At least Mcgregor can be relied upon

StaunchLondonGer

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He had two tremendous saves forby the goals he didn’t have much to do.

But neither did Lurch.....says it all really.

Thought he did more than that tbh. He's always right up for it against the scum and was best man on the park for us along with Davis imo.

says a lot really. Rat loyal!

4 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Thought he did more than that tbh. He's always right up for it against the scum and was best man on the park for us along with Davis imo.

says a lot really. Rat loyal!

His double save was the fist save he had to make in the game, commentary confirmed it.

I’m not saying anything other than he is class, he proved it time and again but forby the two gifted goals they never pressured us.

29 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Thank fuck for him basically. Several first class reaction saves at close range that kept us in it.

One of only a few that consistently deliver their A-game on the big occasions.

I think he should have done better with the first goal tbh!!

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

I think he should have done better with the first goal tbh!!

Really mate? It's a one-on-one with a quality striker at a perfect angle with the goal gaping. Always 80/20 the striker should score in that one.

Go down sooner and he gets chipped. He tried to make himself big  till the last second. 

7 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Really mate? It's a one-on-one with a quality striker at a perfect angle with the goal gaping. Always 80/20 the striker should score in that one.

Go down sooner and he gets chipped. He tried to make himself big  till the last second. 

Fair comment/assessment mate but for me if that’s goram or klos that’s saved!!

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Sounds good pal 🙂  But if I had one player to switch from our past I'd be keeping Shagger where he is and bringing in Laudrup!

1 hour ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Yeah, Edouard had been poor up to then, especially with the free kick which missed the goal by about 30yards. but proved wih that one goal, the way Morelos did on Thursday, that he knows why he's on the park. 

11 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

To slice a floated pass out wide right to the halfway line for Tav to try and header, fucking joke.

To be fair to McGregor the manager today left him and the team with Tav being the only out ball in the first half. As for the FIVE central midfielders for the best part they hid in those situations.

20 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Na, even Goram and Klos got beaten in those situations. Many times. 

Equally, they saved them numerous times too.  As has Shagger.

Point being, as a few posts above, if they’re up against a quality, composed finisher, it should be a goal nearly every time.  

And let’s face it, we would have been ragin’ had Morelos missed in the same situation, which kind of tells you everything.