UB they are the poster boys against all things sit down shut up and just give us your money that this board crave. 

I was purely speaking about fans together on the terraces CB, and that is my concern with this season so important to us all trying to stop them getting 9. 

I agree fully about about fans not going against this board, I was not meaning that on this occasion. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wasn’t it posted on one of the other threads that BF1 was cited by UEFA?  If so, that’s why.

The statement from the club has no mention of that whatsoever...

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

If it was then as I say, fine explain that! Something tells me that's not the case however! 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

If it was then as I say, fine explain that! Something tells me that's not the case however! 

@eskbankloyal im sure mentioned that it was this section that was specifically reported.

This is why they will have been targeted.

I dont think it would be particularly helpful to come out and throw them under a bus by stating this was the section that caused us to close some of the stadium. Probably better to talk to them unofficially about it. 

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Sounds to me like they are laying the blame completely at the door of The UB. 

Cunts in Blazers. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

@eskbankloyal im sure mentioned that it was this section that was specifically reported.

This is why they will have been targeted.

I dont think it would be particularly helpful to come out and throw them under a bus by stating this was the section that caused us to close some of the stadium. Probably better to talk to them unofficially about it. 

Are you seriously suggesting that the club are doing the UB's a favour here??

After this season those bankers will get feck all from me , they are an embarrassment and are driving real fans out the ones who stood by the club in times of trouble in the 80's and in lower division , give us you're money and shut up that's what they want , whilst trying to build bridges with our enemies

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the club are doing the UB's a favour here??

Nah, not really. I think they have kicked them out to send a message. I think they have just stopped short of coming out and claiming that the singing from the BF1 section resulted in the closure of some of the stadium.

If the board really wanted to hammer the Union Bears, they could do it publicly. This is a warning, if another sanction happens, then you will see a real fight.

UB have been done wrong by the club here especially in not being relocated 

Season ticket holders and guys on CCCS should take priority in a situation like this, no way they should be missing a game this big because of the section they sit in. UB should’ve been relocated and dispersed around the ground if the club wanted to send a warning out 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nah, not really. I think they have kicked them out to send a message. I think they have just stopped short of coming out and claiming that the singing from the BF1 section resulted in the closure of some of the stadium.

If the board really wanted to hammer the Union Bears, they could do it publicly. This is a warning, if another sanction happens, then you will see a real fight.

My point is, why make this warning?? Why now? You must admit that the timing is horrible & they have jumped on this as a reason to get one over the UB's at what could be to the detriment of the club! Regardless of who is right or wrong regarding song choices, this is madness from the board! 

Listen, if they don't want to back the fans then fine but don't go after them, not this season! 

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

My point is, why make this warning?? Why now? You must admit that the timing is horrible & they have jumped on this as a reason to get one over the UB's at what could be to the detriment of the club! Regardless of who is right or wrong regarding song choices, this is madness from the board! 

Listen, if they don't want to back the fans then fine but don't go after them, not this season! 

Why now? Because we have literally just been punished today (according to @eskbankloyal) because of them.

It was the BF1 who were caught singing the songs which resulted in today's punishment.

The board also dont have a choice. They HAVE to kick 3000 folk out. This is on orders from UEFA. It just happens to be that they are kicking out the section who were cited it the first place. Im not sure if this is UEFA's call or the boards, but I happen to agree with it.

Dont get me wrong, the UB's bring great atmosphere to the club, they just have to learn the limits of what they can do.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Why now? Because we have literally just been punished today (according to @eskbankloyal) because of them.

It was the BF1 who were caught singing the songs which resulted in today's punishment.

The board also dont have a choice. They HAVE to kick 3000 folk out. This is on orders from UEFA. It just happens to be that they are kicking out the section who were cited it the first place. Im not sure if this is UEFA's call or the boards, but I happen to agree with it.

Dont get me wrong, the UB's bring great atmosphere to the club, they just have to learn the limits of what they can do.

They were caught despite it catching on to different sections, used as a scapegoat because.